• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice-Presidential Debate |OT| The Big F$@*ing Deal vs. The Randian from Dairyland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidion

Its just painful watching how convinced some ppl here are of O and B. I can agree if you are convinced of their politics but seriously B did not slaughter R. Open your eyes....there is a difference between winning the overall debate and winning because you dig their opinions. You gaffers saying B won, i understand if you mean it by him actually saying his politics straight out. But R was just as good with saying his stuff. A slaughter is when Romney tells his politics and Obama not even getting his ones out.

since B and R were on almost similiar levels in turns off getting their msgs out. whoevers u agree with will obviously win. Pls. stop this "if we act like B slaughtered R. eventually it will stick".

Gaf libs on debates etc:

R do +10. D do -5. Reaction: O did + 1 oh! mmmmmf R did +3.../ pffff so what if R did +10 ?!?!?!

R do +5. D do +7. Reaction: haha woooooooooot D did 10000+!!!!!! pffffr R did -5.hahahaha sucker

So convinced that people here were giving the Romney/Obama debate to Romney?

Call someone out on their bullshit? Not stick to their script and actually debate? Yup, and glad we do!
I'm speaking of the rehearsed laughter, the buffonery and the goofy faces.

That's called real debating without everything being scripted beforehand and people actually showing they're passionate about the matters at hand.
If you think those shit-face grins and giggles weren't scripted, then I have a bridge...
Do you guys not realize that all of that was pre-planned? Maybe the UK isn't familiar with debates like this.

Wow. Do grown men behave like that in the UK?

Have you ever seen the recordings of the House of Commons on CSPAN? Whichever side grunts, mumbles, and farts the loudest in that small room wins the argument over there. While it's much more entertaining than watching snoozeville Congress over here, it's also quite embarrassing seeing people in a supposedly "professional" setting act in such a manner. Then again, most politicians in the US are not capable of doing much more than mumbling and farting when it comes to solving our current and future massive budget problems.

Cyan

Banned
Have you ever seen the recordings of the House of Commons on CSPAN? Whichever side grunts, mumbles, and farts the loudest in that small room wins the argument over there. While it's much more entertaining than watching snoozeville Congress over here, it's also quite embarrassing seeing people in a supposedly "professional" setting act in such a manner.

I mean, sure, but at least it's entertaining. :) Anyway, we dole out our political embarrassment in different ways--creationists on science committees, etc.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
well, if they actually improve things, sure, that's great!

but if it happens, I expect them to fuck america over more, while their supporters stay ignorant and blame obama and/or other things for the country remaining in a shitty shape while a select wealthy group continue to exploit everyone else.

I'm not american or anything, but after reading all these republican articles, stories and threads, i seriously doubt they will improve anything. They sound like the biggest idiots in politics i have ever seen. And these guys could win. Everywhere i check, both Obama and Romney have almost an equal chance to win.

pigeon

Banned
Its just painful watching how convinced some ppl here are of O and B. I can agree if you are convinced of their politics but seriously B did not slaughter R. Open your eyes....there is a difference between winning the overall debate and winning because you dig their opinions. You gaffers saying B won, i understand if you mean it by him actually saying his politics straight out. But R was just as good with saying his stuff. A slaughter is when Romney tells his politics and Obama not even getting his ones out.

since B and R were on almost similiar levels in turns off getting their msgs out. whoevers u agree with will obviously win. Pls. stop this "if we act like B slaughtered R. eventually it will stick".

Gaf libs on debates etc:

R do +10. D do -5. Reaction: O did + 1 oh! mmmmmf R did +3.../ pffff so what if R did +10 ?!?!?!

R do +5. D do +7. Reaction: haha woooooooooot D did 10000+!!!!!! pffffr R did -5.hahahaha sucker

You did -3.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I'm speaking of the rehearsed laughter, the buffonery and the goofy faces.

If you think those shit-face grins and giggles weren't scripted, then I have a bridge...
Do you guys not realize that all of that was pre-planned? Maybe the UK isn't familiar with debates like this.

Jesus you really are a joke. You're giving Biden shit for being scripted because of his grins? Did you mute the TV every time Ryan opened his mouth? (I wouldn't blame you)

gdt

Gaf libs on debates etc:

que?

DynamicG

Jesus you really are a joke. You're giving Biden shit for being scripted because of his grins? Did you mute the TV every time Ryan opened his mouth? (I wouldn't blame you)

When you ask questions like this and respond to him, then you become a part of his troll.

As for the debate, Biden trying to be sincere in caring about solving any of this country's problems was one of the worst acting jobs ever seen on TV or film. Biden made Hayden Christensen's performance in Attack of the Clones look Oscar worthy. The guy looked completely like your stereotypical career politician, who will talk fast and loose, try to quickly change the subject when challenged, and say essentially anything to get reelected. The exact type of stereotype that independent America despises right now. Goodluck, Barry, on your buddy Joe helping you at all in Ohio. ;)

Have you ever seen the recordings of the House of Commons on CSPAN? Whichever side grunts, mumbles, and farts the loudest in that small room wins the argument over there. While it's much more entertaining than watching snoozeville Congress over here, it's also quite embarrassing seeing people in a supposedly "professional" setting act in such a manner. Then again, most politicians in the US are not capable of doing much more than mumbling and farting when it comes to solving our current and future massive budget problems.
I've watched bits and pieces of it. The first time I saw it, I thought I was watching a Monty Python skit.

My point to these UK guys is that this is not because Biden is more caring and emotional about issues. It was rehearsed. And stop calling me Jesus.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
As for the debate, Biden trying to be sincere in caring about solving any of this country's problems was one of the worst acting jobs ever seen on TV or film. Biden made Hayden Christensen's performance in Attack of the Clones look Oscar worthy. The guy looked completely like your stereotypical career politician, who will talk fast and loose, try to quickly change the subject when challenged, and say essentially anything to get reelected. The exact type of stereotype that independent America despises right now. Goodluck, Barry, on your buddy Joe helping you at all in Ohio. ;)

Wow, Biden really must have done a number on Ryan if you're going at it this hard.

Even his detractors don't doubt Biden's sincerity. You are really flailing hard here

RDreamer

I swear you live in a world where everything is completely opposite, because you just described Paul Ryan to me.

Klocker

I just hope Obama says the exact same thing to Romney during the next two debates. The hawkish neo-con position that we are "projecting weakness" and need to go further is truly a siren's song. It sounds very good (hell, who doesn't want a strong America to stand up to injustice) and it takes someone to go point by point to explain exactly what is being done and why going further is a dangerous idea for America. Romney and Ryan will get away with this neo-con hawkishness unless Obama forcefully calls them out on it ala Biden.

I hope so too because it is WAYYYYY more complex than the right is saying.. oh puff out your chest and CHANGE the MINDS of Ayatollahs... REALLY? that's your solution?

not to mention every single action (especially Middle East) has 20 reactions that all must be accounted for ... every comment, sanction, conversation, etc has ramifications worldwide especially in a culture where they want to die for "disrespecting" them. America may be mighty but I doubt we want to go toe to toe with shit going wrong here on our soil if we don't get this under control. and saying my dad can beat up your dad is not gonna do it.

just like the military... tanks? fucking more tanks and destroyers? really? we need more light quick special forces, body armor, surveilance equipment, protection of infrastructure and electric grids and computer networks far more than that corporate America Defense contractor welfare.

Wow, Biden really must have done a number on Ryan if you're going at it this hard.

Even his detractors don't doubt Biden's sincerity. You are really flailing hard here

This guy has zero bias.

What's the over-under for coherent sentences that Biden somehow produces for this debate?

It's looking like another percentage point or two boost in the polls for Team Romney after this inevitable slaughter.

What future massive budget problems?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Lmao. No Ryan supporter can possibly talk shit about BIDEN's grin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7PUEtDQsrc

Someone gif Ryan's face on this, please.

Done:

ib0ftqy535EBBH.gif

He should have said "current" massive budget problems ie: 1.09 Trillion dollar deficit (not counting some of Ben's accounting tricks making it closer to 1.3 Trillion but who's counting)

What is problematic about that? Can you articulate the problem? You have just given me a fact about the world. Like, if I say "Donkeys exist." And you say, "So?"

Klocker

He should have said "current" massive budget problems ie: 1.09 Trillion dollar deficit (not counting some of Ben's accounting tricks making it closer to 1.3 Trillion but who's counting)
you do realize that neither of bushe's wars were in the budget before Obama put them there because that's what adults do. So more mess from Bush and the right being assigned to Obama.

If I were the Dems I'd say republican George w bush five times in every conversation debate or speech

RDreamer

Would you also like to say "past" massive budget problems? Since we've had a debt for almost the entirety of our existence save for under the Jackson administration, and we've had very few times (exactly 7 periods) where we've actually pulled in a big surplus.

Can you prove historically that the current problem is any different than the past problem? And can you prove that bringing in a surplus would do us more good than harm, because I can prove that after nearly every one of those 7 periods we pulled in a surplus the economy crashed and we experienced a depression.

Bowdz

I hope so too because it is WAYYYYY more complex than the right is saying.. oh puff out your chest and CHANGE the MINDS of Ayatollahs... REALLY? that's your solution?

not to mention every single action (especially Middle East) has 20 reactions that all must be accounted for ... every comment, sanction, conversation, etc has ramifications worldwide especially in a culture where they want to die for "disrespecting" them. America may be mighty but I doubt we want to go toe to toe with shit going wrong here on our soil if we don't get this under control. and saying my dad can beat up your dad is not gonna do it.

just like the military... tanks? fucking more tanks and destroyers? really? we need more light quick special forces, body armor, surveilance equipment, protection of infrastructure and electric grids and computer networks far more than that corporate America Defense contractor welfare.

iUQsaEI35WLo3.gif

I've watched bits and pieces of it. The first time I saw it, I thought I was watching a Monty Python skit.

My point to these UK guys is that this is not because Biden is more caring and emotional about issues. It was rehearsed. And stop calling me Jesus.

Still in pain over the stunning defeat Ryan suffered last night I see. The only person that was scripted was Ryan, and he even failed to present the lines properly. Zingers falling flat left and right while Biden stomped him into the ground. Good times.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire

Wow

What a bunch of stuff

pretty telling Something Wicked had to wait till the day after to chime in, he knew he couldn't come in while Ryan's smoldering corpse was still fresh

cry some more

just like you'll be doing on election night

What is problematic about that? Can you articulate the problem? You have just given me a fact about the world. Like, if I say "Donkeys exist." And you say, "So?"

Well, it certainly sounds like a lot of debt, doesn't it? Why, I can invoke silly imagery about how our debt -- if stacked in $1 bills -- could go to the moon and back! Now, I don't know what that means, but I can only assume that it's a path that invariably leads to my grandson working in a Chinese labor camp. Do you want that, empty vessel? Do you?

RDreamer

Well, it certainly sounds like a lot of debt, doesn't it? Why, I can invoke silly imagery about how our debt -- if stacked in $1 bills -- could go to the moon and back! Now, I don't know what that means, but I can only assume that it's a path that invariably leads to my grandson working in a Chinese labor camp. Do you want that, empty vessel? Do you?

So what you're saying is that this high debt will lead to Americans taking Chinese jobs?

Let's keep building this baby to the moon!

I swear you live in a world where everything is completely opposite, because you just described Paul Ryan to me.

Ryan is a bit awkward, and yeah, he's clearly trying to hide the realities of his entitlement reform proposals... since the many in the country do not give a flying fuck about the future. To me, many of his proposals are absolutely necessary for America's budget crisis (or crises of the next couple decades), and so his dodging of questions to not rile up some selfish old people are acceptable to me. Obama and Biden will do nothing, but kick the can down the road.

Oh boy, here comes some more of that MMT drivel, which is basically the opposite of Ron Paul's "Audit the Fed!"/"cut all government spending" ultra-libertarian dogma, yet is equally moronic.

But if you want to stop being a politician by spouting vague and verbose epithets of pseudo-economics and give some real specifics and if you think the US government is not spending enough: how large of an annual US budget deficit do you want? 2 trillion? 3 trillion? 10 trillion?

Oh boy, here comes some more of that MMT drivel, which is basically the opposite of Ron Paul's "Audit the Fed!"/"cut all government spending" ultra-libertarian dogma, yet is equally moronic.

But if you want to stop being a politician by spouting vague and verbose epithets of pseudo-economics and give some real specifics and if you think the US government is not spending enough: how large of an annual US budget deficit do you want? 2 trillion? 3 trillion? 10 trillion?

What I want is for you to articulate the problem. What is the point of talking about something if you cannot even articulate your argument. You have given the conclusion to an argument: that our current and future massive budget are problems. I am asking you to give me the argument.

Can you prove historically that the current problem is any different than the past problem? And can you prove that bringing in a surplus would do us more good than harm, because I can prove that after nearly every one of those 7 periods we pulled in a surplus the economy crashed and we experienced a depression.

no he can't, and he (and his career-troll compatriot here) will continue to pretend MMT is pixie dust when it absolutely accounts for the latter

RDreamer

Ryan is a bit awkward, and yeah, he's clearly trying to hide the realities of his entitlement reform proposals... since the many in the country do not give a flying fuck about the future. To me, many of his proposals are absolutely necessary for America's budget crisis (or crises of the next couple decades), and so his dodging of questions to not rile up some selfish old people are acceptable to me. Obama and Biden will do nothing, but kick the can down the road.

Why exactly are his cuts to medicare and entitlements "absolutely necessary for America's budget crisis," but his expansions of military spending aren't, and his previous votes for extreme spending weren't?

How would he ever be able to give a specific number? That changes with time, and depends on where the money is being spent, the unemployment picture, and the economy as a whole. Even Krugman who's far from spouting "the opposite of Ron Paul's... ultra-libertarian dogma" was pressed on the same question if I remember correctly and couldn't give a specific answer for precisely that reason. At this point we're at an economic downturn, thus we should be spending more in order to get back on track. Years down the road when things are fine? Probably much less. This is situational.

Dude Abides

Banned
What I want is for you to articulate the problem. What is the point of talking about something if you cannot even articulate your argument. You have given the conclusion to an argument: that our current and future massive budget are problems. I am asking you to give me the argument.

You may as well ask your dog to do differential equations.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

It's true, the forum was more boring during your ban.

I'm 38 minutes into the VP debate. I thought Romney gave Bams a bruising the first go around, but this VP debate so far is a back alley curb stomping in Bidens favor.

Does it continue?

K.Sabot

I'm 38 minutes into the VP debate. I thought Romney gave Bams a bruising the first go around, but this VP debate so far is a back alley curb stomping in Bidens favor.

Does it continue?

I consider the first 30 minutes to be his weakest point, he manages to serious the fuck up later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom