• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB XIII: UK trailer up -> starter evolutions, Mega Garchomp and more

Village

May's costume better be DLC or an in-game option. She's still my favorite female trainer design.

Mine is both gen 5's , because they are the best.

However black and white ones girl trainer would have looked better with full jeans rather than the shorts.

Hedge

Are any of the newly revealed pokemon version exclusives, or? Besides Mewtwo's horrid X/superior Y form, I mean.

-Horizon-

The girl's design in B/W is good (them short shorts yo), May's Emerald is good, Dawn's Platinum is good...I also want the one from FR/LG.

kuppy

Those evolutions change everything..

I like Frogadier look the most, so I guess I go with Froakie and Charmander (because Mega Venusaur doesn't look that cool) then, not easy..

Drago

Tyrunt is my favorite Gen VI Pokémon by far, I think. I love its typing too. Hopefully the evolution is just as amazing.

If it's version exclusive it better be in Y, or one of you guys better trade me one! :(

Those evolutions change everything..

I like Frogadier look the most, so I guess I go with Froakie and Charmander (because Mega Venusaur doesn't look that cool) then, not easy..
But Mega-Venosaur will be the best of them all. Not only because vanilla Venosaur is already the best starter from the first generation by far and will be severely upgraded thanks to this generation modifications on the type chart (poison gets a huge upgrade in form of a new resistance and super-effective attack) and other extra things (plant type immune to spore attacks and some more), but because none of the others seem to gain anything that can compensate for what they lack.

kuppy

But Mega-Venosaur will be the best of them all. Not only because vanilla Venosaur is already the best starter from the first generation by far and will be severely upgraded thanks to this generation modifications on the type chart (poison gets a huge upgrade in form of a new resistance and super-effective attack) and other extra things (plant type immune to spore attacks and some more), but because none of the others seem to gain anything that can compensate for what they lack.
Mh, okay thanks, maybe I overthink then, specially because Charizard always been a dick in the anime.

Chlorophyll Venusaur will always be better than Thick Fat Venusaur though.

Maybe late on this, but did anyone else notice that Diantha has around her neck that same jewel that's also in the PC's Mega Ring (the one with the helix in the middle)?

Probably a hint that one of her team is gonna have a Mega Evolution.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
"It's believed that Tyrunt is over one hundred million years old"

Uh huh
The best theory of heard about Pokédex descriptions is that they are all written by the 10 year olds you are sent out to complete it so all the information is vastly exaggerated.

this is the beginning, by the end of the decade all nintendo games will be fashion based

Eh, lots of girls play pokemon and like dress up
and quite a few boys.
It's a good thing.

Because fuck you Heracross.

Heracross is completely walled by fairies. :lol

It ain't Capt. Megahorn I'm worried about, it's all those midcard Bugs like my boy Scolipede. Putting an resist on a new type that like the previous new types, was meant to balance is odd.

I never understand why people always are so sure about things Gamefreak will do, even though they being proven wrong and wrong every time.

Every time since the fake starters for Pokemon Diamond where out, people had being claiming how much sense it makes for a Fighting/Psychic/Dark trio. They see it everywhere, now this time it may be true because of the leaks but you never know with Gamefreak. I mean.

Pokemon Platinum wasn't Topaz.
Black/White 2 wasn't Grey
That Lion wasn't Manticore
Charizard never became part Dragon.

Elfteiroh

I never understand why people always are so sure about things Gamefreak will do, even though they being proven wrong and wrong every time.

Every time since the fake starters for Pokemon Diamond where out, people had being claiming how much sense it makes for a Fighting/Psychic/Dark trio. They see it everywhere, now this time it may be true because of the leaks but you never know with Gamefreak. I mean.

... I don't always agree with you, but when I do, it's ABSOLUTE TRUTH!

Chlorophyll Venusaur will always be better than Thick Fat Venusaur though.
Well, chlorophyll Venusaur is the best Venosaur when it comes to it's offensive set, but that Mega Evolution enhances it's defensive stats and gives it resistance to two of its weak points, so it may become a very respectable defensive Pokemon depending on how it ends.

Dr. Buni

This.

Atlantis

I am so excited for these games. I'm actually going to be on vacation on the 12th, but I'm still considering buying it on release day.

I absolutely love the two cats. Interested in how their evolution is going to work.

PK Gaming

Eh, lots of girls play pokemon and like dress up
and quite a few boys.
It's a good thing.

It ain't Capt. Megahorn I'm worried about, it's all those midcard Bugs like my boy Scolipede. Putting an resist on a new type that like the previous new types, was meant to balance is odd.

Yeah it's a major bummer. Bug is already resisted by 6 different types, and Fairy is already shaping up to be one of the more dominant types in game. I'm actually really worried for Heracross, it's potent STAB combo is naturally walled by most of the Fairy-types in the game.

DaBoss

I think Mewtwo, Mewtwo X, and Mewtwo Y look visually unpleasing (but still like Mewtwo), but Mewtwo being the one I'm most used to beating them all. Mewtwo X edges over Mewtwo Y because it gains the fighting type.

-Horizon-

Awwww!

Why does he look like a freaking frog? :( those damn legs oh god

Mewtwo Y's head just looks...strange to me. I mean the first half of the head looks cool with the circle crown thing but then it turns into some tail.

And Mewtwo Y's legs aren't innocent either, what up with the eggplant toes? D:

I prefer the X version of Mega Mewtwo, though honestly, Yveltal is cooler looking than Xerneas.
#TeamMewtwoX represent

though I can't agree with you on the Xerneas vs Yveltal bit

MicH

Mewtwo Y's head just looks...strange to me. I mean the first half of the head looks cool with the circle crown thing but then it turns into some tail.

And Mewtwo Y's legs aren't innocent either, what up with the eggplant toes? D:
Yeah, those toes are definitely horrendous. None of them are good, but it all comes down to me not being able stand looking at frog Mewtwo :(

Seriously, nobody likes Mewtwo X except for me right now on this page? :[

His legs are weird, they look thick and strong but doesn't seem like they bend well and the fingers are too separated for it to kick precisely. He looks weird for a Fighting type.

WTF?!! I don't like anything in the OP apart from the type modifications.

Give them time, as often with Pokémon. It's best to give everything the benefit of the doubt since some things grow up with you.

If after a while you still don't like them then at least you aren't flip flopping.

Top Bottom