• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiba5

I'm really curious what Fox News will look like on Election night. Karl Rove and Megyn Kelly won't fight again because neither believes in Trump. Basically every Fox News election night host except for Hannity and Trump surrogates will totally see this coming.

But they have to frame it in a good way for their audience. It's gonna be really interesting to see how well they walk the line between "Trump demolished, but Hillary doesn't have a mandate".

Lumpy will become completely unhinged and eat his own face on live TV.

Iolo

Wait, this tweet is all sorts of wrong isnt it? Poligaf been crunching numbers for the past week, and only Iowa looked like a Trump stronghold

Yes, this tweet info is useless without knowing historically which side has done more early voting in each place, and what type. Less effort to report the fact than the context.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Very well articulated Gruco. I think that sort of criticism is better than nitpicking the model doing weird things and calling him "bad/trash Nate".

I do think Nate deserves some credit for owning up to his shitty punditry about Trump. Maybe he had to in order to save face or his site's reputation, I'm not sure, but it's not something many people who comment about politics too. So many pundits on television are repeatedly invited despite how consistently wrong they are. Even political experience doesn't mean you have valuable insight.

I don't take everything he says seriously but he's shown to have some valuable insight. I roll my eyes when I see people who criticize him constantly share things he says that is positive of Hillary. When your negativity is focused entirely on the information you don't want to hear the criticism comes across as less meaningful.

@LatinoDecisions

CvzOQ9lUAAAVcat.jpg

PEPE????

#Rigged

Boke1879

It'll take a couple more election cycles cause it would mean working with democrats

Sucks for the GOP then. They'll continue to lose the latino vote. They are really stuck in tough spot because clearly Trump exposed their base as not wanting this stuff. How do they tow the line?

Gruco

Banned
Gary comes off as a wimp who can't handle pressure at all. If he was in the debates, he'll only be a distraction.

This is why obsessing about 3rd parties is basically only done by 20 year olds and fringe cranks. Anyone even remotely serious about US politics realizes they need to build a party coalition first. The people who left running in third parties are reeaaaally not the greatest. Even Bill Weld regrets his decisions in life.

Get fucked Lil' Marco.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/27/politics/florida-democrats-senate-majority-pac/index.html

(CNN)The Senate Majority PAC, the super PAC tied to Democratic Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, plans to go back into Florida to boost Rep. Patrick Murphy in his race against Sen. Marco Rubio, the group told CNN on Thursday.

"This race is closing," spokesman Shripal Shah told CNN. "Voters know that Marco Rubio is only looking out for himself and they're going to hold him accountable for pushing a self-serving agenda at their expense."

"This afternoon Senate Majority PAC made a seven figure transfer to Floridians for a Strong Middle Class, a Florida based Super PAC supporting Patrick Murphy's campaign. The move comes hours after Senate Majority PAC announced a record fundraising haul -- $19.3 million -- covering the pre-general reporting period (October 1st thru 19th) that will be filed with the FEC today."

Reid had been pushing to go back into Florida but had faced resistance from the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee and New York Sen. Charles Schumer who wants to spend money in other more winnable and less expensive states.

Nafai1123

Banned
Do you guys think Obama focusing on the redistricting effort will have any impact on Democrat turnout in the midterms? I'm skeptical anything is going to motivate in off year elections, but if anyone can do it I would think Obama can.

Jeels

Do you guys think Obama focusing on the redistricting effort will have any impact on Democrat turnout in the midterms? I'm skeptical anything is going to motivate in off year elections, but if anyone can do it I would think Obama can.

He wasn't really able to as president...2010 and 2014 were rough.

Not likely, but if turnout doesn't change, redistricting will help Democrats more, even if it's a return to something approaching neutral.

Gruco

Banned
Thinking more about the DSCC.....so, here's the thing.

OH got nuked from orbit in 2015. AZ hasn't shown any signs of closing. IA lol.

IL and WI were easy early locks.

NV, NH and PA are in contested GE states and that Trump will lose by 7+ points.

So, that leaves IN, MO, NC, and FL.

It's worth spending hard in MO and NC. And I guess Bayh is still better than a Republican, but he has also been pretty safe in polling. But, honestly Florida almost needs to be contested by default. It's probably the third most important race of the cycle, and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see it the closest single race on election day.

johnny956

Sucks for the GOP then. They'll continue to lose the latino vote. They are really stuck in tough spot because clearly Trump exposed their base as not wanting this stuff. How do they tow the line?

They thing is they could change their immigration plan and stick to the same on everything else and they would still get more votes then they get now. It's the primary system that's killing them unfortunately. They'll have to figure something else out with it

Maybe in 2020 the GOP will nominate someone that will somehow piss off us Asians enough to boost our turnout as well.

Trump's probably done quite enough to offend Asians as well. I have a coworker who is Chinese. He got his citizenship over a decade ago but he has only been motivated to register to vote for the first time this year.

So many district judges on my ballet.

I know that feel.

Thinking more about the DSCC.....so, here's the thing.

OH got nuked from orbit in 2015. AZ hasn't shown any signs of closing. IA lol.

IL and WI were easy early locks.

NV, NH and PA are in contested GE states and that Trump will lose by 7+ points.

So, that leaves IN, MO, NC, and FL.

It's worth spending hard in MO and NC. And I guess Bayh is still better than a Republican. But, honestly Florida almost needs to be contested by default. It's probably the third most important race of the cycle, and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see it the closest single race on election day.

Re: Evan Bayh

If we need him to get control of the Senate, I guess we'll just have to deal with it but if he isn't necessary he can get fucked. People like him make the Democrats look bad.

Owzers

The only thing Trump has going for him continues to be what Russia stole and the media couldn't be happier for the most part.

Early numbers from Iowa. Dem % keep creeping up very close to 2012.

@IAStartingLine
Today's Iowa early vote update:

Voted
Ds: 167,195
Rs: 126,514
NPs: 75,819

Requested
Ds: 226,833
Rs: 181,149
NPs: 116,737

@IAStartingLine
Versus this point in 2012:

Voted:
Ds: 87%
Rs: 94%
NPs: 79%

Requested:
Ds: 88%
Rs: 100%
NPs: 80%

kirblar

As far as I know the whole state has in person absentee, but it's still absentee and not early voting so you can't just show up to vote early just because you want to vote early.
It's effectively identical, you just have to fill out a form explaining why you're voting early.

tbm24

Having voted in NC in 10 and 12 I really miss early voting now that I'm back in PA :(
Personally I'm pretty hyped up to vote on Election Day, fully understanding that I'm given the luxury to have request the day off a month ago. Will be submitting my vote, wife'a vote and father's vote then binging on the big networks for the rest of the day while my non-voting sister in law and brother in law stick their heads up their bum and try and ignore the noise I make(they live in the apartment above me).

Tendo

Personally I'm pretty hyped up to vote on Election Day, fully understanding that I'm given the luxury to have request the day off a month ago. Will be submitting my vote, wife'a vote and father's vote then binging on the big networks for the rest of the day while my non-voting sister in law and brother in law stick their heads up their bum and try and ignore the noise I make(they live in the apartment above me).

Super tempted to take a personal day that day.

Teggy

Ali VitaliVerified account
‏@alivitali
"We should just cancel the election and just give it to Trump." -Trump

What the hell is wrong with this guy?

BTW, Brianna Kielar rn dogwipingbrow.gif

But, honestly Florida almost needs to be contested by default. It's probably the third most important race of the cycle, and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see it the closest single race on election day.

I don't get why people keep acting like the Florida senate race is particularly close. For every poll that has Rubio up 1 or 2 there's another where he's up nearly double digits. Nothing shows Murphy with an actual lead.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/senate/florida/

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Go Valley go!

I want Texas Blue so so bad.

If it happens, I'll be the drunk ginger arrested for peeing on Dubyas mural at the capital.

Teggy

It looks like Trump just made up that Melania is going to give 2 speeches in the next 2 week in the Stephanopolous interview. Melania seemed completely surprised by it during the interview and the campaign won't comment.

I just got my mothers mail in ballot sent.

+1 for Queen in Kansas.

I kind of enjoy in person voting, so I think I'm going to my early voting precinct around the 1st or 2nd. I'd already have it done, but I don't have a car, and it's only opened W,T,F. Or I'll vote day of. We never have lines in this area. And I've voted in every election since I was legal. Midterm, special elections, Presidential, Caucuses, and Primaries. Kansas may never go blue in my lifetime, but they never have to worry about my vote.

Pyrokai

Blue Texas. Is....is this real life? I want it to happen, even if it's not probable. I would lose my shit on election night if it went blue.

Snake

Daily reality check, since poligaf's manic tendencies continue unabated:

- Texas will not be going blue, even with increased turnout by latinos and more Republicans crossing over to vote D. Please don't get to the point where you'll be disappointed if Hillary doesn't win Texas. Because you WILL be disappointed.

- Marco Rubio is going to win his senate race and will be running for President again in 2020. Chuck Schumer is actually right for once.

- The House of Reps. is not going to flip.

- Hillary Clinton is still on track to win by 5-8 points. A solid win no matter how you cut it, and nothing to complain about.

Bowdz

If Texas does go blue, we need to organize a movement to have everyone incessantly tweet at Ted Cruz and thank him for helping get Texas to vote for Hillary Clinton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom