• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

So...I've come to a difficult decision, I'm at the point in my college courses that I can't take night classes anymore. Everything is in the morning and 4 days a week...so either my work will be flexible with my schedule or I'm going to have to leave my job and maybe find something part-time until I finish at least my bachelors. Or I could just get a degree in finance/accounting/economics but I've been working in finance for over 10 years and it's not for me.

Doomsayer

So...I've come to a difficult decision, I'm at the point in my college courses that I can't take night classes anymore. Everything is in the morning and 4 days a week...so either my work will be flexible with my schedule or I'm going to have to leave my job and maybe find something part-time until I finish at least my bachelors. Or I could just get a degree in finance/accounting/economics but I've been working in finance for over 10 years and it's not for me.

You have a choice over what you want to do with your life and in the future. Don't get stuck doing something just because it's convenient. If you don't like it, make the switch. It's going to be hard at first but ultimately in the end it will be 10000% more rewarding when you graduate and do something you want to do.

bionic77

How come you people didn't stop trump
I did my part. I bought a switch, I've voted for Hillary, and I donated money to the DNC .

I have been warning all of you about Trump and Brady for years. Not my fault but no one listens.

A better question is how could pats fans follow this team for over a decade and not know that they were full of racist shit bags ....

You have a choice over what you want to do with your life and in the future. Don't get stuck doing something just because it's convenient. If you don't like it, make the switch. It's going to be hard at first but ultimately in the end it will be 10000% more rewarding when you graduate and do something you want to do.

Yeah you're right, I've dedicated so much time and energy to getting this far I suppose I need to see it through,

Bread

Banned
fuck finance go do the thing you like

Nah, fuck that. You were right the first time. Go for the gold Chris, live your dreams.

Only 3 years?! I can handle that

animal-house-peeping-tom.png

Chris..

A man much wiser than you or I once said "there is nothing in this world that comes easy. There are a lot of people who aren't going to bother to win. ..."

You hate your job. Do you want to spend the next 30 years doing that? You've busted your ass with a telescope, doing math classes, all that shit. Get the degree that you really want and ask your job if you can go to part time. If they aren't cool with it, then find a new one. Money will obviously be tighter.. but you can find a way to make it work (selling your illicit booty shots, find a sugar mama, go ask your sister for help or something.. whatever the case)

Plus you know who else gets accounting degrees.. degenerates like Wienke and Bread.. you want to start cheering for the Celtics and start watching Sword Art Online? Is that what you want out of life?
I kid, I kid, Bread and Wienke.. you can help hide all our moneys. Well not mine because I'm a filthy poor.. but I digress

tl;dr Don't settle for a shitty job/degree that you hate just because it's easier instead of getting the one you want.

Chris..

A man much wiser than you or I once said "there is nothing in this world that comes easy. There are a lot of people who aren't going to bother to win. ..."

You hate your job. Do you want to spend the next 30 years doing that? You've busted your ass with a telescope, doing math classes, all that shit. Get the degree that you really want and ask your job if you can go to part time. If they aren't cool with it, then find a new one. Money will obviously be tighter.. but you can find a way to make it work (selling your illicit booty shots, find a sugar mama, go ask your sister for help or something.. whatever the case)

Plus you know who else gets accounting degrees.. degenerates like Wienke and Bread.. you want to start cheering for the Celtics and start watching Sword Art Online? Is that what you want out of life?
I kid, I kid, Bread and Wienke.. you can help hide all our moneys. Well not mine because I'm a filthy poor.. but I digress

tl;dr Don't settle for a shitty job/degree that you hate just because it's easier instead of getting the one you want.

Flo with sensible, reasonable, thoughtful advice?? ������

Who is this new flo!?

I'm seeing some gameplay of Everybody's Golf and I don't know you guys

Well now I know who not to invite to Golf with Greg and myself.

JABEE

Sgt Pepper

Edit: Chris, I'm facing the same kind of question. Doing a job I've grown to hate. I need to leave to figure out what I want in life. Our office is moving, and I'm preparing to give notice next week. I have money saved up. I don't know if I want to go back to school or not. I would like to write, but I have a business degree, and I don't know if I could make a living doing it.

Sgt Pepper

Edit: Chris, I'm facing the same kind of question. Doing a job I've grown to hate. I need to leave to figure out what I want in life. Our office is moving, and I'm preparing to give notice next week. I have money saved up. I don't know if I want to go back to school or not. I would like to write, but I have a business degree, and I don't know if I could make a living doing it.

Ah yeah writing for a living might be difficult to break into, I have money saved up, could probably go over a year without a job but obviously I wouldn't want to do that, as long as I can get a min monthly income I would be alright. I knew this was coming too just didn't realize it was coming up so quick.

