• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Thank you ZealousD for the Previous Threads
threadbanner2.gif

-> Click here for the first Official Thread |OT| <-

-> Click here for the second Official Thread |OT2| <-

NeoGAF Night
lOAXv.png
The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Star Battle>
<City of Tempest>
<Mafia>
<MineralZ>

Mumble + Stream
-Corran's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Vaultrin's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vaultrin21
-Mumble Info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065

MUMBLE INFORMATION:​
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739
Backup server: IP = 67.23.187.114 and port = 20198
Download Here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/
NeoGAF Thread: Click Here

Active Tournament Threads:​

GSL - Global Starcraft II League November 2011 + Team Ace

NASL Season 2

Completed Tournament Threads:​
NeoGAF Tournys

//: NeoGAF 2011 Starcraft II Summer Invitational Tournament

//: NeoGAF 2011 Starcraft II OPEN Tournament

//: NeoGAF 2011 Starcraft II Invitational Tournament

GSL - Global Starcraft 2 League
Global Starcraft II Team League (GSTL) Season 1

GSL - Global Starcraft II League October 2011 + Arena of Legends

GSL - Global Starcraft II League August 2011

GSL - Global Starcraft II League July 2011

GSL - Global Starcraft 2 League - Super Tournament 2011

Global Starcraft II Team League (GSTL) May

GSL - Global Starcraft II League May 2011

StarCraft II GSL World Championship Seoul 2011

2nd Generation Intel Core Global Starcraft II League March

Sony Ericsson Global StarCraft II League Jan.

GomTV Season 3 Thread

GomTV Season 2 Thread

GomTV Season 1 Thread

Other

NASL - North American Star League - Season 1

NeoGAF Streams:​
*Want yours listed here? PM/Post my way.

NeoGAF VODs​
*Make Videos of SC2 games and want it added here? PM/Post my way.

Popular Professional Streams:​
  • TeamLiquid Stream List - Professionals are usually featured.
  • Day9 - Day9 Dailies provide educational advice to help gamers get better, as well as casts many games.
  • EG.Idra - One of the top zerg players in the world. GG
  • EG.Incontrol - Popular Protoss player
  • Destiny - Popular Zerg player.

Popular Youtube Channels:​
  • Husky - Shoutcaster
  • HD Starcraft - Shoutcaster
  • PsyStarcraft - Shoutcaster with Zerg analyst
  • Artosis - GSL Code S Caster with some analytical casting.
  • Day9 - Same material as his Day9 Dailies but on Youtube.
  • Nevake - TL's Professional Korean Starcraft Broodwar Channel. Want to watch some Korean Pros play BW? Here is the place.

Useful Links​
  • TeamLiquid - The biggest foreign Starcraft Website. Host to any type of information about Starcraft.
  • TeamLiquid Liquidpedia - TL's Wiki site for SC2. Good resource for build orders and tournament information.
  • WellPlayed - New SC2 site to produce useful information as well as content.

Hall of Shame/Fame?​
Official Thread 1
sc2gafpostcount.jpg

Official Thread 2
sc2otpost.jpg

In the end...Zerg is OP~
simpsonponysc2.gif

/rage quit

mcrae

wheres the *thx to mcrae for threatening to steal the OP post so i put in extra effort to make mine awesome disclaimer?

anyone tried the civilization saphhire custom game? fun times.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
given how much heavier individual posters are weighted in ot2, we must have lost alot of people. :(

Thoraxes

Watching SC2 on GSL has been very interesting in that it's helped me go from being a novice who didn't know what a pylon was to someone who can play online and enjoy himself when he plays.

Though, I still will never understand how the pros can get such ridiculous APM. They're crazy.

Pandaman said:
given how much heavier individual posters are weighted in ot2, we must have lost alot of people. :(
Well it's lost that new game smell a long time ago, i would expect Hots OT1 to go by pretty quickly.

V_Arnold

Pandaman said:

But look at the bright side, ChronicleX now does not have such a high position, so overall post quality went up, judging by those.

Lace

The game has definitely lost a huge portion of players, over these past few months. I feel like switching over to protoss would help keep the game fresh to me. It's just finally deciding to do it that's holding me back.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
ribbonlace said:
The game has definitely lost a huge portion of players, over these past few months. I feel like switching over to protoss would help keep the game fresh to me. It's just finally deciding to do it that's holding me back.
Not really surprising, most people on GAF just jump from game to game.

V_Arnold said:
But look at the bright side, ChronicleX now does not have such a high position, so overall post quality went up, judging by those.

How does Pandaman making this the Unofficial My Little StarPony topic make the situation any better?
Also you hate LAN so you are worse than the pair of them, boo!

V_Arnold

Void Insanity said:
How does Pandaman making this the Unofficial My Little StarPony topic make the situation any better?

So, you are already revealing yourself as ChronicleX? At least you made some effort with the hiding in the previous thread :D

Deadman said:
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/ib2nv/the_last_piece_of_evidence_re_sotg_eg/

So maybe eg really did tell incontrol to leave sotg. Even after saying they didnt.

Shady, shady business, I say. StarCraft II pro scene right now is a combined effort of several, not neccessarily aligned (money/future-wise) parties, where Gom took the effort to make GSL/MLG joint happen, this is the worst decision that EG could make, it only leads to separation and cliques.

V_Arnold said:
So, you are already revealing yourself as ChronicleX? At least you made some effort with the hiding in the previous thread :D
No, I been lurking for around a year or so now and watched the whole debate between you two unfold. While his rage was OTT and uncalled for I still consider him right and you wrong on the subject. No-one in that topic was supporting you, they were all just emitting hate at him. The topic's very own Justin Bieber, which was one of the few things that kept the place entertaining. That and Yoshi smashing things.

V_Arnold

Void Insanity said:
No, I been lurking for around a year or so now and watched the whole debate between you two unfold and while his rage was OTT and uncalled for I still consider him right and you wrong on the subject. No-one in that topic was supporting you, they were all just emitting hate at him. The topic's very own Justin Bieber.

Oh, do not worry man, I need no support upon that matter, as I am content with the way this game works right now. There is no right and wrong in this matter, there is current SCII state, there are desired states - and unless you consider "free SCII for everyone, unlimited name/region change, free lan, etc" a desired state and one that is within reason, then you would know that there are things that are simply not worth it for Blizzard right now, and therefore raging about the lack of that is a waste of time.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Void Insanity said:
well, there hasnt been any changes in my position so nothing is better or worse.

plus anyone who complains will just get 5-0'd by me.
its good being THE STRONGEST.
shutup paz

V_Arnold said:
Oh, do not worry man, I need no support upon that matter, as I am content with the way this game works right now. There is no right and wrong in this matter, there is current SCII state, there are desired states - and unless you consider "free SCII for everyone, unlimited name/region change, free lan, etc" a desired state and one that is within reason, then you would know that there are things that are simply not worth it for Blizzard right now, and therefore raging about the lack of that is a waste of time.
I am content with how the game "works" when it decides to work but since my main enjoyment of SC2 comes from watching it and LAN plays a big part in it's evolution, it's bullshit. I have seen several games that epic, close, OMFG, etc that were down to the wire, ruined because Bnet decided to sneeze.

Not including LAN is as childish and backwards as not supporting mods. Blizzards whole reason for not adding LAN is so people could not pirate and play online via a WAN mod but there is no reason, no reason at all for there not to be LAN as part of bnet. Blizzard has no excuse for there not to be a feature for custom games that can detect everyone is on LAN and enable it. I can go on WC3 bnet right now and do this. I can host a game online through battlenet, have players from battlenet OR lan join then start the game disconnected from battlenet. Everyone gets resolved P2P.

Blizzard is only hindering SC2 with technical issues and increased latency with their attitude, they could resolve it in 10 minutes.

Edit - Now that I think about this more, I am even more annoyed at blizzard. It's up there with Riot games not adding replays or an observer mode in LoL but their excuse is they operate on Valve time.

V_Arnold

Pandaman said:
well, there hasnt been any changes in my position so nothing is better or worse.

plus anyone who complains will just get 5-0'd by me.
its good being THE STRONGEST.
shutup paz

Hah, even I took ONE game off you! 2-1, huh! (
your play is still inspirational, keep up the good struggle as a fellow zerg *salutes*
)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
V_Arnold said:
Hah, even I took ONE game off you! 2-1, huh! (
your play is still inspirational, keep up the good struggle as a fellow zerg *salutes*
)
i just dont understand why my patented fast expo, no roach, no baneling, no speedling build isn't taking zvz by storm.

i maek thor said:
1v1 Jungle Basin
Come at me
*adds to ignore list*

yep, THE STRONGEST. totally dont lose to mass thor for free. it would never happen.
ever.

i can just make infestors now anyway

Void Insanity said:
No, I been lurking for around a year or so now and watched the whole debate between you two unfold. While his rage was OTT and uncalled for I still consider him right and you wrong on the subject. No-one in that topic was supporting you, they were all just emitting hate at him. The topic's very own Justin Bieber, which was one of the few things that kept the place entertaining. That and Yoshi smashing things.

Please don't hate on The Biebs.

Garryk

I just got SC2 and wanted to know what are some good podcasts, guides, videos, etc. to check out.

Also, is GAF night still pretty active/noob friendly?

V_Arnold

BTW I must be the only person on earth who types the whole "Hi, have a good game!" out between 9 supply drone and the first overlord :p

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
V_Arnold said:
BTW I must be the only person on earth who types the whole "Hi, have a good game!" out between 9 supply drone and the first overlord :p

Psh, I don't have time for those kinds of pleasantries.

I need to mash the E key as fast as possible.

ultron87

V_Arnold said:

That pleasant of a greeting on ladder would just make me think that you are 6 pooling.

WedgeX

Banned
First replay of the new thread!

My marine tank beats his marine tank + bc. Made one stupid push on my part.

Jeff-DSA

I think I've finally gotten a handle on using Ghosts against Infestors. A dude I was playing against rage quit when I EMP blasted his group of Infestors as they came into the battle.

ultron87 said:
That pleasant of a greeting on ladder would just make me think that you are 6 pooling.

Haha, it's usually true that it's either some 6pool or cheese. I had a guy even type "GG" as I went to go send my scouting SCV out and I caught his stream of drones coming into my base. He still lost.

Keikaku

I just played my first game since getting into Platinum. It was against a Top 8 Gold Protoss and all I can say is: Infestors are pretty good yo! He went for a Blink Stalker/Immortal/Archon mix. Turns out that NP and fungal are really good against that composition :p

This game also marked the first time that I ever used Ultras in a ladder game. They're pretty nice too, especially when you have Immortals on your side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom