• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

oh em gee!! Persona 4 for PS2 next year!

Avalon

Kyoufu said:
This news is perfect testament as to why Japan is failing. They'll be stuck on PS2 hardware for another 10 years.

These guys don't go down the beaten path you know, even if they are working on 10 year old hardware.

Good news... but it seems a little to fast to release another Persona game.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Kyoufu said:
Gee I don't know, maybe improvement in the gameplay formula? How long will you play FF and DQ remakes on your DS?

Give me FFXIII next-gen semen goodness.

Not seeing it.

Mamesj

Banned
Kyoufu said:
Gee I don't know, maybe improvement in the gameplay formula? How long will you play FF and DQ remakes on your DS?

moar liek "improvement in the CG trailer formula" am i rite?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I have a PS2, I love Persona, I'm happy. As a matter of fact, I can't really bring myself to care about about how last, current or next-gen feels about this...

kay said:
a troll appears
6pk6bh5.gif

jarrod

Banned
Pureauthor said:
Perhaps you're thinking of the mainline Shin Megami Tensei series?
Wasn't that either really, just a SMT game. We don't know if it's the main series, a spinoff series or something else entirely new....

Speaking of Megaten vaporware, what ever happened to SMT DS and Persona PSP? :lol

Avalon

jarrod said:
Wasn't that either really, just a SMT game. We don't know if it's the main series, a spinoff series or something else entirely new....

Speaking of Megaten vaporware, what ever happened to SMT DS and Persona PSP? :lol

I don't think either ever actually existed.

duckroll

Avalon said:

I dunno, we already had 1 expansion, 2 cellphone games (prequel and gaiden) and an upcoming anime sequel. A proper game sequel seems almost overdue! Compilation of Persona COME TO US! :lol :lol

Can you feel the milk dripping over the table yet?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Avalon said:
Thinking about it, they've had more time than you may realize. FES probably didn't need that big a team to work on, and work on a sequel probably was already underway at the same time. That gives them another year at least of development right there.

Mamesj

Banned
It's not too soon for Japan and if this is true, which it probably isn't, the U.S. won't see this game until like 2009 anyway.

Avalon

XiaNaphryz said:
Thinking about it, they've had more time than you may realize. FES probably didn't need that big a team to work on, and work on a sequel probably was already underway at the same time. That gives them another year at least of development right there.

It's still too soon. These guys have always taken their time with the SMT series (4-10 years between games).

Yasser

Steroyd said:
Did Persona 3 launch in Europe?

*crickets*
i think ghostlight are bringing it over early next year. if you haven't played it yet though you really owe it to yourself to import it, it'll be a shorter wait for FES too

duckroll

Avalon said:
It's still too soon. These guys have always taken their time with the SMT series (4-10 years between games).

Money doesn't wait for no man. GOTTA MILK IT WHILE IT'S WORTH $! :D

tehbear

Kyoufu said:
You wouldn't say that if you were given a taste of HD roleplaying.

Right now, my plate is empty.

See you need a BIG title to bring everyone onboard. Persona 4 could not be this trailblazer. Wait for WKS, minds will be blown. But for now they are easily satiated by the SD.

Who am I kidding, HD RPG is dead, guess ES/LO didn't do it for ppl

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Yasser said:
i think ghostlight are bringing it over early next year. if you haven't played it yet though you really owe it to yourself to import it, it'll be a shorter wait for FES too
Koei are.

Yasser said:

It is KOEI (for UK at least), who also brought Devil Summoner. Ghostlight did DDS series and Nocturne (Lucifer's Call here).

Jan/Feb 2008 time frame but so far nothing official. Only had to rely on Amazon.

Fuu

duckroll said:
I dunno, we already had 1 expansion, 2 cellphone games (prequel and gaiden) and an upcoming anime sequel. A proper game sequel seems almost overdue! Compilation of Persona COME TO US! :lol :lol

Can you feel the milk dripping over the table yet?
I know about the prequel but what is gaiden about?

duckroll

Alaluef said:
I know about the prequel but what is gaiden about?

It's a side story that takes place while they're on vacation on the island resort. There's another dungeon that appears which is a Maze of Dreams or something, similar to Tartaros.

Fuu

duckroll said:
It's a side story that takes place while they're on vacation on the island resort. There's another dungeon that appears which is a Maze of Dreams or something, similar to Tartaros.
I see, thanks.

birdchili

Kyoufu said:

of course... aside from some vague comments about battles flowing freely between indoor and outdoor environments, do we actually know *anything* about the gameplay of xiii? it looks more like a return to atb than what was going on in xii, so i'm not sure how "next gen gameplay" we can consider it yet.

tehbear said:
Who am I kidding, HD RPG is dead, guess ES/LO didn't do it for ppl
given the success of handheld jrpgs... i think people are looking for a bit more than what next-gen has offered so far on the jrpg front.

i'll keep buying quality ps2 rpgs - i've got no problem with that.

B.K.

I hope they don't release an expanded version of it a few months after it's released. I still haven't gotten Persona 3 because I'm waiting on Fes. I don't want to buy the game twice.

mollipen

If we're going to keep P4 in that realm of technology, put it on the PSP. Otherwise, put this baby on PS3, not PS2. I'm already dreading going back through FES on my HDTV, I really don't want to think about playing a whole new Persona that way.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Avalon said:
Not all the SMT games had that long a wait in-between...weren't the DDS titles only a year apart?

Also, given the timeframe, they're likely reusing one of their past engines for P4 (whether it be the P3/FES one, DS: RK vs SA, DDS 2, or whatever), I'm sure that cuts at least a year or two on engine/tools development.

ram

Kyoufu said:
Wow so greedy, you guys just got Valkyrie Profile 2!

right, but the wait is way too long - i mean, right now, its hard going back to playing ps2 games, when you can play ps3 games. and when they release persona 3 (maybe) in mid 2008 here, i will surely not giving any shit about the game anymore.

and yes, these games are meant for hardcore gamers. no causual will care about them.

this is good news I suppose...but I mean for god's sake. Persona 3 was 400 hours long and plenty fun but its time for another SMT. Devil Summoner..Digital Devil Saga..fucking hell.

SMT 4 PS3 am need NOW!!

seriously, at this point? FUCK persona lol

Top Bottom