• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS Hardware Info (Conference At 10 PST/1 EST Today)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTF is that?

Time for some sleep, I think I'll enjoy the distilled facts more than the chaotic live blogging.

If it's out somewhere this year, have they ever done a launch date announcement so close to the launch before?

Pirabear

Banned
Assuming that a NA/EU release is announced either during the conference or shortly after via press release, roughly how long would it take for it to be available for preorder on Amazon/Gamestop/etc?

WillyFive

Graphics Horse said:
Time for some sleep, I think I'll enjoy the distilled facts more than the chaotic live blogging.

I love the live blogging, but I'll read it in the morning, without the annoyances of refreshing the page and 500 errors.

Gravijah

Omiee said:
realy hope it comes out this year.

Japan, probably. Rest of the world, not looking likely.

Psst, this special avatar is still available Why would you do that? If you don't take it, I'll let one of the many people who want it have it!

079yI.png

dvolovets

Gravijah said:
I am just a reasonable person.
How is a worldwide release not reasonable? Like I already said in this thread, the DS and Wii both came out in America first. Why would the 3DS buck that trend?

Jeels

dvolovets said:
How is a worldwide release not reasonable? Like I already said in this thread, the DS and Wii both came out in America first. Why would the 3DS buck that trend?

Because the 3DS doesnt need to come out in America this holiday.

Gravijah

dvolovets said:

Just going on things we have heard, it doesn't seem likely that America will get it at the same time. I'm not saying it's not possible. Just not likely.

Michan

dvolovets said:
Americans will continue to eat up the DS for a long time; its sales show no sign of stopping. Nintendo could focus all of their efforts into a Japanese launch (where DS/Wii is slowing) and prepare enough units for an American/European launch some time next year. The DS will continue to sell, no matter what. Why should Nintendo sacrifice sales of their best-selling system in their biggest market?

Jzero

Michan said:
Americans will continue to eat up the DS for a long time; its sales show no sign of stopping. Nintendo could focus all of their efforts into a Japanese launch (where DS/Wii is slowing) and prepare enough units for an American/European launch some time next year. The DS will continue to sell, no matter what. Why should Nintendo sacrifice sales of their best-selling system in their biggest market?
i don't get why japan gets all the good stuff(club nintendo prizes) when america is the one that buys the most consoles.

DR2K

Banned
Michan said:

DS is not slowing in Japan. Wii is stagnant in all regions. If your logic made sense the original DS would have never released had they just waited for the GBA to stop selling.

antonz

I imagine the DS will be like the GBA when it comes to North America. That fucker died everywhere else but was consistently outselling the PS3 lol

MisterHero

Jzero15 said:
i don't get why japan gets all the good stuff(club nintendo prizes) when america is the one that buys the most consoles.
I don't know about that. I buy a lot of Nintendo games but not enough for an awesome Nintendo poster autographed by Reggie :(

I really want one

ILikeFeet

Banned
Father_Brain said:
I'm 90-something percent sure that the only games there that weren't announced at E3 are the bolded ones at the bottom. Translation?

I think those are the Ubisoft games that they are covering. they already been announced

Father_Brain said:
I'm 90-something percent sure that the only games there that weren't announced at E3 are the bolded ones at the bottom. Translation?

The Combat of Giants Game is definitely not new. It's a continuation of Ubi Soft's DS game.

Medalion

Banned
This place will explode more if the conference is a dissapointment than if it was a success... something to think about during all those 500 server errors

Tenbatsu

Father_Brain said:
Class of Heroes
Ghost Recon Tactics
Splinter Cell 3D
Driver 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom