• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Place your bets: 'Wonder Woman' Box Office performance

Holy shit. You basically did.

I guess you have psychic powers now.

tenor.gif

Gonna have to start calling you Trump.

Ya thx guys, maybe I should play the lottery or somethin' cause I'm dead on

read Slayven's post

teehee

dafodeu

Wow great job DC, really was a fantastic movie. Gal Gadot is going to make so much more on Wonder Woman 2 than the 300k she got for this film. And she deserves it what a great performance.

I'm glad I adjusted my prediction for the worldwide total a couple of weeks before the movie opened. Now I'm only off by about $200M :)

And I really have no idea how Justice League and Aquaman are going to perform. Seems like the floor for DC films is much higher than I expected. I blame my bad predictions on Batman Begins and Superman Returns, haha.

Harmen

Lowballed it significantly (500-600 ww). I thought the competition would be more impactful (and of better quality) and the film itself to be decent, but not as good as it is. Glad it turned out like this.

ReiGun

I predicted 630 total citing lack off male audience interest compared to other hero movies. Glad I was wrong!

Despite what the wastrels of the internet would have you believe, guys will totally show up for a female action flick. A cursory glance at social media feeds during the film's release would show you tons of dudes who were excited to see it.

The problem that a lot of female action movies run into is they're kind of shit or just aren't all that appealing to a mass audience regardless of demo. Look at GitS, which by all accounts, fit both criteria.

Top Bottom