Hindl

Pet sounds and smile are better than anything the Beatles made

Come at me!!!!
Woah there. There's a debate but Rubber Soul and Revolver stand up to smile and pet sounds. I can understand liking the beach boys output more but it's not clear cut

bionic77

Don't make a rash decision.

Everyone comes to a point in their life when they want to change shit up or go in a different direction. That might be the right decision but remember the grass is often greener on the other side and sometimes you don't know how good you got it until its gone.

There was a time when I was about to leave a lucrative job to go to D.C. to work for a democratic congressman for Gata bucks because I was about to change the world and shit. This was before I had kids, expensive purses and all that shit. While I was getting ready to tell my bosses to suck my dick and watch out for me on CNN the guy I was about to work for lost in a huge shock in the primaries. I dodged a bullet and eventually made a lateral move and I have been super happy since.

I am wiser and now realize this shit is just a paycheck. Don't assign too much importance to your job.

True happiness comes from the company you keep and the cartridges you put in that sexy ass Switch (rooftop compatible).

Changing it up might be the right thing but be careful. Bounce that shit off of a ruthless JCB whose opinion you trust.

bionic77

Pet sounds and smile are better than anything the Beatles made

Come at me!!!!
Something wrong with you people.

Speaking of music I think it is safe to say the Paranoid Android Radiohead album is a masterpiece. I put that on a few weeks ago and it is still the GOAT.

Hindl

Something wrong with you people.

Speaking of music I think it is safe to say the Paranoid Android Radiohead album is a masterpiece. I put that on a few weeks ago and it is still the GOAT.
I absolutely love the Beatles but the beach boys are fucking amazing. Best recognize greatness

Don't make a rash decision.

Everyone comes to a point in their life when they want to change shit up or go in a different direction. That might be the right decision but remember the grass is often greener on the other side and sometimes you don't know how good you got it until its gone.

There was a time when I was about to leave a lucrative job to go to D.C. to work for a democratic congressman for Gata bucks because I was about to change the world and shit. This was before I had kids, expensive purses and all that shit. While I was getting ready to tell my bosses to suck my dick and watch out for me on CNN the guy I was about to work for lost in a huge shock in the primaries. I dodged a bullet and eventually made a lateral move and I have been super happy since.

I am wiser and now realize this shit is just a paycheck. Don't assign too much importance to your job.

True happiness comes from the company you keep and the cartridges you put in that sexy ass Switch (rooftop compatible).

Changing it up might be the right thing but be careful. Bounce that shit off of a ruthless JCB whose opinion you trust.

Alright kids, it's story time.

So here's the thing, when I first went back to school I decided it was going to be for something I really loved (Astrophysics) and wanted to do, regardless of paycheck (tho I'd still get paid decent enough at least). I had gone to school twice before for two different things (Computer Science, Music) and I dropped out both times for various reasons that I won't get into here but one of those reasons was that while I enjoyed those things, I didn't know if that's what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.

In the mean time I was working in finance and gaining more and more experience, moving up the corporate latter to where I'm currently at, running a whole department and my bosses are the COO and CEO of the company. If I wanted too I could finish my degree in finance/accounting and go on to a bigger company earning even more money. But finance just isn't for me, I almost dread going to work sometimes because of how mind-numbingly boring it is.

Astronomy has always been my passion, the first book I ever bought was Stephen Hawking A brief history of time and I was 8 at the time. I do star gazing/charting and Astro-photography in my spare time because I love it, my original plan after highschool was joining the Airforce, becoming a fighter pilot and eventually working my way to NASA to try to become an Astronaut but when I was getting my physical to get ready for bootcamp they realized I needed glasses which they didn't allow corrective lenses for fighter pilots and I had a tiny hole in the back of my eye ball that when exposed to massive G-Forces (which I would...as a pilot/astronaut) might rupture and detach my retina. So that pretty much killed that plan and I spent a couple years after high-school trying to figure out what else I could do. (that's when the CS/Music parts came in)

So while leaving my cushy job might not be ideal, if I fail out or can't handle it anymore I've made more than enough contacts to get another job either at the same company or with one of the many vendors I work with, so if all else fails I'd have a back up plan. I've been planning for this for a few years but now that it's time to make that choice I'm having doubts I guess.

Hindl

I say go for it Chris. Worst case you have a fallback and it's your passion
I was not a huge fan of The Beach Boys but I respect their game.
Fair. You have to do a bit of digging beyond their hits to get why people love the beach boys, but I'd put Brian Wilson on the same level as either Lennon or McCartney individually. Obviously together they're on another level

bionic77

Whatever you do Chris hope you suceed at it and that it makes you happy.

Maybe one day you will take that Switch from the rooftop to outer space...

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Sgt Pepper

You should probably talk to AngmarsKing if you seriously want to write.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I also prefer the Beach Boys to the Beatles. The cool manager at my first college job was a huge mark for Wilson and helped get me into them.

Top Bottom