• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 9 |OT| The Largest Cross-Dressing Convention of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizuka

Rumored positions of the girls on reddit. Click at your own risk but no idea if this is true.

14th Place: Jaymes Mansfield (already confirmed.)
13th Place: Kimora Blac (already confirmed.)
12th Place: Charlie Hides (already confirmed.)
11th Place: Eureka (She leaves because her injury and Ru invites her to S10) (JUST CONFIRMED)
10th Place: Aja
9th Place: Cynthia Lee Fontaine
8th Place: Farrah Moan
7th Place: Valentina
6th Place: Nina Bo’Nina Brown
5th Place: Alexis Michelle
Top Four: Trinity Taylor
Top Four: Peppermint
Top Four: Shea Couleé
Top Four: Sasha Velour

Not sure how I feel about that top four.

Rumored positions of the girls on reddit. Click at your own risk but no idea if this is true.

11th Place: Eureka (She leaves because her injury and Ru invites her to S10) (JUST CONFIRMED)

NOT feeling this if so.

Wilsongt

If true, that confirms my thought on who the winner would be. Predictable.

Where can we watch the episode after it airs? Not seeing season 9 on Logo or VH1.

Buy it on Amazon, watch it live on a rerun, or watch shitty rips on youtube with messed up sound and picture to get past copyright.

Not sure what Logo/vH1's issue is with putting the episodes online this season. It's annoying as shit.

valeu

re: those positions.....it seems impossible that
valentina
isn't in the top 4 and would fail in 7th place

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Cynthia deserved the boot
surprised she got kim tbh

oh and jared >>>

HowZatOZ

Banned
This is worse than season 7, no one bar Nina are memorable and I'm really getting apathetic to watching this season. At least S7 you had Max.

Also, fuck this season purely for the purple. Yet again. No point watching and I'll just see who wins at the end because why bother watching when the runway can't be fucking watched.

royalan

Shea wins the episode for getting on that stage and doing The Chicken Head Dance from 2004. I LIVED!

srzwTXq.gif

Also, I was watching this episode in a bar and the purple light on the runway was ESPECIALLY BAD this episode. Like PS3 first year games bloom bad. EVERYONE in the bar clocked it. Whoever did the lighting for this season needs to not come back.

Also, STOP CUTTING THE RUNWAY SHORT. How can you be working on SEASON 9 of Drag Race and NOT know that THE MOTHERFUCKING RUNWAY is the BEST PART!? Seriously, the drag queen hosting the viewing party I was at clocked it and I totally agree: whoever is in charge of the editing this season a) is not gay, or even queer; and b) has never seen this show before in their life to know what makes it good.

I refuse to believe that spoiler.
there's no way Valentina and Nina go home THAT early, Peppermint lasts that long when she's ALREADY run out of drag looks, and Sasha's boring ass makes it in the top 3.
I'm not in the camp that thinks this season is terrible (editing issues and purple light aside), but this really would be the darkest timeline if THAT is the Top 4.

Also, it must be said again, Sasha Velour is boring.

Same for Alexis Michelle. Girl, that runway was season 2 real-girl bad. Studio 54 realness? L-O-L. I came into this season wanting like her, but for all the shit she talks her drag is college-sophomore-doing-drag-for-the-first-time-and-writing-a-paper-about-it awful.

I almost cried over
Eureka. I hated her in the first episode, and yeah girl needs to shut up sometimes. But the girl is GENUINE, talented, and LOVES drag and you can see her passion for it. I will always give it up for those girls. I hope she comes back and slays next season.

Farrah's lack of talent is embarrassing. If I were her I would have eliminated myself. And the look on her face tells me even she was thinking it.

On that note, Ru and the producers need to SAY NO to YouTube/Instagram queens for season 10. They're embarrassing and almost comically devoid of ACTUAL talent. Bring me some bitches who have actually worked the clubs.

EDIT: It might not be the most PC thing to say
because she had cancer
, but it needs to be said: Unlike
Eureka (and even Shangela)
, Cynthia went home at the right time in season 8 and it made no fucking sense to bring her back to annoy us with her cucu again. I tried to give her a chance to see if she grew, but nope. She's a wack queen. If ANYONE from her season deserved a redo it was Laila, because THAT BITCH fucking slays these days.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
This is first episode this season that I didn't watch live. What are my options today? Is it on Logo or VH1?

That lip sync was TRAGIC, omg!

A mess. Really disappointed with Farrah, I keep waiting for her Naomi Smalls moment and it never happens.

Also the moment Ru got up I knew who was going on. It just didn't make any sense to keep her around, way too much of a risk for the production company.

Pepiope

That lip sync was TRAGIC, omg!

A mess. Really disappointed with Farrah, I keep waiting for her Naomi Smalls moment and it never happens.

Also the moment Ru got up I knew who was going on. It just didn't make any sense to keep her around, way too much of a risk for the production company.
I am actually glad. Rather see her on a (hopefully) better season 10

Adaren

Alexis
is a turbo bitch on Untucked. The sooner she goes home, the better.

I am actually glad. Rather see her on a (hopefully) better season 10

Agreed.
It sucks that it happened, but at least she gets to be on two seasons and interact with two groups of queens. She's got a memorable arc, and I'd definitely prefer that she not spend the remainder of her Drag Race career hobbling down the runway on crutches. The cheerleading challenge was still a bad call, but sending Eureka home is making the best of a bad situation, and I'm sure it'll work out for her.

