• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Official weigh in day..

I lost only a pound this week unfortunately..

I'm gonna have to revamp my exercise plan and try to up my cardio and possibly lift less to counteract muscle growth (?)

Watch yourself friend, JCBs are going to be universally ripped after ARMS comes out in a few weeks*

* arms only, we're skipping leg day
Leg day is important though

mWdGxCc.jpg

Don't talk to both my boys like that!

*moves floy below bg in browns ranking*
giphy.gif

Today is the biggest day in my professional career 🙏🏻
I BeCleve in you..

Thanks Floyd!

Also, I say still go hard on them muscles baby! The more muscle, the easier it is to lose weight quicker. Don't worry about the number on the scale too much, if you're doing the work and eating well, then it will come. Embrace the muscle development.

Official weigh in day..

I lost only a pound this week unfortunately..

I'm gonna have to revamp my exercise plan and try to up my cardio and possibly lift less to counteract muscle growth (?)

My dad went through the same thing when he was dropping from 350. One week he just straight up didn't lose any weight when he got around 280. Apparently it's normal for a lot of people, your body goes into a fat preservation mode because it's in shock of the weight loss and thinks you might be starving. The next week after he lost even more than normal even though he got upset and had a massive cheat meal that week. Don't change things up too drastically unless you think you can handle a better workout now imo, give it another week or two before getting too worried about the number not dropping.

bionic77

Embrace cardio though. Don't be one of those muscle heads who get gassed from a light jog.
You need cardio and strength training.

Cardio kind of sucks but you need it.

Throw in some yoga and now you got a workout stew going.

Fuck I wish I had time to workout more. Shits rough with kids and work.

As long as you're getting thinner, isn't weight loss secondary?
I've toned up a bit, but I still have a lot of weight

Thanks Floyd!

Also, I say still go hard on them muscles baby! The more muscle, the easier it is to lose weight quicker. Don't worry about the number on the scale too much, if you're doing the work and eating well, then it will come. Embrace the muscle development.
That is true.

Embrace cardio though. Don't be one of those muscle heads who get gassed from a light jog.
That is also true

My dad went through the same thing when he was dropping from 350. One week he just straight up didn't lose any weight when he got around 280. Apparently it's normal for a lot of people, your body goes into a fat preservation mode because it's in shock of the weight loss and thinks you might be starving. The next week after he lost even more than normal even though he got upset and had a massive cheat meal that week. Don't change things up too drastically unless you think you can handle a better workout now imo, give it another week or two before getting too worried about the number not dropping.
Pretty much. I think I'm just going to up my cardio a bit. I was able to 4.5 mph on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I think I'm going to try to make it to 45 minutes this week.

What's your current exercise plan consist of?
My current plan (assuming I'm with my youngest brother which I am most of the time so I don't do free weights since he's only in 7th grade and I would prefer not to have to rely on him getting the weight off me)

Bicep day
Row, pulldown, Preacher curl machines
30 minutes on the treadmill (4.0-4.5 miles per hour)
Back extension
Ab crunches
Abdominal press
I do deltoid and pec fly as well

Leg day
Leg press
Leg curl
Leg extension
Hip abduction
Hip adduction
Calf raises
Back extension
Ab crunches
Abdominal press

No cardio on leg days because I

Tricep
Tricep press,
tricep curl
tricep extension
Military press (fuck military press.. it's the devil. I have bad shoulders and this one hurts my shoulders)
Chest press
Back extension
Ab crunches
Abdominal press
30 minutes of cardio (4.0-4.5 miles on the treadmill)

All exercises I do 3 sets of 10 at high weight by and large unless I am getting burnt out too terribly and lower the weight

You need cardio and strength training.

Cardio kind of sucks but you need it.

Throw in some yoga and now you got a workout stew going.

Fuck I wish I had time to workout more. Shits rough with kids and work.
I don't think I can do Yoga.. planet fitness doesn't offer those Bionic to my knowledge.

Damnit Tiger

Goddamnit Tiger

I feel like the "its still real to me damnit" kid right now seeing this man's life fall aprt like this but still hoping that he'll ever turn it around.

:(

Fox318

He's never coming back guys.

I don't think people really appreciated how much Tiger opened up the game for people. When I was younger there were so many young kids who golfed simply because of tiger.

I remember going to the range and seeing kids from every ethnic group swinging clubs. Kids showing up in a phat farm tracksuit working on his chipping game. Really opened up a sport to people who were excluded because of race and social class.

Now I go on the range and I'm the youngest person by 30 years.

DMczaf

He's never coming back guys.

I don't think people really appreciated how much Tiger opened up the game for people. When I was younger there were so many young kids who golfed simply because of tiger.

I remember going to the range and seeing kids from every ethnic group swinging clubs. Kids showing up in a phat farm tracksuit working on his chipping game. Really opened up a sport to people who were excluded because of race and social class.

Now I go on the range and I'm the youngest person by 30 years.

Tiger's 30 for 30 is going to eat my soul alive

Fox318

Tiger's 30 for 30 is going to eat my soul alive

Dude was fucked up as a kid by his father and spent his whole life trying to prove something to him and used women as a means of coping with life.

The man has more money then I will ever see in my lifetime and I wouldn't want to swap places with him ever.

bionic77

There actually are a lot of hot women who play golf, but there are probably better uses of GIFs then of them swinging a club.

Trying to think if there is a sport that just looks good in motion...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This boy got his Switch delayed now, FFS Nintendo

I want to join the rooftops!

There's one former who shows up in pretty much every Switch thread bemoaning the fact that they cancelled their preorder. Not even sold it, cancelled it. Can't find it anywhere.

Our good friend Tall here is at least a step ahead of them, but a cautionary tale none the less.

Top Bottom