• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live 40th Anniversary Special |OT| (Bill Murray, Eddie Murphy, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebo

Banned
Thought I'd get an OT going for Sunday night's 3 and half hour mega-episode. A cast made up of former members with a lot of hosts and multiple musical guests. Anyone else excited about this? Who thought we'd live to see the day of a new SNL episode with Joe Piscopo as a cast member and Kanye West as the musical guest?

snl-40.jpg

NBC
8-11:30 PM ET/PT
Sunday, 02/15/2015

A massive 3 and half hour long episode with a giant cast, multiple hosts, and a number of musical guests. Which are:

Full cast/host/musical guest list:
50 Cent
Adam Sandler
Aidy Bryant
Alec Baldwin
Amy Poehler
Andy Samberg
Arcade Fire
Backstreet Boys
Beck Bennett
Betty White
Bill Hader
Bill Murray
Billy Crystal
Bobby Moynihan
Bradley Cooper
Candice Bergen
Catherine Zeta-Jones
Cecily Strong
Charlie Day
Cheri Oteri
Chevy Chase
Chris Kattan
Chris Parnell
Chris Rock
Christopher Walken
Colin Jost
Colin Quinn
Dakota Johnson
Dan Aykroyd
Dana Carvey
Darrell Hammond
David Spade
Deborah Harry
Derek Jeter
Eddie Murphy
Edward Norton
Ellen Cleghorne
Elliott Gould
Elvis Costello
Emma Stone
Fiona Apple
Fred Armisen
Garrett Morris
George Lucas
Gilbert Gottfried
Glenn Close
Governor Sarah Palin
Horatio Sanz
J.K. Simmons
Jack Nicholson
Jack White
James Franco
Jane Curtin
Jason Sudeikis
Jay Pharaoh
Jerry Seinfeld
Jim Carrey
Jimmy Fallon
Joe Piscopo
John Goodman
Johnny Knoxville
Jon Bon Jovi
Jon Lovitz
Julia Sweeney
Justin Timberlake
Kanye West
Kate McKinnon
Keith Richards
Kenan Thompson
Kerry Washington
Kevin Nealon
Kristen Wiig
Kyle Mooney
Laraine Newman
Larry David
Leslie Jones
Louis C.K.
Ludacris
Martin Short
Maya Rudolph
Mayor Rudy Giuliani
Melissa McCarthy
Michael Che
Michael Douglas
Mike Myers
Miley Cyrus
Molly Shannon
Norm Macdonald
Paul McCartney
Paul Rudd
Paul Simon
Pete Davidson
Peyton Manning
Rachel Dratch
Rob Schneider
Robert De Niro
Sarah Silverman
Sasheer Zamata
Sean Hayes
Senator Al Franken
Seth Meyers
Sigourney Weaver
Steve Martin
Steven Spielberg
Taran Killam
Taylor Swift
Tim Meadows
Tina Fey
Tom Hanks
Vanessa Bayer
Victoria Jackson
Will Ferrell
Will Forte
Zach Galifianakis

Cheebo

Banned
And yes to those who are wondering the cast will be doing new sketches of classic characters. So expect to see new Coneheads, new Wild and Crazy Guys, new Waynes World, new Buckwheat, new Celebrity Jeopardy, etc...

Ultima_5

Cast:
Fred Armisen
Dan Aykroyd
Dana Carvey
Chevy Chase

Billy Crystal
Jane Curtin
Jimmy Fallon
Will Ferrell
Tina Fey
Will Forte

Ana Gasteyer
Bill Hader
Norm Macdonald
Tim Meadows
Seth Meyers
Garrett Morris
Eddie Murphy
Bill Murray
Mike Myers

Kevin Nealon
Laraine Newman
Joe Piscopo
Amy Poehler
Colin Quinn
Chris Rock
Maya Rudolph
Andy Samberg
Adam Sandler
Molly Shannon

Martin Short
David Spade
Jason Sudeikis
Kristen Wiig

Hosts:
Alec Baldwin
Jim Carrey

Dane Cook
Bradley Cooper
Miley Cyrus
Robert De Niro
James Franco
Zach Galifianakis
Jon Hamm

Tom Hanks
Derek Jeter
Peyton Manning
Steve Martin
Melissa McCarthy
Jack Nicholson
Edward Norton
Paul Rudd
Jerry Seinfeld
Emma Stone
Justin Timberlake
Christopher Walken
Kerry Washington
Betty White

Musical Guests:
Paul McCartney
Paul Simon
Taylor Swift
Kanye West

Will watch for the bolded. hope it's decent

Cheebo

Banned
Jeeeez at the hosts. Buttload of star power in that column alone

Honestly I think it is too many hosts for this possibly. Should have just been the big 5-timer hosts like Martin, Baldwin, Walken, Timberlake, Hanks, etc. As long as we get Bill Murray doing a new Nick the Longe Singer sketch I am happy though...

border

I am pretty surprised that they asked Chevy Chase to appear.

http://snl.wikia.com/wiki/Chevy_Chase

Chase returned eight times over the years to host the show, but was notorious for his highly verbally abusive treatment of the cast and crew over the years. In 1985, for example, he suggested a sketch where openly gay cast member Terry Sweeney had AIDS, and the sketch showed viewers how much weight he lost every week.

When Chase returned to host the February 15, 1997 episode, his behavior caused him to be the 12th person banned from the show. During dress rehearsal, after a week of dishing out abuse to several cast members, he slapped Cheri Oteri in the back of the head. While he swore it was meant as a joke, a furious Will Ferrell complained to Lorne Michaels, who decided that it was the final straw.

The app they just released is a godsend. I've been waiting for a way to rewatch classic SNL skits.

But really, I just want one thing from this special: WAYNES WORLD, PARTY TIME, EXCELLENT

Was Peyton Manning a good host? Its the only name on the list that seems out of place.

Anyway.. Really hyped for this. Been watching the marathon the last two weeks.

And the app they just released is awesome.

Chase returned eight times over the years to host the show, but was notorious for his highly verbally abusive treatment of the cast and crew over the years. In 1985, for example, he suggested a sketch where openly gay cast member Terry Sweeney had AIDS, and the sketch showed viewers how much weight he lost every week.

When Chase returned to host the February 15, 1997 episode, his behavior caused him to be the 12th person banned from the show. During dress rehearsal, after a week of dishing out abuse to several cast members, he slapped Cheri Oteri in the back of the head. While he swore it was meant as a joke, a furious Will Ferrell complained to Lorne Michaels, who decided that it was the final straw.

He's returned multiple times since then, not as host but at least some appearances.

Cheebo

Banned

There would not be a SNL anniversary show without him. He is one of the 5 most important cast members in the shows history without question. There would not be a SNL without Chevy Chase. He is the reason the show took off.

I bet Weekend Update will be Chevy, Norm, Kevin Nealon, Colin Quinn, Jimmy, Tina and Amy all sitting at a looooong desk. Too bad Dennis Miller is such a crazy asshole. They still should've had him back for this, though.

Just thought a 50th anniversary death pool. Not that any of the cast members are so old that theyd surely be dead in 10 years..but we are gonna lose some of them, sadly.

Actually, it's too bad that the late 80's SNL is so decimated. Dennis Miller, Nora Dunn, Jon Lovitz and Victoria Jackson not invited, and Phil Hartman and Jan Hooks gone :(

It's basically just Dana Carvey, Kevin Nealon and Mike Myers from that era.

ElTopo

Banned
I bet Weekend Update will be Chevy, Norm, Kevin Nealon, Colin Quinn, Jimmy, Tina and Amy all sitting at a looooong desk. Too bad Dennis Miller is such a crazy asshole. They still should've had him back for this, though.

I never liked Quinn. Dude never made me laugh. Nealon was great and I don't remember enough of the Miller run. But the best thing Quinn ever did was Tough Crowd on Comedy Central and that was because of the participation of the other (better) New York comedians.

I never liked Quinn. Dude never made me laugh. Nealon was great and I don't remember enough of the Miller run. But the best thing Quinn ever did was Tough Crowd on Comedy Central and that was because of the participation of the other (better) New York comedians.

I agree with that. I never really found him funny on WU either, and I agree on Tough Crowd.

But that said, his last HBO special from a few years ago called Long Story Short finally made him click with me. It's really good.

Cheebo

Banned
Yeah there was no chance Dennis Miller would ever come back. Lorne Michaels banned for life after he went full on Fox News, a lot more serious of a ban than the semi-one that Chase or Macdonald had.

Victoria Jackson, Dennis Miller, and Damon Wayans are the 3 who are banned for life no matter what regardless of big anniversary specials.

Yeah there was no chance Dennis Miller would ever come back. Lorne Michaels banned for life after he went full on Fox News, a lot more serious of a ban than the semi-one that Chase or Macdonald had.

Victoria Jackson, Dennis Miller, and Damon Wayans are the 3 who are banned for life no matter what regardless of big anniversary specials.

What did Victoria and Damon do to get banned?

EDIT: So she went full Tea Party, but I can't find anything on Wayans. And it seems a bit petty to ban Jackson just because of her political ideas, so it might be something more.

Cheebo

Banned
What did Victoria and Damon do to get banned?

Victoria Jackson due to her extreme anti-homosexual views. Damon Wayans for intentionally ruining a sketch when he decided to quit the show.

There are some cast membes that their respective casts hated that won't come back for those reasons (namely Rob Schieder, Jay Mohr, and Chris Kattan for example).

Victoria Jackson due to her extreme anti-homosexual views. Damon Wayans for intentionally ruining a sketch when he decided to quit the show.

Ah, there we go. Jackson's political views clashing is one thing, but her being anti homosexual would put her in a bad spot with Lorne.

And what is the Wayans thing? Was it while the show was airing or something?

EDIT: I see the post above mine as I was responding. Thank you.

Cheebo

Banned
Ah, there we go. Jackson's political views clashing is one thing, but her being anti homosexual would put her in a bad spot with Lorne.

And what is the Wayans thing? Was it while the show was airing or something?

Yep, happened live.

And yeah Miller and Jackson would result in boycotts from a lot of the cast members they do want back so there is no way to work that out.

I haven't watched SNL in such a long time but I'm really excited for this.

I hope they have a Sprokets skit..

Too bad Al Franken isn't on that list, I'd love to see another Daily Affirmations, the one with Michael Jordan is one of the most memorable skits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom