• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Sadly all of the rest of these series are more entertaining than the Detroit vs Nashville one. :/

Or at least are more entertaining than watching Detroit suck it up.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Vancouver with 6 penalties again already, fuck, this is gonna come bite them again.

Kobe's at the Staple Center?

So he saw the Kesler dive....

0WPiu.gif

MacAttack

I'm cheering for the Kings, they're my "West team". And in lieu of the Hurricanes not making it, I'm cheering for them all the way
Doesn't count if it's your second team or you're just rooting against the Canucks. I need the pulse of actual fans of the team even if their just bandwagoners. It seems wierd that a huge market like LA would be so devoid of fans (even in a small sample size like Sports GAF). The team is pretty good and has some decent star power.

Spl1nter

Doesn't count if it's your second team or you're just rooting against the Canucks. I need the pulse of actual fans of the team even if their just bandwagoners. It seems wierd that a huge market like LA would be so devoid of fans (even in a small sample size like Sports GAF). The team is pretty good and has some decent star power.

How can people not be a fan of Mike Richards?

I think the Kings are like the third most popular team out of 4 to play out of the Staples Center.

LAers just don't really care too much about hockey.

Quick

Banned

I'm thinking that they're overshadowed by Kobe and the Lakers and Beckham and the Galaxy, though I don't know how popular MLS games actually are in LA (I do notice a full stadium when watching highlights on occasion).

Kings don't have a central figure like Kobe and Beckham, and considering how boring NHL players are in the face of the media vs. the other leagues, it's kind of difficult to identify one individual who isn't talking like a wooden board. That's my take, at least.

MacAttack

I don't post here too often but I'm a Kings fan.
Cheers, bizarro vatstep!

How can people not be a fan of Mike Richards?
He's one of those guys that fans hate him until he's on your team.

I think the Kings are like the third most popular team out of 4 to play out of the Staples Center.

LAers just don't really care too much about hockey.
That's a good point but you'd think the bandwagon would be gaining momentum after 2 big wins vs Vancouver.

Top Bottom