• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OlliOlli 2 |OT| All it costs is your Dualshock 4

Pappasman

Is anyone else having problems doing reverts on Vita? Its really inconsistent for some reason.
Edit: nevermind, my timing was wrong. I got it now.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Well , that was unexpected for me
I will definitely try it out now , first time to start my Vita after months

Is it Cross Buy or do I have to play it over the PS4?

Cross buy and cross save.

tumblr_nkpwc0WmWQ1rycupyo1_540.jpg

Completed all the challenges in one run, I was in a zone.

Yudoken

How's the Vita version?
I'm honestly want to buy it because I enjoyed it on the Vita I look forward to the pc version (which hopefully will be announce soon) so I can play 4p splitscreen and with a DS3 on my TV with good sound.
It's not about the 10€, it's about I wouldn't play it again on two platforms.

Renpatsu

How's the Vita version?
I'm honestly want to buy it because I enjoyed it on the Vita I look forward to the pc version (which hopefully will be announce soon) so I can play 4p splitscreen and with a DS3 on my TV with good sound.
It's not about the 10€, it's about I wouldn't play it again on two platforms.
Come on, do you really have to ask?

It's awesome on Vita. Roll7 have really upped their polish for the sequel.

Yudoken

I feel some input lag in the PS4. Am I imagining it?

HDMI, wireless controller and TV response time will always be worse than on the Vita but normally you shouldn't make the game that much worse so you notice it negatively.
What tv do you have and did you set it on "gaming" mode?
Most tv's (like my Samsung tv) have an option to enable gaming/pc mode which reduces latency and it's a must for games.
My friends 3d LG tv (which is about 3 years newer than my 2009 tv) doesn't have a gaming mode which reduces latency which is really terrible and is annoying as hell.

Heel

Finished up the amateur career and spots! So fun.

Getting the hang of revert manuals and adding spins in between platforms. Going to go back and score attack now, haha.

Pappasman

I think the only thing I would change would be to add replays on the leaderboards. I'd really like to see some of the top scoring runs.

tumblr_nkpwc0WmWQ1rycupyo1_540.jpg

Completed all the challenges in one run, I was in a zone.

Real slick. I had this happen once for me and the feeling is incredible. Everything just clicks for a particular run; after that happened, I can't stop playing and jamming out to the tracks.

I think the only thing I would change would be to add replays on the leaderboards. I'd really like to see some of the top scoring runs.

Seriously, my kingdom for this. I'm still pretty new and rough at this so I'm baffled by how some people skill out these high scores for the dailies.

Renpatsu

Hmn, are the PS4 / Vita leaderboards separate?

Edit: I only ask because I'd love to fill out my friend leaderboards some more. Add me folks!

Also a tip from the first game that I had trouble with - not sure if it applies to this one

If you are having trouble with doing flips out of a grind and just ollieing every time - it's because when you get to the end of a rail your board auto-ollies out. You need to start the flip before you reach the end of the trail/ledge

Took me ages to figure that out
This was driving me nuts. Thank you!

Anyone have tips for landing with a manual? It seems like its pure luck if it lets me do it or not. Its almost putting me off playing the game because it disrupts my entire combo.

Once you nail the basics (and stop pressing X to jump like an idiot) this game great. Going to take a while before the controls feel completely natural though.

Anyone have tips for landing with a manual? It seems like its pure luck if it lets me do it or not. Its almost putting me off playing the game because it disrupts my entire combo.

Don't press left or right on the stick too early, I have been pulling it a split second before the X button upon landing.

sn00zer

same rhythm as regularly landing...you can hold left or right before you land.....

Now, revert to manual is killing me

Renpatsu

I was talking up the flatland before and now I'm here to say grind switches are also going to be key to getting highscores this time around. The movement is exceedingly simple to execute after pulling off a perfect grind, just move the left stick to a new direction and tap X to switch into it. This effectively doubles all the number of grinds you can do in a combo if you grind switch throughout a level - which will add up over time.

Now, revert to manual is killing me
Same notion, just hold L or R as you press X to land and when the sound effect is done or thereabouts that is the new timing for when to pull the left stick left or right.

Agent X

One area where OlliOlli2 unfortunately falls short of its predecessor is in the cross-save functionality.

The original game had a excellent cross-save implementation, which was seamless and automatic. There was no fiddling around with menus--you could stop playing on one system, then start up on another system, and all of your progress and high scores were instantly available.

In OlliOlli2, they've already taken a step back by changing to a manual cross-save system, which is tucked away in the Options menu. Even more disappointing is that the cross-save simply doesn't work. On both PS Vita and PS4, trying to synchronize the saved data gives a dialog box with a message:

Get Yourself Connected!

You're not currently connected to PSN(SM). You can still play and set codes but your scores will be unranked until you connect. Set an offline Daily Grind Score? Connect to PSN(SM) before time runs out

After trying to "connect" to PSN, the process continues with no indication whether the sync succeeded or failed. It's clearly failed, though, because I've tried this several times alternating between PS Vita and PS4, and no data is ever transferred.

Has anyone gotten the cross-save to work successfully? If this feature isn't working, then I sure hope they can fix it quickly. I'm having flashbacks to the early days of the original OlliOlli on Vita, where the frequent crash bugs took several months to be resolved.

One area where OlliOlli2 unfortunately falls short of its predecessor is in the cross-save functionality.

The original game had a excellent cross-save implementation, which was seamless and automatic. There was no fiddling around with menus--you could stop playing on one system, then start up on another system, and all of your progress and high scores were instantly available.

In OlliOlli2, they've already taken a step back by changing to a manual cross-save system, which is tucked away in the Options menu. Even more disappointing is that the cross-save simply doesn't work. On both PS Vita and PS4, trying to synchronize the saved data gives a dialog box with a message:

After trying to "connect" to PSN, the process continues with no indication whether the sync succeeded or failed. It's clearly failed, though, because I've tried this several times alternating between PS Vita and PS4, and no data is ever transferred.

Has anyone gotten the cross-save to work successfully? If this feature isn't working, then I sure hope they can fix it quickly. I'm having flashbacks to the early days of the original OlliOlli on Vita, where the frequent crash bugs took several months to be resolved.

It's a known issue:

http://www.roll7.co.uk/#!OlliOlli2-...ime/c7ba/A9BB73A3-65C0-4A40-A9B1-45228B418BF0

OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood - Advice for Cross-Saving for the first time!
March 3, 2015

Yo Skaters!

Hope you’re all enjoying OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood on PS4 (or PS Vita)!

However, there’s a known issue when using Cross-Save for the First Time on either device. This will be patched. Have no fear, though - there’s an easy fix!

When using attempting to Cross-Save for the first time, first hit Reset Cross-Save before hitting Sync. Then simply Cross-Save like normal and you should be all good!

Enjoy skating through Olliwood, dudes!

Nyx

Once you nail the basics (and stop pressing X to jump like an idiot) this game great. Going to take a while before the controls feel completely natural though.

That really needs some getting used to indeed..

Fun little game though, definitely a keeper for me.

Also a tip from the first game that I had trouble with - not sure if it applies to this one

If you are having trouble with doing flips out of a grind and just ollieing every time - it's because when you get to the end of a rail your board auto-ollies out. You need to start the flip before you reach the end of the trail/ledge

Took me ages to figure that out

Ah. I came here specifically looking for this. Thanks.

Works fine for me so far. Make sure to reset it when you first play!

Shaneus

So this is weird... I think it actually plays and generally feels better on PS4 than Vita. Maybe it's easier to track what's going on on the screen, see the ground and time landings better?

In the very least, the lag that was present with the original OlliOlli on PS4 is non-existent with this. Much, much snappier and I think it might play a little better than the Vita one.

Case in point: The second last basic Aztec stage there's a goal for completing the level in one combo, and so many of the runs I did on Vita just wound up on me hitting the ground and mistiming the manual. But on PS4 I did that run in the second or third attempt. Maybe I just stick with the original on Vita and this one on the big screen.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Tried the Vita version last night and I had a lot of difficulty with performing circular motion tricks. I couldn't even get the five that were required of me.

Donos

Does the game not let you perform manuals until you unlock it via progressing through career mode?

manuals as in landing from a jump/trick and then instantly balancing on two wheels? that's possible from the get go. While landing i just hold the left stick down (or into another direction) and he balances instead of landing.

Phionoxx

Okay, I got the manuals to work now, prior to moving on to the second world. I don't know what the deal was. Probably my timing. Thanks!

Loved the first OlliOlli, I didn't know what to expect. Started playing around 9pm last night next thing I knew it was almost 11:30pm congrats Roll7. Best part is with it being a PS+ game I can convince my friends to play it this time.

Morinaga

Started playing this last night too, stopped an hour later crying like a drunk in the gutter that cant afford another drink.

Its cheaper than the pub and not frowned upon if you do it on your own or at 10.00am.

This games a keeper.

Nothus

I'm so pleased this was one of the PS Plus games, I would never have bothered with it otherwise.
It's such a great game! I loved the Skate. games so using the analogue stick to pull tricks feels quite natural to me. I only had about an hour on it last night but managed to get my first completely perfect run of a level - I'd be lying if I said it didn't leave me with a huge grin on my face.

Definitely going to give this game some serious attention over the weekend.

Any tips on how to grind the train on level 2? I can't get high enough from the ground or low enough from the prior edge to grind it.

Damn, loving this game but on Welcome to the House of Fun I cannot for the life of me do a Double Heelflip. Whatever I do, it gives me 360 flips, frontside shove its, or ollies if I'm too slow. I cant figure this one out at all. I cant even do it just practicing on a skatepark level.

EDIT: Figured it out. It says to do a half circle, but this totally screws you up, at least on the PS4. Its more like diagonal down left/right instead of full left/right. I can do it pretty much flawlessly now.

I don't know if it's just me but I feel like hit detection is a bit off in some spots, like if you grind a rail near the very beginning of it it doesn't register. Otherwise fun game.

Moze

Banned
The tricks at the bottom of the tricktionary that have the white arrows aswell as the yellow arrows, how do you perform them?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The tricks at the bottom of the tricktionary that have the white arrows aswell as the yellow arrows, how do you perform them?
The white arrow signifies a second motion. So you've got he yellow motion underneath which you perform andthen perform he white motion before letting go of the stick. So you might go clockwise and then anticlockwise all in one motion for example.

Chopper

Ugh. I am really struggling with the very first specific-move combo on Curse of the Aztec Stage 3. The Crooked Grind is easy enough, but I just can't nail the Bigspin Flip afterwards. Do I need to release R between moves, or can I just keep it held down?

Edit: Ha ha. I've been trying that for an hour, and as SOON as I post about it, I nail it. Typical. I kept R held down.

Top Bottom