• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 17 EASHL (PS4) | DISALLOWED GOAL SCORERS

13thStep

On a non NHL related note: Just pre-ordered a switch bundle that includes Zelda and a pro controller! Thanks for letting me know about those websites that track when stock is in and stuff Vis/Stat (whichever of you guys it was)

On a non NHL related note: Just pre-ordered a switch bundle that includes Zelda and a pro controller! Thanks for letting me know about those websites that track when stock is in and stuff Vis/Stat (whichever of you guys it was)

Welcome to the club, hopefully we can play some Switch multiplayer next year in between your games of NHL18 on your new club thats not this one...

Delryk

you need to lay off the green koolaid if you honestly believe that

doode that extra pixel per 2'' on my screen will do wonders!

NHL is the worse fucking game for supersampling so of course i'm fucking trolling

my green koolaid is better than yer blue koolaid! ROFL

edit; you know i'll double dip for you guys - i can afford it... its just i won't buy anything else 'cept exclusives... i'm already butthurt with Wildlands getting a huge 4k update.. might have to really double dip once i get the console

doode that extra pixel per 2'' on my screen will do wonders!

NHL is the worse fucking game for supersampling so of course i'm fucking trolling

my green koolaid is better than yer blue koolaid! ROFL

edit; you know i'll double dip for you guys - i can afford it... its just i won't buy anything else 'cept exclusives... i'm already butthurt with Wildlands getting a huge 4k update.. might have to really double dip once i get the console

Xbox One "exclusives"
giphy.gif

Delryk

Xbox One "exclusives"
giphy.gif

they are learning just like the hardware.. lol.. supposedly there's 3-4 new IPs in the next 2-3 years going.. lets hope it's true

DM5DaNL.png

seriously, I had my doubts before Spencer, but since he's there, I have faith and shit takes time. I'm in a business where things takes 2-3 years to develop and produce to the public so I know you can't just turn around and pick and choose what you want cuz that's when you get slashed even more. Now that that's over with, Phil will go all out on games. Can't wait next E3 really.

13thStep

could be hardware, could be software, could be sports... who knows.. ;)

Your original post made me think it might be hardware or software (I came from a software company myself before moving to Florida), but I know damn well you really are in a management position for a sports team. Probably NHL because you are Candian ;)

Delryk = Phil Spencer confirmed

Phil, stop wearing the fucking jacket with a t-shirt under it at every E3, everyone else noticed it looks stupid and or at least wear a cooler t-shirt than one that says "Player (1)", that shit was hella lame my guy...

Phil-Spencer.jpg

Delryk

Delryk = Phil Spencer confirmed

Phil, stop wearing the fucking jacket with a t-shirt under it at every E3, everyone else noticed it looks stupid and or at least wear a cooler t-shirt than one that says "Player (1)", that shit was hella lame my guy...

Also, last year it was a Rare t-shirt.. hella cool cuz that Rare Replay game collection is HELLA FUCKING COOL

Also #2, i guess GAF didn't count this super classy look
Microsoft-Phil-Spencer.jpg

13thStep

I know it really doesn't matter at this point since NHL 17 is almost over. I looked where we were after last night's games and we were ranked 298, which I feel is pretty damn good.

Yes, I know you guys were top 100 earlier this year. Yes, I know we are a casual team.

I'm still impressed! Go us!

I know it really doesn't matter at this point since NHL 17 is almost over. I looked where we were after last night's games and we were ranked 298, which I feel is pretty damn good.

Yes, I know you guys were top 100 earlier this year. Yes, I know we are a casual team.

I'm still impressed! Go us!

Yea i was looking at the leaderboard too last night and what jumped out to me was the #1 team is like 900-12-1 or something ridiculous like that.

Weve had a good year but honestly I think our competition is pretty shit overall. I think a lot of the best players play 6s and we never see them. No disrespect to Stat and his goal scoring prowess but we dont have a single great player on the club and we still win pretty consistently.

Our team defense I think really has carried us all year, for all the people who have come and gone we havent had a single weak link who wasnt/isnt a good defender. We forecheck pretty well and cause turnovers, the neutral zone is gridlocked for most of the game where teams usually cant skate it in cleanly, the forwards cover the defensemen pinching as second nature most of the time without needing to verbally call it out and we are hard to break down in the defensive zone and get great scoring chance on.

Stat!

Yea i was looking at the leaderboard too last night and what jumped out to me was the #1 team is like 900-12-1 or something ridiculous like that.

Weve had a good year but honestly I think our competition is pretty shit overall. I think a lot of the best players play 6s and we never see them. No disrespect to Stat and his goal scoring prowess but we dont have a single great player on the club and we still win pretty consistently.

Our team defense I think really has carried us all year, for all the people who have come and gone we havent had a single weak link who wasnt/isnt a good defender. We forecheck pretty well and cause turnovers, the neutral zone is gridlocked for most of the game where teams usually cant skate it in cleanly, the forwards cover the defensemen pinching as second nature most of the time without needing to verbally call it out and we are hard to break down in the defensive zone and get great scoring chance on.

I think I'm pretty great :( I have a great PPG and have a healthy more than a goal per game average.

I do think we have good team defense though. But I would agree that competition has been pretty bad. We've run into maybe 10 teams that I could say were demonstrably better than us.

I think I'm pretty great :( I have a great PPG and have a healthy more than a goal per game average.

This isnt real hockey so those numbers relative to what others do in this game arent as impressive. You have obvious holes in your game like all of us. No one can question you can shoot and score much better than all of us though.

Stat!

This isnt real hockey so those numbers relative to what others do in this game arent as impressive. You have obvious holes in your game like all of us. No one can question you can shoot and score much better than all of us though.

As the captain of this team...

I think we are pretty good. Can we be better? Absolutely. But I think we're good for where we are. Lets be positive...

13thStep

As the captain of this team...

I think we are pretty good. Can we be better? Absolutely. But I think we're good for where we are. Lets be positive...

We aren't the top team for sure, but we are very good IMHO. What makes it even better is the game is fun (when we win lol) and we all get a long. It's not just a bunch of people playing together.

Like when in WoW, when I would take a random guild invite, raiding was like a job b/c everyone was basically a stranger or whatever and didn't talk, fuck around and stuff like that.

And if to be a top team we have to get all serious and make it like a job, then we fail.

Delryk

We aren't the top team for sure, but we are very good IMHO. What makes it even better is the game is fun (when we win lol) and we all get a long. It's not just a bunch of people playing together.

Like when in WoW, when I would take a random guild invite, raiding was like a job b/c everyone was basically a stranger or whatever and didn't talk, fuck around and stuff like that.

And if to be a top team we have to get all serious and make it like a job, then we fail.

In MMOs i was always the guy going "LEEEERRRROOOYYYYYY" cuz i got bored and impatient with the useless strats

Delryk

Happy fathers day Delryk

NHL Tonight where we call Delryk Daddy or just NHL without the weird stuff?

why thank you.. Twas a pretty wicked weekend considering the weird ass weather and tornado warnings

new 24x14 patio with a pretty nice gazebo setup and all at home... I hadn't touched the outside of my main house since we got it built 4 years ago ('cept for a little shed).. And yes, I built it with help of my father in law and cousins.. I'm not rich enough to hire and build for me.. LOL

getting a portable projector so I can play outside... only X1 has the tech to stream play games so no PS4/NHL17 outside -- unless it does and i have no knowledge of :(

Top Bottom