Wish I watched this episode downtown to see people's reactions to the two Austin queens having to showdown. People have been so hyped to see two queens repping our city (even though Farrah would rather call herself a Vegas girl... we claim her tbh)

I like these girls but I really do wish these runways were more exciting.

royalan

The cheerleading challenge didn't make Eureka do that terrible drop split tho...

You must flex and extend the leg as you go down, or else you drop right on your knee. I remember cringing when I watched her do that.

8NZ5prz.gif

Shizuka

The cheerleading challenge was a mess, but the princess one was also really awful. I'm definitely not feeling this season.

royalan

Honestly, a lot of these challenges in the later seasons are coming off as the straight person who's never been to a gig's take on what drag is.

The show's treating them less like drag queens and more like clowns. There's always been a blurred line between the two art forms of course, but there IS a line.

Shizuka

The best seasons for challenges were season five and six. That horror movie challenge is one of my favorite challenges ever.

royalan

The best seasons for challenges were season five and six. That horror movie challenge is one of my favorite challenges ever.

For me it's the season 2 stripper challenge, the first snatch game, and season 3's jock-to-drag makeover challenge (that episode also gave us the iconic Raja vs. Carmen Carrera lipsync).

The challenges in Season 2 were awesome: the stripper+ selling cherry PAH one, making ads for shortening
which was apparently used as lube in pre-Stonewall times IIRC
, DIS GROOB IS FOR MAH GURLS, the first ever Snatch Game, ...

Yeah, I think this season is treating the queens a bit like... clowns? at least for the Princess and this one challenge, I felt that way.

The GaGa Runway and the morning programme challenge were fine.

Not a single memorable lip sync. The challenges they havent done anything iconic and the only memorable moment so far has been on Untucked with the Valentina is Linda Evangelista stuff.

NO, YOU ARE DONE AND I WILL TELL YOU WHY YOU'RE DONE.

Eureka vs. Trinity was lowkey iconic tbh

royalan

I live for Nina on Untucked. She rarely says anything, but her faces and body language tell tales. lol

I DIED when she turned her back during
Alexis'
dumbass rant.

Speaking of...that might just be the dumbest rant in Drag Race herstory. Like, really gurl? I'm surprised nobody went off on her ass I sure would have. Nina's back turn was perfect.

B-Dex

I live for Nina on Untucked. She rarely says anything, but her faces and body language tell tales. lol

I DIED when she turned her back during
Alexis'
dumbass rant.

Speaking of...that might just be the dumbest rant in Drag Race herstory. Like, really gurl? I'm surprised nobody went off on her ass I sure would have. Nina's back turn was perfect.

Agreed getting mad about her own fashion choice because she didn't win. She needs to get her ego checked.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Anyone? It's neither on logo's app nor VH1's. :/
They haven't been uploading them to their apps. It's up on the DirecTV app/site if you're subbed to them though. If you're not, maybe check to see if your cable provider has it on their on demand catalog.

If they don't you can either buy it on iTunes/Amazon, look for a crappy bootleg version on YouTube, or look for the torrent download.

Rayis

If I were Farrah I'd have to told Alexis to fuck off and let me practice my lipsync cuz I ain't got no time to listen to a snotty rant about your fashion choices, also the lace on Valentina's wig, if she weren't safe I feel Michelle would have read her for that.

For me it's the season 2 stripper challenge, the first snatch game, and season 3's jock-to-drag makeover challenge (that episode also gave us the iconic Raja vs. Carmen Carrera lipsync).

To this day I still ship Alexis Mateo with Slava! he was so sweet and European ~

alexis' rant was some stupid shit lmao

it's literally not the other girls' job to tell you you look like shit

they even have cynthia this season who apparently DOES help people backstage so idk wtf she was complaining about

and then farrah was like "it's a nice dress but you put it under such a stunning coat" and then alexis as like "no, they read the dress because it was under such a beautiful coat" and i was like ummm

that's basically just what she said but okay

alexis' rant was some stupid shit lmao

it's literally not the other girls' job to tell you you look like shit

they even have cynthia this season who apparently DOES help people backstage so idk wtf she was complaining about

and then farrah was like "it's a nice dress but you put it under such a stunning coat" and then alexis as like "no, they read the dress because it was under such a beautiful coat" and i was like ummm

that's basically just what she said but okay

Alexis was playing victim more than Nina in that Untucked. Really think they're gonna put you in the bottom two just because they slagged your runway outfit? They dug the hell out of her performance. It was a bad runway look for sure, but it wasn't gonna tank her. It was clear from the critique that Cynthia and Farrah were bottom two. So it just seemed like Alexis wanted an excuse to complain. "I might lose because of the dress." C'mon now.

I literaly know nothing about drag or make up. But Aja has the worst make up I have ever seen on a drag queen. How did she get on the show if she can't even paint her face convinsingly.

Farrahs ass should of left after that terrible lip sync. What a sad excuse for a vegas show girl. And what is this reoccurring theme of vegas girls coming to the show with the same template only being able to sing, give looks and show body? It's so boring now...sheesh that entire lip sync was boring. Cynthia should also be ashamed of that elimination dance routine she tried...I mean girl 🙄 However, that Meghan trainor song is horrendous so I guess...

I'm sad eureka had to go because I lived for her 😔

Alexis irritates me. I can't believe she had the nerve to be mad that nobody wanted to tell her how basic her dress was. WAT? I just....ugh.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
The rays of jealousy towards Valentina in the first half of untucked were INTENSE. There's no way she's not toying with them too with her angelic, telenovela princess thing.

Mostly though: shut up Alexis. The spotlight for drama wasn't anywhere near her, there was no reason for her to go off on that insane rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom