• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OlliOlli 2 |OT| All it costs is your Dualshock 4

overcast

Quick question as I'm about to get PS+ again in the next week. As a platforming fan, will this game be great? Otherwise the skateboarding angle has me a little fearful as I'm not great at your typical skating games.

Heel

If you spin in the air and revert manual, your score multiplier goes up a crazy amount. Turns a 2 million high score into a 3.5 easy.

Yeah, still need to wrap my head around the revert manuals. Don't trust myself to land it consistently yet. My brain usually explodes trying to do it, especially on short platforms.

Just so much to process for something that ends up looking so simple on video, haha. What a game.

Amazing. I gotta go back to this one.

This feels a lot harder than the first game.

In the first one I got the high score goal on most of the "Pro" stages in just a few tries. Here I'm really struggling to hit it, just spent an hour on the 2nd Pro stage in Olliwood trying to hit 1.5 million and can't do it. I must be doing something wrong?

Item Box

About Titan Sky, scene 3. How the hell do you land on the slanted railings consistently? I wanted to ignore them and take the alternate route instead, but they show up again not too long after the paths reconnect, forcing me to learn the timing of it

the railing in question:
45vgaSX.png

and of course as I take the screenshot, i land them. I have no idea what im doing

Apathy

Love the gameplay additions to this. It's so good. I just don't like the change to the new art style. I loved the original so much more

Number45

I'm going to buy/PS+/donate the shit out of this game.

I'm also going to play it exclusively on the PS4, for the sake of my fingers. Can't thank Rogue Legacy enough for teaching me that I can play indies somewhere other than the Vita! And yes I know that's a daft statement.

LordPhantX

Neo Member
I like this kind of games .. few hours and the pain began!

weird that vita version about 3 times bigger than ps4 in size

vita 436 mb

ps4 133 mb

Tobinishi

So looking forward to it. I absolutely loved OlliOlli but it destroyed my left thump stick. Hopefully my DS4 will survive this one.

I did the tutorials. It's still sketchy most of the time. Lol

Practice practice practice. You will fall a lot, you will land sloppy and you will land sketchy but just play with the timing of when you hit X to land. You'll nail the timing eventually after a lot of practice.

As for me, I can barely feel my thumbs... Thanks Roll7!

Roll7_Jamie

Neo Member
If anyone is having trouble with Cross-Save, I might have the answer... I've whacked up something over on our blog!

Hope you’re all enjoying OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood on PS4 (or PS Vita)!

However, there’s a known issue when using Cross-Save for the First Time on either device. This will be patched. Have no fear, though - there’s an easy fix!

When using attempting to Cross-Save for the first time, first hit Reset Cross-Save before hitting Sync. Then simply Cross-Save like normal and you should be all good!

Roll7 Blog

If OP could add this info to the opening post, we'd love you forever!

myco666

Downloading now from EU store. So can you play this on d-pad? I remember reading somewhere you couldn't.

edit. So you can't use d-pad. I guess I have to get used to analog sticks.

Played the first level and it feels good. I would like to get all the mechanics introduced right away though. I guess introducing mechanics little by little is better for people new to the series but for someone who beat the original it would be nice to just start with the new stuff.

Gollumh

Neo Member
Thanks to PS+ i will try this game tonight. If i like it, should I buy the first one to play it or the second one is enough and have a tutorial ?

myco666

Thanks to PS+ i will try this game tonight. If i like it, should I buy the first one to play it or the second one is enough and have a tutorial ?

This game has a tutorial that explains everything. The first one is good also but I would assume that you would miss the additions from this game.

rugioh

Banned
I keep hitting my damn PS Home button in the middle of levels grr. Need to make my flicks more precise. Anyone else having this problem?

1) The timing for Perfect Landings seems to be a bit easier. Hit X before you think you should and you should be fine. Don't hit it right when you're about to touch the ground, but half a second earlier.

2) To Revert-Manual, press X and R2/L2 as you're close to landing (same timing as perfect landings) and THEN hold left on the stick. You want to start holding left just as the sound effect of the revert finishes, later than you might expect. Again, give a half second pause from the time you revert to the time you hold left

Can i use the dpad ob ps4 or is it stick only? Very fearful for my thumbsticks.

Still getting used to controls but pretty rad game. I could see having it mobile on vita would bring it to another level

Newman96

Really enjoying this so far..just got to the Aztec level though and I'm really struggling to nail manual's consistently. Any tips?

5amshift

Banned
I'm actually not liking this more than I would. I liked the easy simple layout and graphics of the first. Not a fan of all the super integrated manuals and shit.

Top Bottom