• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Why are you guys watching the CFL? It's awful. Can only take so much fuck it and chuck it. Got my fill wit Flacco last year.

The other options are baseball and the NBA draft...

e - I can't believe they just took a safety with 4:00 left in the first half. What the hell is this?

squicken

Aldon Smith in the top 10? lololololololol

I guess none of the guards that Justin Smith held had a vote

What part of "I'm taking a break" and "will be up by Friday" is not crystal clear?

Whatever. Saves me more work and I guess I'll put the rest in the 1st week's OP.

[IG]http://wagszilla.com/GAF/axl-is-a-baby.gif[/IMG]

-We hit 20k posts. Consider this a temporary thread

-tbc, I thought you we scuttling your thread to save it for Week 1

No I am and taking a break.

Worked on it for 4 hours last night and decided to use that material in the season opener.

rando14

Guys, the CFL is dope right?

i5HMao7JwuCg1.gif

squicken

So far we've had the road team sponsored by an online poker site, grocery raffles after timeouts, and the halftime extravaganza on top of the men's restroom.

Aldon Smith in the top 10? lololololololol

I guess none of the guards that Justin Smith held had a vote
So much salt. Aldon dominated teams all year long. He's a man among boys and he's only going to get better. Don't be mad that all the seahawks lineman are hurt or suspended.

Sorry about that, I fail at following who's who when I was still lurking.

No really, I do apologize, being called a seahawks fan would be really insulting I get it.

squicken

Look I approve of making fun of my team switching, and of making fun of the seahawks for cheating. but i have never and will never root for that team

Sorry about that, I fail at following who's who when I was still lurking.

No really, I do apologize, being called a seahawks fan would be really insulting I get it.

No worries. And I'm glad you can sympathize. Who wouldn't react strongly to falsely being called a seahwks fan?

JABEE

So much salt. Aldon dominated teams all year long. He's a man among boys and he's only going to get better. Don't be mad that all the seahawks lineman are hurt or suspended.

All the fire of FMT without the reputation to back it up. I like him though. He's fiery.

cdyhybrid

Remember when Aldon Smith had a total of one tackle and the Niners lost by 29 points? I remember that. That was the game where Russell Okung made a supposed man among boys look like a 5-year-old.

Remember when Aldon Smith had a total of one tackle and the Niners lost by 29 points? I remember that. That was the game where Russell Okung made a supposed man among boys look like a 5-year-old.

remember when wussle beat the falcons in the playoffs and led his team to the superbowl?

oh

WedgeX

Banned
No official word on Lions training camp dates. Sigh.

Lions roster updates pre-camp!
Free Agent Rookie

QB: Stafford
WR: Megatron, Burleson, Broyles, Young Sr., 17 other players who may not be felled by the Madden Curse
RB: Bush, Leshoure, Bell
TE: Pettigrew, Scheffler
RT: Cherilus, Hilliard, Fox
RG: Peterman, Warford, Nagy, Austin
C: Raola
LG: Sims
LT: Backus, Reiff

The Lions offensive line has a lot yet to be decided. Lots of rookies and as of yet untested development projects. Broyles returns from a second ACL injury. Someone on the roster, such as Patrick Edwards might step up. Or no one may step up, injuries will plague the wide receivers, and Megatron will be standing by his lonesome as usual.

DE: Avril, vandenBosch, Young, Jones, Ansah, Idonije, Lewis
DT: Suh, Fairley
MLB: Tulloch
OLB: Levy, Palmer, Whitehead, Lewis
CB: Houston, Slay, about 30 second year players and one random vet
FS: Delmas, Hope
SS: Quin

The Lions have added Jones and Idonije in the offseason, along with drafting Ansah, to shore up the ends where only one player who saw any playing time last year remains. Slay and Quin were added as free agents to assist an abysmal, oft-injured secondary. Hope was also added as insurance for Delmas, but I know nothing about him yet.

K: Hanson, Kickalicious, Akers
P: Harris, Clingan, Martin
LS: Muhlbach

Lots of changes in the Lions special teams. And who doesn't hope that a guy who has never played football before beats out Akers for a roster spot?

I almost had an internship with the lions a few years back when I was living in Saginaw, MI. They are kind of like my lovable, but dumb little brother. I would like for them to do well again.

Chris R

CFL is better than watching a Browns/Bengals game or something of a similar level that would air on NFL Network on Thursday.

CFL is better than watching a Browns/Bengals game or something of a similar level that would air on NFL Network on Thursday.

That's not saying much, though. Having this happen to you...

drill1krjhn.gif

...is better than watching anything Browns related.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Watching the CFL kinds cool seeing some of the players who haven't made it to the NFL yet that I know about like Noel Devine, and jeez one of the starting Qbs is 40.

The Cfl goal post is located here, wth?
cfl-fan-shows-off-some-field-goal-post-acrobatics_display_image.jpg

Canadian Football is not good. I don't know if it's the size of the field, but they look slow

the whole running to the line before the snap is such an annoying thing

:jnc that Montreal receiver looked scared of the ball. Gave up pick.

Why are you guys watching the CFL? It's awful. Can only take so much fuck it and chuck it. Got my fill wit Flacco last year.

The other options are baseball and the NBA draft...

e - I can't believe they just took a safety with 4:00 left in the first half. What the hell is this?

No it sucks

So far we've had the road team sponsored by an online poker site, grocery raffles after timeouts, and the halftime extravaganza on top of the men's restroom.

You fucking pieces of shit!!!

I hope all of you ingest an entire bag of dicks. How dare you insult my game!!!

I see y'all.

Nah, that's what happens when your team only shows up for one quarter. They would have lost to Alabama that day.

your coach didn't have you prepared, your QB couldn't handle the pressure and your shit talking CB got torched over and over again. welcome to your life, there's no turning back!

cdyhybrid

your coach didn't have you prepared, your QB couldn't handle the pressure and your shit talking CB got torched over and over again. welcome to your life, there's no turning back!

Russell threw for almost 400 yards, brah. He was not the problem. That loss is on Pete and Pete alone.

rando14

You fucking pieces of shit!!!

I hope all of you ingest an entire bag of dicks. How dare you insult my game!!!

I see y'all.

Hey kave since you're in a good mood you wanna play AC? we can help each other out and create legendary metropolises! :^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom