• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB XIII: UK trailer up -> starter evolutions, Mega Garchomp and more

zroid

Banned
And those plusle wannabe mice too blargh.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Elfteiroh

it depends on the red and blue color scheme or hot and cold ie red (fire) blue (water), gold (has ho-oh Fire), silver has (lugia water), ruby( volcano groudon) sapphire(water kyogre), diamond ( are created with immense heat and pressure even though color is blue), pearl( are found in the ocean, color is pink a derivative of red), then White( white is considered a warm color ), and black( the absence of color associated with cold dark places).

the order for Red>Gold>Ruby>Diamond>White>White 2>Y
and Blue>Silver>Sapphire>pearl>Black>Black 2>X

and yes in japan it was red and green, green is a calm color, X's legendary comes from a forest he is calm :p.

"Blue>Silver>Sapphire>pearl>Black>Black 2>X"
I hate you, this is EXACTLY the list of all the games (excluding third versions) that I played. xD The only one that got against this is HeartGold, because I don't like Lugia (still don't like Ho Ho, but it's more colorful) and I already had played the original silver... And I played LeafGreen, and not blue, but as you said, green can easily take the place of blue.

And yeah I'm picking X. LOL

DaBoss

I went:
Blue > Gold > Ruby(got all 3 in Gen 3 though) (> Fire Red) > Diamond (got all 3 in Gen IV) (> Soul Silver) > Black > Black 2 (got White 2 also) > X (getting Y too)

So I got some variety there.

i went red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, crystal, ruby, sapphire, emerald, diamond, pearl, platinum, black, white, black 2, white 2

(+ green, FR, LG, HG, SS)

i've got a problem :(

(EU, NA, JAP for most games too, but i got them later)

MicH

If we're listing versions.. These are my main games of each generation. Got pretty much all versions though, except Leaf Green and Pearl

Red > Silver > Ruby > Diamond > White > White 2 > X

Also got Fire Red and Superior Silver

Caffeine

i went red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, crystal, ruby, sapphire, emerald, diamond, pearl, platinum, black, white, black 2, white 2

(+ green, FR, LG, HG, SS)

i've got a problem :(

(EU, NA, JAP for most games too, but i got them later)

same excluding green EU/Jap versions.

however i am only getting Y this time around.

DaBoss

I think I've played every game except for Silver.

This looks like the opposite of a problem to me

Yup, sounds like too much money.

i will get both but i feel weird about not importing the japanese/american versions. it makes no sense now but the collection will be incomplete.

#firstworldproblems

#StupidRegionLock

Though this time it really isn't necessary since every version is the same because all languages are available.

DaBoss

can i switch language?

I know you can choose the language at the start or something, not sure if you can change it after you start the game, but I don't see why they wouldn't let you do that.

I went something like this
Blue - Gold (wanted Silver tho) - Sapphire - Pearl - White - Black2 - X
Hey, a little question. Do we know if digital games in the eshop go up at midnight? I still haven't decided if I'll buy Pokemon X digital or physical and this may help me decide.

All first-party games have gone up at midnight, so all signs point to being it will go up at midnight.

Cryxok

Hey, a little question. Do we know if digital games in the eshop go up at midnight? I still haven't decided if I'll buy Pokemon X digital or physical and this may help me decide.

Caffeine

i know eshop usually updates 9 AM pacific/ 12pm eastern time.

Fireblend

Banned
I'd love a physical copy but being in Costa Rica means I'd have to wait at least a week for the game to come here :( that's not happening.

Dr. Buni

My main versions were: Blue - Silver - Sapphire - Diamond - Black - Black 2

I always choose judging by the legendary in the cover, except this time I am choosing based on the exclusives (Skrelp, Spritzee and Mewtwo Y > X exclusives).

I know you can choose the language at the start or something, not sure if you can change it after you start the game, but I don't see why they wouldn't let you do that.

i meant chosing languages. thank god, i can't go back to german pokemon names and i would have to wait a few days for my uk copy.

Man, been playing Pokemon since the first ones, only skipped Gen III (still not sure why I did) but all these changes are so for the best. I wonder if any other legendaries will find themselves mega evolving? Would love to see a mega Kyurem or heck even a mega Salamence.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I think they're all dogs, and then they break down into wolf or fox classifications. I might be wrong though.

Let me clarify for you guys.

Dogs are domesticated wolves (canis lupus familiaris), so they are under wolf. Wolves are canines while foxes are vulpines. Both canines and vulpines are under the Canid classification.

Man, been playing Pokemon since the first ones, only skipped Gen III (still not sure why I did) but all these changes are so for the best. I wonder if any other legendaries will find themselves mega evolving? Would love to see a mega Kyurem or heck even a mega Salamence.

it's highly likely that other legendaries will get megas. Salamence was rumored as the only pseudo legendary that won't get a mega, this is most likely made up BS tho.

Espada

it's highly likely that other legendaries will get megas. Salamence was rumored as the only pseudo legendary that won't get a mega, this is most likely made up BS tho.

Yup, Mewtwo getting a Mega evolution blew the doors wide open on legendaries getting mega evolutions. I wouldn't be surprised if Xerneas and Yveltal have mega forms. The mascots (like Dialga, Palkia, Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, etc..) and noteable legendaries like Arceus are likely candidates.

From what we've seen GF seems to be doling out mega forms based on something other than need.

Velcro Fly

Really torn on what version to get. With Pokemon Bank it looks like I won't need both. I like Xerneas better so I guess it's X for me. Still really worried that some exclusive pokemon that I'll love will be on Y and I'll have to trade for it. I hate relying on other people for things in game.

My history as far as games go:

Gen 1 - R/B/Y
Gen 2 - G/S
Gen 3 - Sapphire, Fire Red
Gen 4 - Pearl, Heart Gold
Gen 5 - Black, Black 2

Kokonoe

Banned
Suicune

t9mwsYl.gif

JoeM86

There's a special programme airing in Japan on September 23rd focusing on the XY games and anime. It's doubtful it'll have anything new in it, but you never know :)

Yup, Mewtwo getting a Mega evolution blew the doors wide open

their initial reveal of mega evos was pretty much a statement saying "anything and everything can get a mega evo". i mean they showed starters, normals, legendaries all getting mega evos.

i think mew is a shoe in for a mega, it shares the same genetics with mewtwo and it seems likely that genetics are a huge part of X/Y hence the names.

MicH

I've always had a soft spot for Entei, maybe because I'm a big fan of the third Pokémon movie. I really like his design. Arcanine is pretty damn awesome as well.

Also Manectric. Loved him in R/S/E and I still cling to the hope that he will get an evolution someday.

Top Bottom