• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 9 |OT| The Largest Cross-Dressing Convention of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayis

VALENTINA SAVED THE WHOLE THING! SHE DID THAT!
also, the producers probably egged them on to use the same looks just like they did last season

royalan

This commercial with Bob and Peppermint...

Am I the only one thinking that Peppermint is rocking the ramen hair from the daytime news challenge?

Shizuka

This commercial with Bob and Peppermint...

Am I the only one thinking that Peppermint is rocking the ramen hair from the daytime news challenge?

I thought the very same thing the first time that commercial aired, but I don't know if that's her real hair and thought that it could maybe come across as transphobic.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That lip sync was a mess. The moves didnt belong to the song. Im too disappointed this season with the lip syncs.

Rayis

FINALLY A GOOD FUCKIN' LIPSYNC! but why that song out of all Madonna songs?

ADIOS CUCU, YA ERA TU HORA! (it was your time)

Holmes

Rumored positions of the girls on reddit. Click at your own risk but no idea if this is true.

14th Place: Jaymes Mansfield (already confirmed.)
13th Place: Kimora Blac (already confirmed.)
12th Place: Charlie Hides (already confirmed.)
11th Place: Eureka (She leaves because her injury and Ru invites her to S10) (JUST CONFIRMED)
10th Place: Aja
9th Place: Cynthia Lee Fontaine
8th Place: Farrah Moan
7th Place: Valentina
6th Place: Nina Bo’Nina Brown
5th Place: Alexis Michelle
Top Four: Trinity Taylor
Top Four: Peppermint
Top Four: Shea Couleé
Top Four: Sasha Velour
Not true now.

Gradon

There were so many good
Madonna
songs they could've picked that wasn't
Music.
The lip sync was good, I enjoyed it. Goodbye
goodbye Cucu.

Episode was fun. Was floored that they put Sasha in the top, I thought she was gonna be squarely safe, lol. Alexis was great tho, and I'm a fan of hers, even though she's got a type A personality that would probably clash with mine in real life. :0

Peppermint hasn't been giving it this season like I hoped she would. Snatch Game was bad, and that lip sync was weird.

I feel like these queens are cool but none of them are like, clowns. Would have loved to see Katya, Jinkx or Alaska do that weird princess challenge, for example.

royalan

Ok, can we take a moment to talk about the bullshit hate RuPaul is getting now that
Mathu Anderson has left the show and Raven is now doing her makeup, and Delta Work her wigs?

I mean, I get it. Mathu's skills as a drag stylist are iconic, and he's been painting RuPaul's face for literally decades. But "different" doesn't mean "bad." Ru still looks like a vision every time she hits that runway. And I mean, if ANYBODY ELSE was going to do Ru's makeup, who better than Raven? Raven's paint literally changed modern drag. EVERYONE copies Raven's makeup.

But I'm seeing all the young queens on Twitter acting like Ru is walking down the runway looking like Bob or something. Like, get over it. Ru is still the fucking Supermodel of the World.

Vazra

I saw an article about it and sure the makeup is different but she still looks good. The wigs could be a bit better on some occasions but Ru still looks great.

EDIT: Found it

Vazra

Valentina
look was the laziest of them all.
Anyone can cut 2 strips of cardboard and censor their privates.

Farrah
as crappy as she has been on the show had the best look there.

Valentina
look was the laziest of them all.
Anyone can cut 2 strips of cardboard and censor their privates.

Farrah
as crappy as she has been on the show had the best look there.
Farrah had the best imitation, but Valentina at least had a vision and executed it in a way that elevated the source material rather than merely reproduce it.

Vazra

Farrah had the best imitation, but Valentina at least had a vision and executed it in a way that elevated the source material rather than merely reproduce it.

Ehhhh still not much effort went into it. Looked good and all but we had nude queens already in the show so its not even controversial.

Wilsongt

Ok, can we take a moment to talk about the bullshit hate RuPaul is getting now that
Mathu Anderson has left the show and Raven is now doing her makeup, and Delta Work her wigs?

I mean, I get it. Mathu's skills as a drag stylist are iconic, and he's been painting RuPaul's face for literally decades. But "different" doesn't mean "bad." Ru still looks like a vision every time she hits that runway. And I mean, if ANYBODY ELSE was going to do Ru's makeup, who better than Raven? Raven's paint literally changed modern drag. EVERYONE copies Raven's makeup.

But I'm seeing all the young queens on Twitter acting like Ru is walking down the runway looking like Bob or something. Like, get over it. Ru is still the fucking Supermodel of the World.

That nose contour is iconic and now everyone does it like Raven.

royalan

I feel like I would have liked Valentina's runway better if this were season 1 or 2. Then it would have had the "Shocking!" factor.

But this is season 9, and we've seen nudity on the main stage plenty of times before. It's not groundbreaking anymore.

So no, I can't give Valentina credit for taking two black cardboard cutouts and pasting them to her body. It was the safest, easiest, most boring Madonna look to do for this show. Because all you need to do to pull it off is have a twink body.

I mean, I would give her credit if she had at least painted her face to look like Madonna from that era. That would have shown some skill. But she didn't even do that. It was just Naked Valentina.

Vazra

I mean, I would give her credit if she had at least painted her face to look like Madonna from that era. That would have shown some skill. But she didn't even do that. It was just Naked Valentina.

This and very much this. If you going basic with the outfit go all out on make up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom