• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS Hardware Info (Conference At 10 PST/1 EST Today)

Status
Not open for further replies.
riceandbeans said:
Wait, what on num. 2?

When did they announce region locking?! That's bullshit. The GBA and DS didn't have region locking. Hype just went down for this. Probably did it for piracy reasons but still... no importing Jump! Superstars sucks. But no Doki Doki Majo Shinpan? Well, that just fucking hurts.
DSi is region locked for games that have DSi enhanced features. We've known this for over a year now.

gerg

riceandbeans said:
Wait, what on num. 2?

When did they announce region locking?! That's bullshit. The GBA and DS didn't have region locking. Hype just went down for this. Probably did it for piracy reasons but still... no importing Jump! Superstars sucks. But no Doki Doki Majo Shinpan? Well, that just fucking hurts.

Nintendo haven't announced that the 3DS is region-locked yet, but since any reasonable person should expect them to we should just take it as a given that it will be.

I wonder if the final design will be different. I really hope so, because the one we know so far is pretty fucked up. Just look at the controls on the left.. ugh...

antonz

perfectchaos007 said:
what is the 4th dimension? I know spongebob 4D at universal studio had smellovision and crawly things under your seats :/

Or maybe that was Shrek 4D...

Clearly the trailer we all laughed at and enjoyed at E3 was actually a sneak peak at the 4D. Going into the games etc

DeathbyVolcano said:
2 hours 20 minutes!
faactz.jpg

Ezduo

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:
what is the 4th dimension? I know spongebob 4D at universal studio had smellovision and crawly things under your seats :/

Or maybe that was Shrek 4D...
Isn't the fourth dimension time?

Hylian7

Even with these doubts abuot a 2010 North American release, I still hold to my prediction that it will come out on November 21 of this year in North America. As for a price, I don't have anything to back this guess up, but I think it will be either $239.99 or $249.99. I also think it will release November 20 in Japan.

The 3DS will:

Be region free
Have an online experience that matches or surpasses Xbox Live
Have a digital download ecosystem that rivals STEAM
Have Nintendo boasting about a brand new AAA IP targeted at the traditional Nintendo demographic
Have a Virtual Console that includes both consoles and handhelds (including GameGear, Wonderswan, Neo Geo Pocket, and Turbo Express)
Have its specs fully revealed by Nintendo

Baiano19 said:
4zypau.gif

super member indeed

That .gif makes me wonder if maybe the 3DS will also get the 25th aniversary mario collection. We haven't had any of the original mario games portable since the GBA, and since the 3DS can't play GBA games, maybe it's time! It makes perfect sense! And in 3D!!!!!!!!!!

Jzero

Flying_Phoenix said:
The 3DS will:

Not Be region free
Not Have an online experience that matches or surpasses Xbox Live
Not Have a digital download ecosystem that rivals STEAM
Not Have Nintendo boasting about a brand new AAA IP targeted at the traditional Nintendo demographic
Not Have a Virtual Console that includes both consoles and handhelds (including GameGear, Wonderswan, Neo Geo Pocket, and Turbo Express)
Not Have its specs fully revealed by Nintendo
fixed

celebi23

Flying_Phoenix said:
The 3DS will:

Be region free
Have Nintendo boasting about a brand new AAA IP targeted at the traditional Nintendo demographic
Have a Virtual Console that includes both consoles and handhelds (including GameGear, Wonderswan, Neo Geo Pocket, and Turbo Express)
9043n.jpg

I wish :lol

Flying_Phoenix said:
The 3DS will:

That would be awesome. There's no reason for Nintendo to not have a Virtual Handheld service for the 3DS that has at least their own past handhelds.

Shiggie

Flying_Phoenix said:
The 3DS will:

Be region free
Shhhhhh, that info is only for Pure Gold GAF® members.

Jzero

東京ゲームショウだけ見ていてもゲーム業界、特にケータイゲームの最新事情はつかみきれませんよ、というお話。http://bit.ly/b5vMI5 ゲーム関連では、14時から実況する予定の任天堂の発表会もお楽しみに。 #3ds #nintendo

antonz

perfectchaos007 said:
That .gif makes me wonder if maybe the 3DS will also get the 25th aniversary mario collection. We haven't had any of the original mario games portable since the GBA, and since the 3DS can't play GBA games, maybe it's time! It makes perfect sense! And in 3D!!!!!!!!!!

I think we will see classics like SMB. I mean we saw examples of this at E3.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Jzero15 said:
東京ゲームショウだけ見ていてもゲーム業界、特にケータイゲームの最新事情はつかみきれませんよ、というお話。http://bit.ly/b5vMI5 &#12466...2362;楽しみに。 #3ds #nintendo

"Just watch the games industry, even if the Tokyo Game Show, the latest situation, especially Ketaigemu I can not grasp it, talk it"

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Jzero15 said:
東京ゲームショウだけ見ていてもゲーム業界、特にケータイゲームの最新事情はつかみきれませんよ、というお話。http://bit.ly/b5vMI5 &#12466...2362;楽しみに。 #3ds #nintendo
what what what?

Ezduo

Banned
Jzero15 said:
It begins?

ILikeFeet

Banned
QuiteWhittle said:
Is there anyone on who can actually translate these tweets?

I posted a google translate. I'll do it for whatever comes up

hear it is again:

Just watch the games industry, even if the Tokyo Game Show, the latest situation, especially Ketaigemu I can not grasp it, talk it

Bizzyb

Banned
Jzero15 said:

Actually, I think the Virtual Console part WILL be a reality. Esp with the whole GBA no longer being apart of DS functionality thing. 1.5 gb is more than enough to store VC games and other info.

There's also the support of SD cards. Gotta use all that storage space for SOMETHING (other than 3DSWare)

creamsugar said:
I translated it for your needs:

Samurai Warriors Chronicle
Resident Evil Revelations
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
Dynasty Warriors
Ninja Gaiden
Dead or Alive - Dimensions
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Chocobo Racing 3D
Super Black Bass
Super Monkey Ball