• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6: fap without fear thread (GONE GOLD)

Aggelos

If the game is kept in its basic form with no major updates like Tekken 5, Yotoriyama and Project Soul will be happy to see that demand for Soul Calibur IV will skyrocket – a similar phenomenon observed for Soul Calibur II when Tekken 4 caused a mass exodus away from the Tekken series.

How true!
And with the SC4 release date preceding the one of T6......
Tekken project team please fix & upgrade

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MarkMan said:
Guess we'll find out on the 9th, or sooner... ^_^
Ooh shiiiit! Gonna read now!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Look what I got!

Oh and I got this today!

2153407586_14d6010f18.jpg

!

If you guys haven't seen... The lineup for Tougeki 2008/Super Battle Opera 6 have been announced...

Here's the list:

SDTEKKEN.COM said:
* Tougeki 2007 - Super Battle Opera Game List:
* Arcana Heart 2 - 1 VS 1
* Guilty Gear XX Accent Core - 3 VS 3
* The King of Fighters ‘98 Ultimate Match - 1 VS 1
* Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - 3 VS 3
* Super Street Fighter II TURBO - 2 VS 2
* Tekken 6 - 3 VS 3
* Virtua Fighter 5 Ver. C - 3 VS 3
* Hokuto No Ken - 1 VS 1
* Melty Blood Actress Again - 2 VS 2

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
SBO/Tougeki is in August 2008 I think...

Tekken 6 is supposedly on track for Feb. now... for international.

Dali

Are they making an homage to Sub Zero with some of those Lee customizations? They almost duplicated the shitty Sub Zero design perfectly. Good job team!

LowParry

They're really going all out with the customizations with Tekken 6. And that's just the arcade version. I can't imagin what more (if they do) put into the console version. I've seen the one with Jack where he's go that constructions looking arms. Fucking awesome. I check every day for new vids. The game is looking very hot. Doubt I'll get to play it in any arcade since they're so little of them here so I'll have to wait on the console version later.

LowParry

Dali said:
Are they making an homage to Sub Zero with some of those Lee customizations? They almost duplicated the shitty Sub Zero design perfectly. Good job team!

It's actually armor based off the Tekken Force guards. Although you are right. Sub Zero am cry.

FordStang

I want to buy Tekken 5 to DL on my PS3, but I think I rather wait for 6. That game is going to be awesome. I wonder what will be better between that and SF IV

MarkMan said:
SBO/Tougeki is in August 2008 I think...

Tekken 6 is supposedly on track for Feb. now... for international.

'International'...by that you mean sending arcade units to other countries (obviously not the US).

GrayFoxPL

FordStang said:
I want to buy Tekken 5 to DL on my PS3, but I think I rather wait for 6. That game is going to be awesome. I wonder what will be better between that and SF IV

Then you'll wait almost a year or so.

There's no reason not to get T5 DR now. It's the best tekken to date along with Namcos best soundtrack. And you will need T5 skills to play T6 well anyway.

Btw. I agree with SD Tekken review of T6. After watching 100 of match videos I must say that even if bound system looked fun at first, now it just does the game wrong. Tekken was pretty juggle centric game but now it's just too much. It's all about hitting with launcher and doing 1-2 most efective combo that lasts half an hour. I'm afraid that T6 just went the wrong way. And look how funny it's now: old tekkens had few stuns and you had to work to make them happen. Now everything that isn't a jab stunts and what good does it make when everyone's going for launchers and bounds! I'm not happy. If only T4 didn't receive such a backslash, things would be different now.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
MarkMan said:
Some Tekken 6 customizations:

2157017637_2439fb50e9_b.jpg

2157813208_c1263c8c2e_o.jpg

2157016775_fbb9f58527_o.jpg

2157016205_d8c73854fc_o.jpg

That stuff just made me awaken! Thats some good stuff hellz yah! Oh question is the customization interface this time going to have a Menu with graphics on how to customize you character or is it going to be like Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection just a list and then you find out when you play.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Did a few updates to the site... I'll try to do scans this week, I was sick over the weekend! X_X

Check out the 1 hour 25 min ranking battle from Gamer's VISION!

www.sdtekken.com !

I wish this game came out internationally already!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
It looks like the FIRST Tekken 6 arcade machine has touched down in North America!

Though, unconfirmed, many sources are stating it is here!... I will confirm by Thursday...

AAK

What? Wasn't there like an official February release?

But who cares..... Heck YEAH!!!

Now if only this came to Ottawa......

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
More information regarding the two Tekken 6 arcade units in Canada. The machines are in Toronto, at Lovegetty Station at Commerce Gate Mall off of Leslie and Highway 7.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
onemic said:
So they've now made Jin some evil, arrogant bastard? Damn it!

I blame his family just look at it, Crazy ass enslaved Great Grandpa, Obsessed crazy power hungry grandpa, deadbeat gone missing father so yeah the apple does not fall far away from the tree!

Btw I asked this question before but no one answer, when you customize you character with different clothes and accessories and what not is there an interface where you can see what you put on before you actually equip it or is it like Tekken 5 Dark resurrection for the Ps3 were you get a list and you find out what you got once you start the match?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
TORONTO REPRESENT!

Elbrain: No one can say because only the JPN arcade version is out, and you have to equip everything via cellphone.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Reno said:
TORONTO REPRESENT!

Elbrain: No one can say because only the JPN arcade version is out, and you have to equip everything via cellphone.

?!?! That is some crazy stuff then hopefully they will have a GUI for customization and not just a list for the Ps3 version.

AAK

Oichi

You're jealous! j/k

Lovegetty is known for getting Japanese titles so it's not surprising. They're also one of the only arcades that has VF4 Final Tuned in North America, which was totally surprising when I first heard about that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My stomach hurts so fucking much when I read about Tekken 6...

Oichi

That combo isn't too bad though... you need to be in rage, plus have a wall nearby, plus be on top of a breakable floor... lots of things need to be present. Still, it's a 100% combo lol:lol

Top Bottom