• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6: fap without fear thread (GONE GOLD)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yea, that combo is VERY situational....

I mean VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY situational... the odds of actually landing the exact same combo in a match would be slimmest slim slim to none....

llTll

Banned
Reno said:
That combo isn't too bad though... you need to be in rage, plus have a wall nearby, plus be on top of a breakable floor... lots of things need to be present. Still, it's a 100% combo lol:lol

not to mention the fact that jack 6 is huge and slow

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
llTll said:
not to mention the fact that jack 6 is huge and slow

Jack is huge, but he is not slow. He has the same speed generic moves as everyone else (frame wise) and has one of the quickest low pokes in the game. Also has a fast WS launcher.

Now he may 'look slow' but he definitely isn't...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
There won't be a death combo out in the open at all... it absolutely needs walls...

And T6 may come out sooner than END of 2008...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MarkMan said:
There won't be a death combo out in the open at all... it absolutely needs walls...

And T6 may come out sooner than END of 2008...
I swear, if any of you see me offline from PSN when T6 is released, I'll send you $10 to Paypal. Please, release it 2008 Namco!

LowParry

Seiken said:
I swear, if any of you see me offline from PSN when T6 is released, I'll send you $10 to Paypal. Please, release it 2008 Namco!

As stated from Namco, Soul Calibur 4 will be released first, then Tekken 6. So chances are, we'll see it around the Fall time of this year. It will be a 2008 release though. I mean c'mon. The arcade release is already out. We've already seen Tekken 6 being run on PS3 hardware from the XMB that was shown. It'll come this year. I have no doubt in it. Oct. - Nov. is my guess.

Jagernaut

CcrooK said:
As stated from Namco, Soul Calibur 4 will be released first, then Tekken 6. So chances are, we'll see it around the Fall time of this year. It will be a 2008 release though. I mean c'mon. The arcade release is already out. We've already seen Tekken 6 being run on PS3 hardware from the XMB that was shown. It'll come this year. I have no doubt in it. Oct. - Nov. is my guess.

Wait, SC4 will get a home release before Tekken 6 even though Tekken 6 was released to the arcades first? Are they not doing an arcade version of SC4? I thought i read somewhere that Tekken 6 was coming to the PS3 in spring 2008. I was going to skip Tekken 5: DR because i thought Tekken 6 was right around the corner.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Any news guys? I want it DAILY.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Seiken said:
Any news guys? I want it DAILY.

Facepalm.jpg

Yoshichan

What's the matter? Gameplay movies, super combo vids, screenshots, overall information etc, usually shows up everyday for Tekken 6. It's not FFXIII.

Dali

Seiken said:
What's the matter? Gameplay movies, super combo vids, screenshots, overall information etc, usually shows up everyday for Tekken 6. It's not FFXIII.
It's poor form to bump threads just to ask if anything is new. Markman among others have been on top of posting anything new or interesting, so you don't really need to ask... they'll post it if they have it. You can also go to SDtekken.com (to which markman is a contributor) or tekkenzaibatsu.com instead of needlessly bumping, FFR.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Yeah, exactly. There are tons of Japanese sites with lots of match vids and whatnot... and a lot of them have already been linked in this thread. Don't complain if stuff isn't updated here daily, sheesh. Why not bookmark MarkMan's site and visit that every day instead of posting here?

Also, to make this post somewhat relevant, it seems that there are no less than six characters with death combos, but they all require wall + floor break requirements:lol At least it's not TOTALLY broken!

Yoshichan

kay

Lili has maybe the greatest hair animation I have ever seen in a game.

click for animated

It doesn't appear to have clipping problems, moves around nicely and looks like it actually bounces off her back. Dare I say it, poetry in motion.

kay

zoukka said:
Dare say it`s not using any physics.

Doesn`t make it any less impressive though.
Of course it uses physics; if it didn't, it would either be stiff or move in set patterns.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yea just keep checking my site and youtube channel, I update it whenever I can.

Arcadia scans are going up tonight(finally!), I lagged on it and pushed the project on n8nmonster lol.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
kay said:
Lili has maybe the greatest hair animation I have ever seen in a game.

click for animated

It doesn't appear to have clipping problems, moves around nicely and looks like it actually bounces off her back. Dare I say it, poetry in motion.

Aww yeah that is freaking nice after playing Darkressurection she has become one of my new favorite characters. It used to be Kazuya, Kempachi, and Law. Now it's Asuka, Lili, and Kenpachi.

