• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6: fap without fear thread (GONE GOLD)

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
lol Takeyama changed his name to Main Street #17 The Second after he lost the first match, and everyone goes crazy.:lol :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Mainstreet 17 is the legend of MS arcade, he was the undisputed #1 in TTT and T4 in Japan...

He no longer plays... :( First he retired, then Mainstreet Ryu retired too after DR :(

R.I.P. !

Aggelos

I've seen those players at the T6 arcadia mook. Awesome players!
Takeyema was playin' Jin though...

Now concering the console release, I really hope that namco will announce something at E3.....

Aggelos said:
I've seen those players at the T6 arcadia mook. Awesome players!
Takeyema was playin' Jin though...

Now concering the console release, I really hope that namco will announce something at E3.....

I heard anywhere from Winter 2008 to Summer 2009 on this. No good arcades near me, so this really suck for me. I heard Namco is trying to get the online up to speed for the home version, but I have a feeling the delays is due to more reasons than that and I won't go into it right now. Namco is extremely quiet on the PS3 version. That could be because they don't want it to steal thunder from SC4, so who knows at this point?. Namco was supposed to have an official announcement about this game around mid April 2008, but nothing happened that I know of. Hmm....

Radius

Wasn't every major Tekken game released in March in Japan? This could take another 10 months before it's released on PS3...

Aggelos

Radius said:
Wasn't every major Tekken game released in March in Japan? This could take another 10 months before it's released on PS3...

I think it was like a trend for Tekken games to be released in Japan end of March.

Rhazer Fusion said:
Namco is extremely quiet on the PS3 version. That could be because they don't want it to steal thunder from SC4, so who knows at this point?. Namco was supposed to have an official announcement about this game around mid April 2008, but nothing happened that I know of. Hmm....

Aussurendly namco does not want this game to steal SC4's thunder.
My guess that it will come Fall. Worst scenario "end of March 2009", just to follow the past trend.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, "steal SC4s thunder"?

When is SC4 (PS3) out?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Paracelsus said:
End of July.

And yeah, I'd send SC4 straight into 2010 just to get Tekken 6 this year.
End of July, what...? I know I've probably already bashed SCIV to hell, but this game feels rushed. We've not seen ANY direct feed videos of the game and by the off screen vids, it looks dull and boring.

Give me Tekken 6 Namco, you know you don't care about the SC-franchise as much as before.

Elios83

Namco is being silent on all its games.
Soul Calibur 4 will be out in two months and it's not like they have generated any hype for the title. A few previews and a teaser/trailer with Star Wars characters, I think only the fans of the series (like me) care at this point :/
At least I hope they use their time to improve the PS3 version of Tekken 6 over the arcade adding more effects, details in the backgrounds and tweak the gameplay furtherly.

Yoshichan

Elios83 said:
Namco is being silent on all its games.
Soul Calibur 4 will be out in two months and it's not like they have generated any hype for the title. A few previews and a teaser/trailer with Star Wars characters, I think only the fans of the series (like me) care at this point :/
I thought Namco said something like, if SCIV doesn't sell over 3 mil, the franchise is over? They NEED to start marketing this shit, right now!

vag 2.0

Despite quite a bit of interest in the first couple of weeks, nobody is ever playing this locally now. Sucks.

I don't mind waiting if the network code turns out to be really nice; more like Virtua Fighter V than T5DR.

LowParry

Seiken said:
I thought Namco said something like, if SCIV doesn't sell over 3 mil, the franchise is over? They NEED to start marketing this shit, right now!

Vader and Yoda alone would do so right. Just get it out to the casuals!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Newest updates on my site, http://sdtekken.com !

First Tekken Movie Image!

May 20, 2008

Fans who have been following the latest developments regarding the now 2009 Tekken movie are probably already aware that MMA star Cung Le has been casted as everyone’s favorite restaurant owning drunkard, Marshall Law! Mr. Le posted an image on his MySpace page that shows him in costume, check out the full shot by clicking below!

Read the rest of this entry »

----

More Tekken 6 Machines In America!

May 20, 2008

Thanks to the information provided on the Tekken Zaibatsu forums, word has it that a handful of TILT arcades have imported Tekken 6 from distributors in Asia! Houston, TX now has two Tekken 6 machines and Rhode Island gets one too! Here are the details for each machine:

The Galleria TILT
5015 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77081
$1.50 per game

Warick Mall TILT
400 Bald Hill Road
Warick, RI 02886
No info on pricing yet

Where will Tekken 6 show up next?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Tekken 6 is tearing up the charts in Japan. It even dethroned the mighty Gundam!

http://www.arcadiamagazine.com/

ビデオゲーム部門

1 位
鉄拳6<バンダイナムコゲームス>
340.2 / pts.

2 位
機動戦士ガンダム ガンダムVS.ガンダム<バンプレスト>
327.5 / pts.

3 位
GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE<アークシステムワークス>
315.7 / pts.

4 位
アルカナハート 2<エクサム>
230.8 / pts.

5 位
THE KING OF FIGHTERS'98 ULTIMATE MATCH<SNKプレイモア>
188.6 / pts.

6 位
Virtua Fighter5<セガ>
157.9 / pts.

7 位
MELTY BLOOD Act Cadenza<エコールソフトウェア>
128.2 / pts.

8 位
戦国BASARARX<カプコン>
103.3 / pts.

9 位
STREET FIGHTER Ⅲ 3rd STRIKE<カプコン>
76.4 / pts.

10 位
機動戦士ガンダムSEED DESTINY 連邦 vs. Z.A.F.T.Ⅱ<バンプレスト>
60.4 / pts.

Yoshichan

The true king of fighters.

I really want to play it. I am concerned about the bounce though, can King grab a bouncing character with his f,hcf + 1 ?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Ynos Yrros said:
The true king of fighters.

I really want to play it. I am concerned about the bounce though, can King grab a bouncing character with his f,hcf + 1 ?

Yes depending on the distance... but IMO it is more rewarding/practical to do an iSW (Instant Shining Wizard f,f,f+2+4 throw)...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
From http://sdtekken.com ...

UPDATE 05/31/08

Special thanks to Gyu for the details on Korea’s 2008 National 2 vs 2 tournament that took place earlier this month! Here are the results…

Tekken 6 Korea National Results
1st - Ccer (Miguel) & MaDDoGJiN (Zafina)
2nd - Soyongdori (Devil Jin) & KidJin (Bob)
3rd - Help Me (Law) & Prince (Lili)

Like MaDDoGJiN stated to everyone, he’s making a comeback! Congratulations to the placers! Another big tournament is set for June, Tougeki 2008 qualifiers!

From CHALLENGER.JP, check out this new

Yoshichan

MarkMan said:
This is why I love the fighting genre. I go from SFIV, to SC4 (...), to Tekken 6 and every game feels different and fucking awesome.

DAMN!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Check the T6 update section on my site. Some new vids from Korea featuring MaDDoGJin's Hwoarang (2008 Korean National Champion).

Nuts!

Yoshichan

MarkMan said:
Check the T6 update section on my site. Some new vids from Korea featuring MaDDoGJin's Hwoarang (2008 Korean National Champion).

Nuts!
God damnit, the quality is absolutely terrible! Can't see shit :(

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Looks like T6 will be at E3 next month.

So us gamers not fortunate enough to have Tekken 6 near us will finally have SOME information!

Paracelsus

MarkMan said:

So us gamers not fortunate enough to have Tekken 6 near us will finally have SOME information!

As long as a Japanese release is scheduled within this year, I will buy it, sure as hell.

Hoping it's not region locked, online-wise.

noodalls

Paracelsus said:
As long as a Japanese release is scheduled within this year, I will buy it, sure as hell.

Hoping it's not region locked, online-wise.

Hopefully SCIV will give us a good indication of how that will fare.

Yoshichan

MarkMan said:

God, I wish this is true.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
MarkMan said:

Awesome. Hopefully they have info on the console release.

Top Bottom