• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6: fap without fear thread (GONE GOLD)

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
MarkMan said:
Keep in mind it is much harder to use Kazuya and Devil Jin to their full potential :)

Well, not as hard as previous games, but still harder than most of the cast lol.

Holy hell, I will try to make Kazuya one of my main characters again! With online the ass woopings that will be handed shall entertain!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
GauntletFan said:
Tim Rogers gives this a half-star out of 5 on action button
2z4lms4.gif

... then again, who is Tim Rogers? An alias for Itagaki?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Tekken 6 news/info at the usual spot...

SDTEKKEN.COM said:
TEKKEN 6 In The USA: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

March 5, 2008

Hardcore Tekken fans all over the USA are all wondering one thing, WHEN. When will Tekken 6 be playable for us? While Japan, Korea, the Philippines, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia, Great Britain, Hong Kong, China and other countries are all enjoying the latest installment of our favorite series… Tekken supporters in the United States(Except Houston, TX) are crying inside for a chance to finally play Tekken 6. For the full story on Tekken 6 coming to the US, click below…

http://www.sdtekken.com

GauntletFan said:
Tim Rogers gives this a half-star out of 5 on actionbutton.net

"Bottom line: Tekken 6 is “escapism for quadriplegics”

Tim Rogers is the worst writer in gaming by about ten miles, and judging by that quote I'm pretty sure he doesn't know exactly what a quadriplegic is.

LowParry

KyotoMecca said:
Man, the new female character is hot.

tekken6350.jpg

Namco always makes the fittest birds in their games.

Why yes, Zelfina is quite hot. And her style is quite amazing. Sadly I won't get to play T6 till it is released on consoles.

vag 2.0

LiveFromKyoto said:
Tim Rogers is the worst writer in gaming by about ten miles, and judging by that quote I'm pretty sure he doesn't know exactly what a quadriplegic is.

Rogers says that whilst as a game, Tekken 6 isn't necessarily so bad, he personally finds the whole aesthetic disgusting... which if you ask me is a perfectly valid opinion even if I don't necessarily feel the same.

On topic: How do the network cards work? There's a T6 cab near me and I'd sort of contemplate getting a card just to be nerdy. If you start the game with a card inserted, do you get the same sort of customization / name entry menu you do with Tekken 5: DRO?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
vag 2.0 said:
Rogers says that whilst as a game, Tekken 6 isn't necessarily so bad, he personally finds the whole aesthetic disgusting... which if you ask me is a perfectly valid opinion even if I don't necessarily feel the same.

On topic: How do the network cards work? There's a T6 cab near me and I'd sort of contemplate getting a card just to be nerdy. If you start the game with a card inserted, do you get the same sort of customization / name entry menu you do with Tekken 5: DRO?

If you're in Japan, then no. You have to buy a card, then use your cellphone to log onto tekken.net and register your card there. Then you can customize your character. If you're in the US, then I don't know how they're handling it, but I guess it's like in Tekken 5DR where you can set everything up at the character select screen.

vag 2.0 said:

1. Whether you think it's okay for him to be grossed out by the character designs or not doesn't prevent him from being the worst writer in gaming.

2. There's no reason why a person being paralyzed from the neck down would affect their artistic sensibilities.

Broken Symmetry said:
Wow, that Tim Rogers article is by far the most rambling review I've ever read.

Everything he writes is like that. Try finishing this whole thing, I defy you:

http://www.insertcredit.com/features/fukubukuro/2004/december.html

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Reno said:
If you're in Japan, then no. You have to buy a card, then use your cellphone to log onto tekken.net and register your card there. Then you can customize your character. If you're in the US, then I don't know how they're handling it, but I guess it's like in Tekken 5DR where you can set everything up at the character select screen.
You have to use a cellphone so you can customize your character? Wow, I like it better without that. Can't you just log on to your computer and do the card registration there?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
T5DR ONLINE Update Coming Soon!

March 11, 2008

The Japanese version of Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection ONLINE will be getting a nice free update on March 18th! Included in this update is vibration support for Dual Shock 3 controllers and some new options to help streamline the online experience! You can now play a quick 1 on 1 battle through the ‘PICKUP MATCH’ option… Battle lobbies will now show room names instead of player host names as well. Also, if you don’t have a Dual Shock 3 yet… They will be released in North America on April 15th for an MSRP of $54.99. If you can’t wait, just import it from Play-Asia where there are already three colors available! More news on this update when we get it…

FAMITSU.COM - Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection ONLINE Update

---

Just FYI for those of you playing DR online...

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
twinturbo2 said:
You have to use a cellphone so you can customize your character? Wow, I like it better without that. Can't you just log on to your computer and do the card registration there?

no, not for Tekken. Virtua Fighter supports PC/Cellphone customization but Tekken only has cellphone compatability.

LowParry

PrivateRyan said:
How's the balance working out for Tekken 6? Any characters dominating yet? All I know is Steve got nerfed...

All the characters look about the same in terms of their previous balance builds. It's the knock back that makes it look as if the character is more powerful. I've seen a Xioayu vid where she ends up doing a 70-80% combo off the wall with the knockback. And I'm talking lifebar. Steve hits like he normaly does. It just seems some characters have been tweaked to the point that they are a little more difficult to use (Kaz/DJ).

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
We will no longer have scans on my website. Enterbrain (parent company of Famitsu and Arcadia Magazine) has issued a cease and desist letter which implications' shall be effective immediately.

:(

GrayFoxPL

MarkMan said:
We will no longer have scans on my website. Enterbrain (parent company of Famitsu and Arcadia Magazine) has issued a cease and desist letter which implications' shall be effective immediately.

Internet without scans will not be the same place.

Aggelos

MarkMan said:

Damn....

Is this the reason why JP scans have been prohibited here at neoGAF??

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
MarkMan said:

Oh shit son that sucks ass! WTF is bugging them!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
No idea. But I'll have to respect their wishes. It sucks for all the people that don't have access to their magazines... and we all no there is no Tekken 6 news for the US.

We'll continue translating information but that's about all we can do...

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
MarkMan said:
No idea. But I'll have to respect their wishes. It sucks for all the people that don't have access to their magazines... and we all no there is no Tekken 6 news for the US.

We'll continue translating information but that's about all we can do...

Well keep on trucking man I will take anything it's all, but seriously that is some bull they pulled.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aggelos said:
Dudes, I would really like to have the T6 intro in high quality, but nobody's is capturing it....
Make it, please someone!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
From www.sdtekken.com ...

SDTEKKEN.COM said:
TEKKEN 6 Arrives In Southern California!

March 18, 2008

Tekken 6 is now in California! Super Arcade is now the second location in the United States to get their hands on an imported version of Tekken 6! Special thanks to all of the SOCAL scene for keeping the community in the loop on Tekken 6’s arrival! If you want to make it out to Super Arcade and try out Tekken 6… Here is the address:

Super Arcade
1211 N. Grand Ave
Walnut, CA 91748
MAP

The arcade is located right across the street from Mt. San Antonio College in the same plaza with Jack In The Box. Expect more information and impressions soon!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
So, that makes TWO Tekken 6 machines in AMERICA.

What the fuck is wrong with America...

3rd world countries have more machines than we do...

Top Bottom