Caddle

We are up to tekken 6 and still they can't make the characters walk. Look at Dead or Alive they look more natural walking instead of dragging one leg behind them. The animation for hit reaction fighting on different surfaces and height is also represented better in Dead OR Alive. Tekken looks so jerky in comparison.

Caddle said:
We are up to tekken 6 and still they can't make the characters walk. Look at Dead or Alive they look more natural walking instead of dragging one leg behind them. The animation for hit reaction fighting on different surfaces and height is also represented better in Dead OR Alive. Tekken looks so jerky in comparison.

Tekken is basically still the same 32 bit fighter it's always been.

LowParry

Caddle said:

Too bad the majority of DOA characters look pretty much the same in terms of their faces and boring personalities.

KTallguy

Banned
MarkMan said:
Yea but how about that Dead or Alive gameplay and awesome competitive fanbase.... :)

:lol

Man, these Tekken 6 vids are NicoNico are hawt. I'll have to start learning how to wave dash. I wish more people played VF5 :(

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Caddle said:

Well some one wanna bust out with the backhanding our what there is so much wrong here I don't even know where to start.

llTll

Banned
Caddle said:

i dont know. in real boxing match. do the fighters walk toward each other or they STEP closer to each other. ?

as a matter of fact. if you are going to fight someone and he is 1.5 meter close to you. i highly doubt you want to "walk" toward him... unless you want him to spit on ur face when you are on the ground :/

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
KTallguy said:
:lol

Man, these Tekken 6 vids are NicoNico are hawt. I'll have to start learning how to wave dash. I wish more people played VF5 :(

I truly wish more ppl played VF5 too. I'd kill for the VF community/competitive scene to be as big as Tekken's...

The community is what keeps me going, even through the shitty/unbalanced times...

llTll

Banned
speaking of that.

why Tekken 5 DR online is dead?

i have tried many times to play online but there is no one to play with :/

LowParry

llTll said:
speaking of that.

why Tekken 5 DR online is dead?

i have tried many times to play online but there is no one to play with :/

I get games every day going. It takes like 2 refreshes and I get a full list.

MarkMan said:
I truly wish more ppl played VF5 too. I'd kill for the VF community/competitive scene to be as big as Tekken's...

The community is what keeps me going, even through the shitty/unbalanced times...

Confirmed. I think VF5 is frankly a much better game than T6, but I still find myself playing T6 as much or more because it has twice the competition.

Frankly, I think most of the people reviewing it on the net are being waaayyy too anal about it. It's nowhere near as broken as people are saying. There are tons on incredible players with 400+ matches on their cards but I have never, ever once seen any of these death combos. In fact, the matches tend to be really competitive so all this "it's broken" stuff doesn't bear out in reality; it certainly hasn't stopped the Japanese hardcore from lining up to play it, it' gets bigger crowds than anything. That said, I do think they need to tone the damage down if they're going to keep the bound system. It's too easy to end a match on just 2 or 3 hits if you can land the juggles after each one.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yea, but that's how Tekken has always been, and it never seems to change... 2 or 3 mistakes and you're dead... If it dragged on any longer it'd be like Tekken Tag Tournament set on 3/5 rounds. That takes FOREVER.

I like the flow of the matches... It just sucks when you're losing(and paying for it).

But yea... definitely, I'd play VF5 more if there were more players in my area. I wouldn't ever stop playing Tekken though. But I'd be happy to have ANOTHER game I can enjoy competitively...

*is jealous because Reno is able to play against the best competition in both Tekken and VF5 at his local arcade*

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Only thing T6 really needs to change are Bound after wall break (THAT is BS... I don't mind Bound but that's freaking retarded) and they need to fix wall damage scaling.

The wall damage as it is would be okay if it wasn't so easy for some characters to bring someone to a wall, but it's pretty BS as it stands.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
MarkMan said:

Well hopefully since this iteration will have online they will patch to balance the game after its release.

AAK

Tekken 6's music is kickin! Definately the best since T3. A site feature on that would be more than awesome.

Yoshichan

I don't really think Rage's the one to blame in these vids :/

Caj814

Well,Namco has the whole year to patch Tekken 6 up through online arcade patches.It is definitely much better than having to wait for a complete revision or expansion updates ala Dark Resurrection.Hopefully by the time it hits PS3 there won't be as many gameplay/balance issues.

Top Bottom