• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live 40th Anniversary Special |OT| (Bill Murray, Eddie Murphy, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotrock

Banned
B98DQ4pCYAENWQz.jpg

Awesome.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Saw a handful of old cast members that didn't get a spot. Like the red haired lady from Men In Black.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I enjoyed it. I felt like Jeopardy would remain the highlight, and it did, but that's okay because it was just that good. I would've liked maybe, say, 10% more live stuff instead of clips, but I think the overall package was very well done.

subrock

Really enjoyed that. Was expecting to be more cynical about it, but I got some genuine feels from it. Props to all those funny people.

I enjoyed the majority of that. Eddie Murphy was a huge disappointment and a few things fell flat but it was great to see all the old cast members killing it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Norm Macdonald at the Bob Saget Roast is the funniest thing I've ever seen.
I wish this was still on Netflix; I watched it so many times. Easily the best of the modern Comedy Central roasts.

I was really looking forward to an awkward reunion between Bill Murray and Chevy Chase, but I didn't see Murray in the crowd.

Didn't see Murphy either. I'm assuming he left immediately after his appearance.

It's sad thinking how different the 45 year will be, let alone the 50th.
I don't think they'll be able to do another retrospective show like this again. 45 will be too soon and by 50 at least some of these folks won't be able to cut it. Although... Betty White was there, so...

Josh5890

I don't think they'll be able to do another retrospective show like this again. 45 will be too soon and by 50 at least some of these folks won't be able to cut it. Although... Betty White was there, so...

Lets be honest, Betty White will still be around at the 50th anniversary.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Fantastic show all around except for The Californians, which is exhibit A as to how Lorne is out of touch with what is funny today. Every time that sketch aired first in a show you knew you were in for a terrible night.

vatstep

I failed at Jeopardy. Normally I'm good at spotting the one that Connery is going to screw with, but I missed both.
I got Whore Ads right away, but Le Tits Now was unexpected and amazing.

Zoolader

The show started with an awesome first sketch and then immediately stumbled with that awful Californians sketch. After that it was a mixed bag and half of the show was lukewarm. They had all that talent there and so many of them just gave a boring speech or weren't used at all. I would have liked to seen more sketches as a lot of stuff felt like filler. It was overall a decent show and it was great seeing so many great talents get together for something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom