• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2017 |OT| The Previous Thread is in the Hall of Fame

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Maple Leafs @ Capitals
Blue Jackets @ Penguins
Rangers @ Canadiens
Bruins @ Senators

Predators @ Blackhawks
Blues @ Wild
Flames @ Ducks
Sharks @ Oilers

All done here.

iLLmAtlc

Ducks vs Flames has plenty of heat. Rematch, and that kneeing incident last week. Not the battle of Alberta but probably still gonna be intense

That would actually be great. Was hoping for a battle of Alberta.

We'll pick first overall for the first time in franchise history only for him to be a complete and utter bust.
Canucks hockey.

Your problem remains as long as you're stuck with the sedin twins.

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but anyone else think best of 7 is overkill? I mean why the hell do you have to win 4 fucking times. Best of 3 or even 5 makes way more sense.

BTails

Alright, Flames... you gotta win in the Ponda Centre. I need to drink Calamari's salty tears when we advance to round 2 against all odds.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Alright, Flames... you gotta win in the Ponda Centre. I need to drink Calamari's salty tears when we advance to round 2 against all odds.

All I want is for everyone to be safe and have a great time out there. I've got a cooler full of Capri Sun and orange slices for both teams after the series is over.

Pool party at Smack's house when we're done.

ShaneB

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but anyone else think best of 7 is overkill? I mean why the hell do you have to win 4 fucking times. Best of 3 or even 5 makes way more sense.

Not really an unpopular opinion when the ratings for hockey in the US suck. So it's just more games for people to not watch.

I mean hockey in June is nonsense. it's blasphemy to think of getting rid of that great game 7 magic... but what is that magic except one game to decide it all? March Madness is madness because it's one game, obviously the NFL is an entirely different beast having one game, etc etc. MLB wildcard games, etc.. People can't help but love knowing one game is going to decide who moves on.

But the Stanley Cup is the greatest trophy in sports, and should remain hard as hell to win.

This talk reminds me of that TSN baseball lad who recently wrote to Manfred and told him to reduce the strike/ball count by one.

My vibe: Cut the pre-season in half and start the league 2 weeks earlier.

Marvie_3

Banned
Ticket/ad revenue is a big reason why.

Not really an unpopular opinion when the ratings for hockey in the US suck. So it's just more games for people to not watch.

I mean hockey in June is nonsense. it's blasphemy to think of getting rid of that great game 7 magic... but what is that magic except one game to decide it all? March Madness is madness because it's one game, obviously the NFL is an entirely different beast having one game, etc etc. MLB wildcard games, etc.. People can't help but love knowing one game is going to decide who moves on.
Both of those sports suck shit though.

MLB wild card is awful too.

BTails

All I want is for everyone to be safe and have a great time out there. I've got a cooler full of Capri Sun and orange slices for both teams after the series is over.

Pool party at Smack's house when we're done.

I'll bring Sunny D and some granola bars. Best of luck to both teams, though Go Flames Go!

I'll be at Game 3, so if you could win that one, it'd be great, thanks

Top Bottom