• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB XIII: UK trailer up -> starter evolutions, Mega Garchomp and more

Rizsparky

I like Yveltal a lot. It's seriously great. In almost any other gen, it would be the best legendary, hands-down. It's a shame it had to be pitted against the most freaking majestic rainbow antlered stag to ever grace the six regions of PokéEarth.

Hail to the king.

Looks more like a queen.

Veitsev

I am torn on whether I should keep my X preorder to switch to Y. I like Xerneas because its such a unique looking legendary. Yvetal looks too dragon like which is a bit boring. However Mewtwo Y >>>> Mewtwo X

Cryxok

I like Yveltal a lot. It's seriously great. In almost any other gen, it would be the best legendary, hands-down. It's a shame it had to be pitted against the most freaking majestic rainbow antlered stag to ever grace the six regions of PokéEarth.

Hail to the king.

bowaskn5.gif
bowaskn5.gif
bowaskn5.gif
bowaskn5.gif
bowaskn5.gif
365px-Flipped_Xerneas.png

Never really liked Yveltal but I love Xerneas like I've loved no other ever since Lugia and Celebii.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
ibuYOnCkNCcqUd.png

What's that above the blue dress? It looks like a cupcake with eyes and a straw, reminds me of Swirlix + Vanillite.

Trigger

The anticipation for the legends is killing me. I really hope we get to see the full Kyurem. B2W2 would be a tease like no other if not.

I hope the theme for the legends is cool. I didn't care for most of the Gen V legends at all.

Yeah, me too. I love when the dex leaks before the release, so when the games are released, I can start playing with a specific team in mind.

Hah, that's my exact logic too. Scouting and hunting for a certain pokemon sometimes makes a playthrough even better.

-Horizon-

This thread was getting a little too Mewtwo Y for me, that's good there are Mewtwo X supporters here :)

Hail to the king.

bowaskn5.gif
bowaskn5.gif
bowaskn5.gif
bowaskn5.gif
bowaskn5.gif
365px-Flipped_Xerneas.png

Bow down before the one true king.
He shall defeat the accursed dragon of the sky.

Dawg

Yveltas is the better choice, infidels.

Do you see his shape? That's right, he resembles an Y.

Xerneas? That skinny deer? Doesn't even look like an X, brah.

yveltal.png

Caladrius

I hope the theme for the legends is cool. I didn't care for most of the Gen V legends at all.

They're already starting with avatars of life and death (number 3 is a ghost maybe?), and the whole Beauty thing they keep pushing makes me think we're getting some stuff based off of artistic guff like the muses. I'm pretty optimistic about this batch. (Though that's mainly because I've liked the past 3 gens of legends in a row.)

Voror

yveltal.png

I do like this design more than Xerneas, but good chance is that Xerneas is going to be way more powerful for the most part.

-Horizon-

yveltal.png

Viewed from the front, it forms the bottom of the X with its front legs with its antlers forming the top of the X.

Xerneas is a subtle brilliance. It doesn't need it's entire body shaped like a letter.

Those X's in its eyes :D

Dawg

Personally, I see Yveltas partly as a flying Groudon. The style and "cracks" are just kinda similar to groudon, although the overall style is definitely more "next gen".

Toxi

Banned
I do like this design more than Xerneas, but good chance is that Xerneas is going to be way more powerful for the most part.
We know nothing about their stats or movepool. There are uber Pokemon like Ho-Oh that perform well despite absolutely wretched typing.

Personally, I see Yveltas partly as a flying Groudon. The style and "cracks" are just kinda similar to groudon, although the overall style is definitely more "next gen".
I see Yveltal's marks as more like bulging veins than cracks in its skin.

DaBoss

So the question of the weekend...

What gender are you going for and what skin tone?

Male/brown for me.

Gotta get rid of that hairdo though, it sucks a lot. And maybe the clothes too.

zroid

Banned

Male/brown for me.

I'm not sure. Originally I was dead set on female cause her default design is so much better. But since the revelation of the surprisingly deep customizations... hard to say. I may just flip a coin or something. I dunno about skin tone either, I'll probably have to just see what looks best when I start the game.

Drago

Male/brown for me.

Was gonna go female but now customization is a thing so back to male again

-Horizon-

Male/brown for me.

Male (for the first game at least, female in whatever third game or sequel)
And there was a tanned/brown option right? I'll go with that.
I want them to add more options for us to customize our characters though.

TheOGB

Banned

Male/brown for me.

Same.

If the salons and boutiques let you get a flat top and some Scrafty-level swag, then this will be the GOTY/3DS GOAT.

Dr. Buni

Male/brown for me.

Female/Brown. I don't plan on changing her clothes that much, I just want a long sleeve jacket and that is about it. The rest of her costume look pretty good imo.

Delio

Male/brown for me.

Prob Female/brown.

The female clothes just seem more fun.

iirate

Mewtwo Y best

Xerneas is best

Damn it

I know =(
Still getting X. I started out getting the "blue" of each set with gens I and II, but Ruby changed that, being my birthstone and all. Since gen III, I *always* pick up the "red" game.

Hail to the king.

Absolutely. I'm really excited for Xerneas, even though I normally don't care about the legendaries much at all. Fairy is likely going to overtake Bug as my favorite type, and this may be my favorite legendary duo ever.

Male/brown for me.

Female/undecided. Hair and clothes are going to be a much bigger deal to me than my skin tone.

Kyzon

Male/brown for me.

Male, and black. I gotta look as much like myself as I can.

Imma try for facial hair even though they probably won't let me, if not then a silly afro

Top Bottom