• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB XIII: UK trailer up -> starter evolutions, Mega Garchomp and more

DaBoss

Have we gotten a good look at the cave battle environment before?

LLCCiFh.jpg

all 3 are actually suppose to be both dogs and what you described, for instance they act like dogs and are even described as 3 legendary dogs

Aye, I don't know where the dog thing ever came from, since they were never described that way in official media and as was said, their designs are clearly based on big cats. Lion, tiger and leopard. I don't see how they behave like dogs either.

all 3 are actually suppose to be both dogs and what you described, for instance they act like dogs and are even described as 3 legendary dogs

I don't believe that they were supposed to be dogs. They are described as the 3 legendary dogs by fans.

I think the correct term these days are the three legendary beasts, and I prefer that one.

Dr. Buni

Surprisingly, people VERY often associate beast with dogs first. Probably because they are the most "savage" animals close to us physically.
I can understand that. Though I find hard to understand when people are adamant about calling the beasts as "dogs", even after someone go and explain that they are based on mythical creatures like qilin, raiju and shisa.
I've always referred to them as beasts rather than anything specific.
Legendary hamsters~

Macka

I loathe both Mewtwo megalutions.

MewtwoX actually pisses me off even more than spoiler-tail-head MewtwoY, since it turns him into something completely different. Mewtwo is not, and should never be a fighting type. The idea or him hi-jump kicking his way through battles...just no.

Qurupeke

I don't believe that they were supposed to be dogs. They are described as the 3 legendary dogs by fans.

I think the correct term these days are the three legendary beasts, and I prefer that one.
Yes, beasts seems to be the best fit for them. They have both canine and feline characteristics.

Dr. Buni

So, a Fairy/Dragon should be a legendary Pokemon in this generation.
Nah, it should be a pseudo legendary and be Diantha's signature Pokémon. I have a feeling she will be one of those N-like characters or even the champion, so she needs a bad ass Fairy-type Pokémon to kick some asses.

About the Poodle Pokemon. I just watched a Shofu video and he says two things.

1-His ability halves the Damage of contact/physical attacks.
2-He has a priority Fairy move, that lowers the atk of the enemy.

Both of those things are crazy good. And I like his Shaggy version.

I really disagree with this point and find it damn near baseless. Scizor and Ferrothorn are great, so that means the entire type has to suffer? Same goes for Fighting. It was already perfectly balanced with 3 types resisting (2 of which SE it) and another that was completely immune.

IMO this is a really botched balancing job, and GF will be forced to nuke Fairy in the future. All because they didn't want to gimp dragons too badly.

100 %. Some poor balancing decisions (In the form of nerfs) from GF here IMO. Lets wait and see how things shape up.

Any opinions about the full extent of balancing can only be taken from the context of the current state of the gen 5 metagame. It isn't known what other changes have occurred to the various mechanics of the game beyond these most basic type relationships, so I'd say it's best to wait before making any solid conclusion one way or the other.

Whether steel improved or got worse will only become evident after the metagame has formed and will primarily be determined by fairy type's success. Fighting type still has some of the best moves in the game and excellent neutral coverage.

ffdgh

Metagross, jirachi, and bronzong certaintainly took a hit. Dark and ghost weaknesses will probably hurt them.

Top Bottom