• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Snaku

Banned
Just got back, did I miss anything...

0jWiY.gif
xcoVv.gif
0jWiY.gif

:D

t0mp

those dancing rats freak me the fuck out

i'm still pissed. i'm thinking giroux is concussed again.. this sport is becoming a second-tier sport with the lack of response from the "leaders" of the league and the officials.

hopefully there will be another lockout next year because this is just fucking bullshit.

and i'm agreeing with this nbcs panel right now. what is going on. fucking milbury is right???????

so much truth going on there! da fuck? they just nailed what's going on in the league.

florida/devils are at least PLAYING hockey.

those dancing rats freak me the fuck out

i'm still pissed. i'm thinking giroux is concussed again.. this sport is becoming a second-tier sport with the lack of response from the "leaders" of the league and the officials.

hopefully there will be another lockout next year because this is just fucking bullshit.

and i'm agreeing with this nbcs panel right now. what is going on. fucking milbury is right???????

Milbury changed his mind again?

Solo

Watched those clips. Throw Asham out of the league. Jesus. And Neal needs to sit for a bunch of games for multiple instances of head hunting.

t0mp

pretty interesting game now in florida.

I like all the panthers fans that showed up :p more guys in here the merrier.

gcubed

Hagelin suspended three games.
Wow he should of just grabbed his head and thrown him into the glass.

between Shanahan and the refs in all of these games, its freaking insane to try to figure out how the hell to play. You just need to be a popular player and you avoid a suspension... or just hope what you did didnt actually injure the person, since the scale is apparently sliding on whether the player was injured or not

Socreges

Banned
What have I said that was conspiracy related?

EDIT: What's funny is that you're accusing me of some sort of conspiracy mongering when I've been saying the Flyers were at fault too. What have I said that you actually disagree with?
Ok, had a nice big dinner and I feel good now. Doing "Sober Thoughts" early. I've been thinking about this game a lot and I've calmed down a little bit. But goddamn I cannot remember the last time a game got me so angry.

1.) Physicality- That game was ridiculously physical both in legal and illegal ways. Gotta love playoff hockey. Even with all the shit that happened that was a really great game in a lot of very important ways and I don't think that should be ignored. I really do think the Pens are more to blame for this one. I think they were way more chippy and were committing way more shit after the whistle. Overall both teams had some things to be embarrassed about but I have I don't feel dirty being a Flyers fan. I would be embarrassed to be a Pens fan right now.

2.) The Schenn/Asham incident- What Asham did was absolutely ridiculous. I expect him to get one game for it, but that's FAR from the thing that gets me most annoyed about the play. They called Schenn for a minor for the first hit. THEN WHY THE HELL DIDN'T THEY STOP THE PLAY WHEN VORACEK TOUCHED IT!!!!?!?!?!?!?! Basically They called a penalty on Schenn after Asham went full retard for no particular reason. If they REALLY wanted to call Schenn they could have stopped the play and we might have avoided a dangerous situation. Complete and utter bullshit.

3.) James Neal- This is pure emotion at this point. Marvie accused me of drinking a little too much today, but in reality it wasn't anywhere near as bad. Neal's hit on Couturier just infuriated me. What got me absolutely outraged is the lack of call for EITHER of Neal's absolutely bullshit plays. I've said a million times I really don't care about suspensions, and that's true. But the refs were complete jackasses today and Neal's hits were the conclusive evidence. Such complete bullshit. I expect Neal to get a game. Whatever. If the refs weren't busy sucking Bylsma's dick it wouldn't have been an issue. Watching Bylsma bitch after was fucking hysterical.

4.) Crosby- Watching him fight was hysterical. We can now conclude there are two possible scenarios that Crosby will backup his shit in: A. He has a 2 on 1 fight B. A ref is already defending him and breaking things up. Such a cowardly, pathetic player. I genuinely do hope the Flyers injure him. The shit pulled this game got to the point where I would fully understand if the Flyers lost respect for the Pens' well being next game. Why try and not injure the other guys when the refs are gonna protect their guys from injury but not ours. See: Breaking up Crosby fights, but not blowing the Schenn and Couturier plays dead. Fuck the Pittsburgh Bettmans.

O cuz the Pens didn't reach that point today....? Give me a fucking break. The Flyers didn't have ONE hit that rivaled Asham or Neal today. They played controlled considering the circumstances and they're the ones who are going to suffer for it. Complete bullshit.

EDIT: And again, the way the refs protected Pens players and risked Flyer safety just pissed me off. The Schenn penalty is such a fucking amazing example it's unreal.
Disclaimer: I agree that the refs fucked up. I disagree that there was some concerted effort by the refs to protect Penguins players and overlook what happened to the Flyers.

Anyway, was just having a laugh at your expense. You have every right to be angry at the refs. I just thought it came across a bit funny.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Let the Corey Schneider era begin(if we win)

It's kinda sad, because if they DO win, everyone will be like "BOOHOO IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF SCHNEIDER SCHNEIDER IS SO MUCH BETTER LUONGO SUCKS" when the last 2 losses had absolutely nothing to do with him. I wonder what AV is gonna do if they win tonight. Leave Schneider in, indirectly confirming that they DID win because of the Luongo-Schneider change, or go back to Luongo, thus making the statement that the rest of the team finally got better? I kinda hope he puts Luongo back in IF we win tonight, but then there will be a LOT of pressure on the Canucks to prove Luongo isn't the reason the game after...

God sometimes I wish we only had 1 great goalie. firstworldproblems.jpg

t0mp

Cooke deserves the masterson solely on him being invisible in a game like we had today.

yeah but he's a total non-factor. sure he had a career year, but he's also not playing on the 4th line and being a goon. he at least was a threat when he was a goon/dirty player. now he doesn't do anything.

plus I think if he plays the game he's used to (gooning it up) crosby and neal wouldn't have been being annoying fucks which takes away from their game (neal more so at the end)

Socreges

Banned
It's kinda sad, because if they DO win, everyone will be like "BOOHOO IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF SCHNEIDER SCHNEIDER IS SO MUCH BETTER LUONGO SUCKS" when the last 2 losses had absolutely nothing to do with him. I wonder what AV is gonna do if they win tonight. Leave Schneider in, indirectly confirming that they DID win because of the Luongo-Schneider change, or go back to Luongo, thus making the statement that the rest of the team finally got better? I kinda hope he puts Luongo back in IF we win tonight, but then there will be a LOT of pressure on the Canucks to prove Luongo isn't the reason the game after...

God sometimes I wish we only had 1 great goalie. firstworldproblems.jpg
Leave the hyperbole for TSN. Luongo has far more fans than detractors. The detractors are just louder sometimes.

Top Bottom