• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will probably be cheering for the Eagles the most this season. I was right in picking Flacco and the Ravens last season and everyone mocked me. I think Vick will take the Eagles to the promise land this season.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
you referenced his passing prowess. interceptions and fumbles are directly tied to that as those are the things that happen on a passing play for a QB

Are you saying he doesn't have passing prowess? The guys has thrown for 10,000 yards, 60+ TDs and 33 INTs at the age of 23 and 24 after taking over the worst team in NFL history.

He turns the ball over like any elite QB does from time to time, but he is up there with all the elite QBs in terms of statistics and how rarely he turns the ball over. And no, Kaep doesn't count as an elite QB. You need to have two season under your belt before you're considered elite.

Stafford is a special quarterback. They come along once every 3 drafts and just gave "it". The arm strength, release of ball, pocket presence, locker room leadership etc. His 2011 season at the age of 23 leading the Lions to the playoffs only 3 years after 0-16 says it all.

RBH

SelvieBullrushThomasHoF.gif

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Who's this #35? He's got some cutting skills. Looks elusive!

JABEE

Do people in here think Barkley is going to be a career backup? Did you guys ever think he could be something more? I'm hoping Flacco or Barkley are the answer.

Are you saying he doesn't have passing prowess? The guys has thrown for 10,000 yards, 60+ TDs and 33 INTs at the age of 23 and 24 after taking over the worst team in NFL history.

He turns the ball over like any elite QB does from time to time, but he is up there with all the elite QBs in terms of statistics and how rarely he turns the ball over. And no, Kaep doesn't count as an elite QB. You need to have two season under your belt before you're considered elite.

Stafford is a special quarterback. They come along once every 3 drafts and just gave "it". The arm strength, release of ball, pocket presence, locker room leadership etc. His 2011 season at the age of 23 leading the Lions to the playoffs only 3 years after 0-16 says it all.

i would consider erron, tammy and peypey elite. so go ahead and compare their turnovers to staffords, you won't like the result.

stafford isn't elite. he is a good QB with a good arm. you keep referencing empty statistics like yardage. why don't you tell me where stafford ranks in YPA? wouldn't that be a more telling statistic? i would say there are plenty of guy who could put the ball up 727 times a season and end up with 5000 yards. if kaepernick threw 727 times last season like stafford did he would have thrown for over 6,000 yards and shattered the NFL record.

i don't consider kap elite, but i would take him over stafford. i think stafford is a top 15 QB, but i'd have to think long and hard about putting him in the top 10. wins have to count for something at some point. you can blame it on all these other factors but the QB is the only guy touching the ball on every offensive play so your success or failure falls on his shoulders

Whoa :kas sighting in the middle of a Cowboys/Phins preseason game.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so glad Dion Jordan isn't in the PAC12 anymore.

Ugh, why did this have to be the first game. One team I hate, and the other I couldn't care less about. But its the first football game of the season, so I shall endure.

Spades

Jonas Gray looks pretty decent. With Miller, Gillislee and Gray, it doesn't look good for Thomas.

Also, why did we draft Dallas Thomas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom