• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 17 EASHL (PS4) | DISALLOWED GOAL SCORERS

Stat!

The Beast himself, Charles, had 4 goals in 2 games last nite. Hat trick in the first game

The Hat-trick was hilarious since it was 4 on 4 with you in the box and when Charles scored, you came out of the box to celebrate and then went back into the box.

another hot week at work... maybe Thursday night will be possible for me

i might actually be able tonight if not too late

I'll be on at like 10 tonight if at all. Tomorrow I'll be on though

13thStep

I'll be around tonite like 730, maybe a little before. If you don't see me on, shoot me a message through PSN and i'll respond.

Stat!

It's just temp. money is worth it. ahah.

I'll invite you in my cold country where I have a indoor swimming pool at the cottage. ;)

I know. This is why I cant believe you still haven't told me what you do for a living because I want to know and I want you to invite me up there.

13thStep

Wait, Delryk is loaded? I will be your agent. Better yet, I will be your advocate!!! Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Mercy Severity...

Delryk

Lol... well the cottage is not 100% mine.. more like 50%... until someone dies.. buahaha!.. rofl

But ya.. i dont want to publish pics publicly but if someone really wants to see ill figure something out like a private one drive link or something lol.

Its not necessarily rich looking but lets just say the setup is amazing for entertainment (excluding the fucking internet - that i cant personally fix unless i give Bell 20k to dig and pass thru new wires). Inside pool, spa, pool table under solarium setting, boating/fishing just in front of house, huge ass campfire setting for 20peeps easy, giant trampoline lol.. inside is just a normal 2000sqft house..

Heck we have our own commercial pop can machine..we make it spew out more beers than anything else tho. Ahah

Stat!

Oh don't post pics. Just take me there. Fuck the other guys.

Inside pool, spa, pool table under solarium setting, boating/fishing just in front of house, huge ass campfire setting for 20peeps easy, giant trampoline lol.. inside is just a normal 2000sqft house..

Yeah, you know those normal 2000 soft houses that have an inside pool and spa with a kick ass pool table lol :p

Im about to eat dinner but I can jump on probably like 7:30 and on.

Stat!

Some great comeback games last night and a gutsy win too. Wish I saved some of those replays so I could eventually never upload them. Solid D delryk and some really good calls for the puck Mercy. You are really nailing that one timer.

Games today/tonight?

13thStep

Some great comeback games last night and a gutsy win too. Wish I saved some of those replays so I could eventually never upload them. Solid D delryk and some really good calls for the puck Mercy. You are really nailing that one timer.

Games today/tonight?

I have work til 8pm tonite. I will be available to play probably around 830 if you or anyone else is around at that time.

Stat!

That teaser! Chewing mouthguard in EASHL?

Also, if Leafs are on the cover Im getting the limited edition and regular edition

Delryk

Man that teaser just made me jizz all over my pants...

Of course its cuz its marner.. not cuz its EA renovating the game.

I'm just happy they showed anything. After our discussions the last week or so, it felt like maybe there would be no nhl 18

If u thought EA would pass up a chance to collect their money from the same people that buy this every year by simply shitting out a new game with very little new features or innovation you are too naive my dude.

this game is going to continue to be samey until they go to frostbite and im not sure we will see much marked improvement even then.

EA stopped investing in this series years ago and I dont see a reason they are going to spend more money. The best we can hope for is Rammer and those making creative decisions move on and someone else is able to pitch a different direction.

13thStep

If u thought EA would pass up a chance to collect their money from the same people that buy this every year by simply shitting out a new game with very little new features or innovation you are too naive my dude.

this game is going to continue to be samey until they go to frostbite and im not sure we will see much marked improvement even then.

EA stopped investing in this series years ago and I dont see a reason they are going to spend more money. The best we can hope for is Rammer and those making creative decisions move on and someone else is able to pitch a different direction.

This is only my 2nd year playing EASHL and really the only mode I give a damn about. What feature or improvement to that mode would you like to see? (Just curious and bored at work)

Stat!

This is only my 2nd year playing EASHL and really the only mode I give a damn about. What feature or improvement to that mode would you like to see? (Just curious and bored at work)

Just to EASHL: The AI needs to be fixed. Thats the big one. Faster menus would be great too.

Other than that, everything else is a nice to and not a need to. Like the create-a-play feature from last gen.

I think the mode itself is implemented well, my gripes are with the lack of innovation to gameplay and reluctance to move closer towards a better representation of the sport like all of the other major sports franchises have been doing for the past 5 years or so.

As far as EASHL id like to see the following changes:

-full player stat tracking with commentary callouts. I want to know if I just broke my personal or team record for goals in a game and stuff like that. There is no recognition for huge accomplishments other than the few milestones 500, 1000 goals. Expand on fhis. You dont even need cutscenes, a dozen new commentary lines and visual overlays would do the trick.

-stat tracking for club matchups. Show our all-time record against the club before the game loads and highlight team stats that standout to give clubs personality. Imagine if we played a game today in June against another club and knew our all-time series was tied 5-5. It would give you a rivalry history and a little more incentive to play. Anything to add personality to clubs. What if it mentioned they have a 30% powerplay conversion percentage at the beginning of the game? You might adjust your aggressiveness to stay out of the box. All these interesting stats are already tracked on the leaderboard screen, how about showing this info off?

-Bring back EASHL practice mode with most of the features from the singleplayer practice mode thats in the game. This was a feature from last gen that was never added back in.

-Show the scoreboard in the lobby if your club has a game in progress. This seems like a pretty reasonable request. With the technology available we should be able to jump in and spectate something like this at this point but ill settle for a simple scoreboard with time remaining and goal scorers like FIFA has in its Pro Club Mode. Share your technology with each other EA Sports dev teams!

-Allow us to name our clubs CPU players and customize their appearance. EA used to at least randomize the names of them now we have the same boring 10-15 names every game. This would add some creativity and personality to clubs in most cases and could be completely optional.

13thStep

I think the mode itself is implemented well, my gripes are with the lack of innovation to gameplay and reluctance to move closer towards a better representation of the sport like all of the other major sports franchises have been doing for the past 5 years or so.

-full player stat tracking with commentary callouts. I want to know if I just broke my personal or team record for goals in a game and stuff like that. There is no recognition for huge accomplishments other than the few milestones 500, 1000 goals. Expand on fhis. You dont even need cutscenes, a dozen new commentary lines and visual overlays would do the trick.

-stat tracking for club matchups. Show our all-time record against the club before the game loads and highlight team stats that standout to give clubs personality. Imagine if we played a game today in June against another club and knew our all-time series was tied 5-5. It would give you a rivalry history and a little more incentive to play. Anything to add personality to clubs. What if it mentioned they have a 30% powerplay conversion percentage at the beginning of the game? You might adjust your aggressiveness to stay out of the box. All these interesting stats are already tracked on the leaderboard screen, how about showing this info off?

-Bring back EASHL practice mode with most of the features from the singleplayer practice mode thats in the game. This was a feature from last gen that was never added back in.

-Show the scoreboard in the lobby if your club has a game in progress. This seems like a pretty reasonable request. With the technology available we should be able to jump in and spectate something like this at this point but ill settle for a simple scoreboard with time remaining and goal scorers like FIFA has in its Pro Club Mode. Share your technology with each other EA Sports dev teams!

-Allow us to name our clubs CPU players and customize their appearance. EA used to at least randomize the names of them now we have the same boring 10-15 names every game. This would add some creativity and personality to clubs in most cases and could be completely optional.

Wow, I can't believe how much I want those now that you mentioned them! The all time record thing would be pretty awesome!

Stat!

Completely agree. Would love to see more records kept both personally and team wide. Like maybe our most shots in a game or most penalties or fastest goal in a period.

Only one I'd be nervous about is showing previous match ups and having people leave because they've lost once before

Top Bottom