• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

JABEE

From Walter Football

Philadelphia Eagles: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington: A+ Grade
If you were to tell the Eagles two months ago that they could select Sidney Jones in the second round, the front office probably would've had you committed to a mental ward. And yet, here we are, as Jones is coming off a torn Achilles. Jones is a top-15 talent and may not be able to play in 2017. There's a chance he could, and even if he does, he probably won't be 100 percent. However, Jones should be fully recovered by 2018, and by that time, Philadelphia will be ready to compete for the Super Bowl (though I'd say they are ready this year.) Jones will likely emerge as a No. 1 shutdown cornerback by then, making this a terrific selection.

Jabee I visit Walter to see the drafts. But if I'm being honest his grades are garbage. It's hard to describe them, but def a sense of bias in them. Don't really put too much weight on his draft grades/FA. And again I visit the site to check out mocks. Also not saying I think Jones was a bad pick
o0Kp0Gr_d.jpg

From Walter Football

Philadelphia Eagles: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington: A+ Grade
If you were to tell the Eagles two months ago that they could select Sidney Jones in the second round, the front office probably would've had you committed to a mental ward. And yet, here we are, as Jones is coming off a torn Achilles. Jones is a top-15 talent and may not be able to play in 2017. There's a chance he could, and even if he does, he probably won't be 100 percent. However, Jones should be fully recovered by 2018, and by that time, Philadelphia will be ready to compete for the Super Bowl (though I'd say they are ready this year.) Jones will likely emerge as a No. 1 shutdown cornerback by then, making this a terrific selection.
How often do teams go from missing the playoffs to winning the sb? Who ever wrote that is drunk.

Bread

Banned
Jones will be fully recovered by 2018 and after all that time rehabbing he'll be ready to emerge as a shut down corner? That's pretty optimistic.

Hindl

Jones will be fully recovered by 2018 and after all that time rehabbing he'll be ready to emerge as a shut down corner? That's pretty optimistic.

He should be fully recovered by September, but yeah, even if he was 100% healthy him coming into the league as a shutdown corner would be optimistic. There's no chance he's like that, but he could be really good in 2018

Bread

Banned
He should be fully recovered by September, but yeah, even if he was 100% healthy him coming into the league as a shutdown corner would be optimistic. There's no chance he's like that, but he could be really good in 2018
yeah i agree

Jabee laughed at me though. Very hurtful, wasn't event talking bad about the pick.
I've requested jabee's ban, its in the hands of the mods now

MechDX

Skip Bayless ✔ @RealSkipBayless
Texans score again stealing Zach Cunningham, linebacker from America's best university, Vanderbilt. Should've been mid first-rounder. Stud.
8:09 PM - 28 Apr 2017

Someone please tell Skip to shut the fuck up.

Hindl

I'll have to add people tomorrow. Might need to grab MK8D soon. After next week once I pay off this months credit card

MechDX

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/zach-cunningham?id=2558094

STRENGTHS Play-making machine. Plays on a downhill tilt and is always looking to draw first blood. Fast to see it, process and respond. Creates tackles for losses by shooting gaps at appropriate angles. Has a good feel for blockers and uses varied speeds and subtle upper body turns to avoid blockers on second level. Quick in his lateral scrape and races ahead of blockers. Keeps play-side shoulder uncovered when flowing to the ball. Football magnet with outstanding tackle production and ability to create and recover turnovers. Rangy long strider with instincts and play speed to carry him from sideline to sideline in search of the ball. Has extended tackle radius. Durable and reliable. Has the athleticism and awareness to handle man coverage responsibilities against running backs and tight ends. Quick to trigger on throws from zone and limit yards after catch.

Cunningham is like THE perfect compliment to Benardrick McKinney at ILB in the Texans defense. Now too worried about his issues because Vrabel has shown the man can coach linebackers. Ultimately Cushings replacement after this season but for this year?

Texans front 7: Watt, Reader, Clowney, Mercilus, McKinney, Cushing and Cunningham. When Cushing is let go the oldest person in that group will be Watt at 29

How often do teams go from missing the playoffs to winning the sb? Who ever wrote that is drunk.

00 Ravens
01 Pats
03 Pats
07 Giants were 8-8 in 06 (Lost in wc)
09 Saints
11 Giants (They went 10-6 in '10 but didn't get in

And as far as super bowl losers;

00 Giants
03 Panthers
08 Cardinals
10 Steelers
15 Panthers were 7-8-1
16 Falcons

So it happens once every three years or so for winners and losers. Not totally out of the question.

Happy Yeezy Drop Day Saturday!

NlN5L.gif

EDIT: Also

Adam Schefter‏Verified account
@AdamSchefter

Following
More
Panthers have drafted 3 offensive players in the 1st 2 rounds for the 1st time in their history.

Slo

The 7 TIME drug test champion! For all those who failed before me! For all those who failed with me! And for all those that will fail after me! HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS?!

MechDX

QB to QB: Deshaun Watson hears from Tom Savage

Shortly after the Texans took Deshaun Watson with the 12th overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Clemson Tiger heard from one of his new teammates.

”Tom Savage was actually the first guy that shot me a text afterwards," Watson said in a Friday press conference at NRG Stadium. "He said ‘Congratulations and welcome to Houston. Let's go to work.' He was excited for me to be there, to be able to join the QB room."

post-35374-nicolas-cage-fist-bump-gif-con-8qky.gif

The hell is up with those shoes though?

Mech, you haven't thanked me at all yet. We took Brock's contract, gave you our pick for Watson. The Cleve Brown have helped complete you, we've serviced the boy. Thank me

MechDX

It's nice that Weeden's backups have camaraderie

2-14 incoming! Both wins against the Colts. Narag still wont be mad

Mech, you haven't thanked me at all yet. We took Brock's contract, gave you our pick for Watson. The Cleve Brown have helped complete you, we've serviced the boy. Thank me

Going to send the rest of our picks to the Cleve today just to see Bill Polians head explode

Top Bottom