• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6: fap without fear thread (GONE GOLD)

LowParry

Ya know...I'm kinda sorta confused about something. Let's start from the beginning when Tekken 6 was first shown off (Not the Sony CG shot of Jin we know). Let's start with the first trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/167822.html

The trailer was very mysterious with a few things. For one, Lili seemed more of a plot point towards Jin about something. "Bob" (Not fat Bob. Aka Cartman) of course we know him to be a rival to Jin. There's this whole mystery vibe with the trailer from start to the end.

From there we gameplay stuff, and it's shaped up very well in the end from what we've seen with the arcades. So my question is, did Namco have something in store with Tekken 6 in terms of a story or was that just all for show and tell?

zoukka

Well have you seen all the endings? Or the openings... or are there any in the Arcade version.

I'm pretty sure there's a decent story in the console-version.

LowParry

zoukka said:
Well have you seen all the endings? Or the openings... or are there any in the Arcade version.

I'm pretty sure there's a decent story in the console-version.

I don't think any Tekken arcade version has a "story mode" for each of the characters. All that's know is the intro of Jin winning the 5th tourny, taking over the Zaibatsu. There's character profiles of course as an intro but for conclusions there isn't anything known. Maybe I'm just looking to far into what isn't there.

karasu

Isn't that Zafina?

Steve is awesooooooooome!( I don't know if he's awesome according to tiers or whatever) Thanks for the link Ccrook!

zoukka

Yes it was... i'm so out when it comes to Tekken 6.

Hype up 1000% when watched some of those videos. I dig the new animations. They impress me more that the graphical update. Music sounds great too in some levels. And the hit sounds sound smacky...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Updates x infinity at my website, check it out guys!

US arcade version should be out SOON!

Sadly the machine is very EXPENSIVE(almost $11,000 WTF NAMCO!)...

You don't know how crazy I am about this game... let me tell you. Wait... Let me show you...

Yesterda, I already put some money into my checking account...

X_X

Lord save me...

2234256198_a00b251707.jpg

Wark

MarkMan said:

You don't know how crazy I am about this game... let me tell you. Wait... Let me show you...

X_X

Lord save me...

I'm so jealous. I think I need to rob a bank now.

LowParry

MarkMan said:

X_X

Lord save me...

-shocked face- .............................

aktham

MarkMan said:

X_X

Lord save me...

Holy Shit Markman!! At least wait for a price drop. If not then you might as well *seriously* charge people to play.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
MarkMan said:

X_X

Lord save me...

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ, brah, you really can't wait for the PS3 version? It would be a hell of a lot cheaper...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm checking with some friends, ppl I know they all tell me not to do it... lol... I think I might just hold off...

It's either T6 machine or my vacation trip in Southeast Asia in April....

Leaning towards the trip now X_X

TEKKEN 6 FORGIVE ME

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
MarkMan said:
I'm checking with some friends, ppl I know they all tell me not to do it... lol... I think I might just hold off...

TEKKEN 6 FORGIVE ME
Maybe you can get some more machines and open up an arcade. :D

Come on dude, you know it'll be out on PS3 inside of 10 months. It's a nice game, but it just isn't worth that much. Especially if you could play it in the arcade every day from now until PS3 release and still only spend 1/10th as much.

If you want private practice time, it really isn't so different from Dark Resurrection that 90% of what you do on DR wouldn't carry over, and the new systems aren't hard to figure out or anything.

kay

I'm going to have to say no as well, not worth it considering the machine is just a modified PS3 + Tekken 6 early...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yea, I know it will hit consoles sooner than later.

But yea. Video games are serious business :lol ...

At least I can get my ass kicked when I go to Japan... ^_^

BTW,

Hong Kong, Korea, the Philippines, New Zealand, Australia and some other Asian territories all got the international version of Tekken 6!

So if you're from those areas, go get to it!

GrayFoxPL

:lol at Kazuya's expression.

His glare says something like: "Do it MarkMan! You need the Devil. Let him in. You know you want to...".

and thous DevilMark is born.

Fight it!

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Haha that is what I was thinking! ^^ For some damn reason Lilly has now become one of my favorite characters!

Dali

What's the deal with Japanese people and their eyepatch fetish? It's a really odd feature that you see on a lot of Japanese fanservice characters. I guess lack of depth perception is a huge turn-on over there.

MarkMan said:

TEKKEN 6 FORGIVE ME
cmon dude, you KNOW you would LOVE to put a Tekken 5 cabinet in the monthly pickup thread...
go with the vacation

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Dali said:
What's the deal with Japanese people and their eyepatch fetish? It's a really odd feature that you see on a lot of Japanese fanservice characters. I guess lack of depth perception is a huge turn-on over there.

Well considering japans other fetishes this one does not seem weird but all the other crazy shit now thats weird cough *yaoi, futanari, tentacles, etc.* cough

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Elbrain said:
Haha that is what I was thinking! ^^ For some damn reason Lilly has now become one of my favorite characters!

I don't know about you, but Lili has been by favorite character since she was there in Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.

Julia has finally been dethroned.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Hcoregamer00 said:
I don't know about you, but Lili has been by favorite character since she was there in Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.

Julia has finally been dethroned.

Well that is what I meant once I started playing Tekken 5: DR I started using her cause she was new and liked her fighting styler. Note before her my fav characters for playing where Kazuya, Heihachi, and Steve. Now its Lilly and Heichachi and thrown into the mix is Asuka.

Kittonwy

Banned
Dali said:

I don't mind if they put an eye patch on a guy, but a woman? Jeebus.
Indifferent2.gif

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Tougeki Damashi Vol. 8 has a new tier listing for Tekken 6. Here is what they stated…

SS - Kazuya, Devil Jin
S - Bob, Raven, Armor King, Lei, Anna, Roger Jr., Heihachi
A - Miguel, Jin, Feng Wei, King, Nina, Yoshimitsu, Kuma/Panda, Bryan, Zafina
B - Asuka, Lili, Hwoarang, Xiaoyu, Lee, Paul, Steve, Marduk, Julia, Wang, Law
C - Christie/Eddy, Ganryu, Jack-6, Bruce, Dragnov, Baek

Rank goes in order from left to right. So as of now, Kazuya is the strongest.

Based on the 12/24 revision of Tekken 6 in JPN. Not based on the newest A89 version released internationally. So this will change for sure.

aktham

MarkMan said:
Tougeki Damashi Vol. 8 has a new tier listing for Tekken 6. Here is what they stated…

SS - Kazuya, Devil Jin
S - Bob, Raven, Armor King, Lei, Anna, Roger Jr., Heihachi
A - Miguel, Jin, Feng Wei, King, Nina, Yoshimitsu, Kuma/Panda, Bryan, Zafina
B - Asuka, Lili, Hwoarang, Xiaoyu, Lee, Paul, Steve, Marduk, Julia, Wang, Law
C - Christie/Eddy, Ganryu, Jack-6, Bruce, Dragnov, Baek

Rank goes in order from left to right. So as of now, Kazuya is the strongest.

Based on the 12/24 revision of Tekken 6 in JPN. Not based on the newest A89 version released internationally. So this will change for sure.
Yay Kazuya!! one of my main chars

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Keep in mind it is much harder to use Kazuya and Devil Jin to their full potential :)

Well, not as hard as previous games, but still harder than most of the cast lol.

Top Bottom