• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Post #7323 (LAST DAY TO REG. IN CO,FL,IN,MI,OH,PA,TX,VA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruco

Banned
Red Blaster said:
Have a friend who's gone astray. This was his response to the NYT article about Obama's economic philosophy:

Anyone who's well-versed in these areas willing to give some input against these points?
I'd also ask why he explicitly called 90% of America "poor".

Trurl

Banned
maximum360 said:
Per Politico...

Ohio is as bad as we think it is.
I made a point to not vote early because I enjoy voting on election day so much. One of my friends and I have a tradition of getting together and goint to our polling stations together to vote, followed by eating out and then watching election coverage.

I went to a Bruce Springteen rally in Columbus yesterday and I had to explain to three seperate volunteers about why I have no interest in voting early. It was kind of annoying.:lol

Yeouch..

I guess you can't depend on the American people...
It was the first time this was tried so I don't know what you're basing your expectations on.

ghibli99

tak said:
I used to think that today's politics were extremely dirty, but then I started looking into how politicians behaved in the early days of the United States.

Did you guys know that in the early days of the United States presidential candidates would run their own news papers and sometimes declare the other candidate died just days before an election? This method tricked people into not voting for the dead candidate.
Yeah, word traveled a lot slower back then... although when I hear people *today* surprised about what's going on w/ the economy, I guess not too much has changed for some.

Sharp

Trurl said:
I made a point to not vote early because I enjoy voting on election day so much. One of my friends and I have a tradition of getting together and goint to our polling stations together to vote, followed by eating out and then watching election coverage.

I went to a Bruce Springteen rally in Columbus yesterday and I had to explain to three seperate volunteers about why I have no interest in voting early. It was kind of annoying.:lol
Sure but I mean 3000 people is really, really small. Low turnout could severely hurt Obama's chances this November.

GhaleonEB

Zeliard said:
Oh, the irony is simply too much.
Today has been 100% projection, from that all the way to the RNC questioning Obama's donors only to have McCain get investigated by the FEC. McCain even accused Obama of getting angry and being "touchy" when criticized. :lol

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Some people are forgetting which poster with admin powers, is one of those damned "red coats" :p

Anyway... I love how this picture perfectly sums up McCains last fortnight :)

mccain-cry_MnaF1_16866.jpg

tak said:
Another interesting one is a group of people from one party hired a prostitute to try to trick a member of the other party into committing adultery (it worked, but he didn't know she was a prostitute and thought she was actually in love with him).

Didn't that just happen in 1995?

Haunted

Zeliard said:
Oh, the irony is simply too much.
This has long transcended irony and went straight into delusional/cognitive dissoanance territory.

GhaleonEB said:
Today has been 100% projection, from that all the way to the RNC questioning Obama's donors only to have McCain get investigated by the FEC. McCain even accused Obama of getting angry and being "touchy" when criticized. :lol
I mean, what the hell.

tak said:
Another interesting one is a group of people from one party hired a prostitute to try to trick a member of the other party into committing adultery (it worked, but he didn't know she was a prostitute and thought she was actually in love with him).
I've seen that movie.

tak

lawblob said:
Thats awesome.

Didn't a Congressman or Senator beat another legislator to death with his cane back in the 1700s, on the floor of the House / Senate? You don't get any more bad ass than that.
I haven't heard that one, but around that same time it was popular for politicians to settle disputes with duals, which is how we lost the great man that is alexander hamilton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom