• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6: fap without fear thread (GONE GOLD)

MoonsaultSlayer said:
OMG console specific modes. LOL. Way to piss people off even more.

They're probably talking about something like Tekken Bowling or Tekken Volleyball. In which case no one should lose sleep over that. But remember that SCIV had console specific characters until they put them up as DLC. So if you like a mode that another console has you'll probably be able to get it later anyway.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
jett said:
it's not the media's fault that namco releases screens that are jagged the fuck up.

Of course it's not the media's fault. I'm just saying even after they get their hands on the game they will rip into it. I know that may sound silly, but you notice how sometimes games just get shit on unfairly. :p Though, them putting in a good amount of time into netcode would help a lot, because Tekken5DR and SCIV have horrible netcode. :lol

MoonsaultSlayer said:
OMG console specific modes. LOL. Way to piss people off even more.
They probably mean new modes that are only available on consoles (i.e. standard business for ports of this genre), not modes that only a specific version of the game can have while the other has different ones. The latter wouldn't make any sense.

Anyway...doesn't DOA4 also use motion blur at 60fps?

Anybody have videos of this motion blur in action? I hear the producers of the game always talking about how amazing it is. Street Fighter IV also has motion blur for some of the moves, is it a different kind of technique?

DrDogg

KH: I have three big ideas that I would really like to see to fruition. These ideas don’t really rely on hardware specs but are something that would really enhance the versus game play element of a game. I would like to implement these ideas using Tekken as a base.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Make. It. Happen.

MicVlaD said:
They probably mean new modes that are only available on consoles (i.e. standard business for ports of this genre), not modes that only a specific version of the game can have while the other has different ones. The latter wouldn't make any sense.

I feel extremely stupid lol. I knew there would be modes exclusive to consoles but for some reason I took this as one console got mode A while the other got mode B hahaha what a dummy...

obaidr

Banned
So i bought my Second Fav. Tekken game ( Tekken Tag Tournament) of amazon and got it yesterday. The game is in a phenomenal condition. The CD is completely untouched. Anyways me and my brother can't wait to get started, we start the game, jump in the first match and OH SSHHIIIITTTT. The game runs at 15 frames and less *cccrrryyyyyy*

What the mother fucking shit is this SONY ? I mean WHAT THE FUCK? Fucking FUCK FUCK. The game is unplayable now. We were so extited since we only played Tekken 5 DR for the last year (which is a great game anyway) and were so looking forward for a 8 match team tournament. this is sssooo sad. I check the internet and on FW version 1.6 the game run perfect and now this mess. PPLLLEEAASSEEE sony fix this problem with the next FW. PPPLLEEAASSEEE. The tag modus was the probably best modus on any tekken game.

I know some SONY guys are reading this forum and hope they bring my message to the BC programmers and they will fix it.

GrayFoxPL

obaidr said:
So i bought my Second Fav. Tekken game ( Tekken Tag Tournament) of amazon and got it yesterday. The game is in a phenomenal condition. The CD is completely untouched. Anyways me and my brother can't wait to get started, we start the game, jump in the first match and OH SSHHIIIITTTT. The game runs at 15 frames and less *cccrrryyyyyy*

What the mother fucking shit is this SONY ? I mean WHAT THE FUCK? Fucking FUCK FUCK. The game is unplayable now. We were so extited since we only played Tekken 5 DR for the last year (which is a great game anyway) and were so looking forward for a 8 match team tournament. this is sssooo sad. I check the internet and on FW version 1.6 the game run perfect and now this mess. PPLLLEEAASSEEE sony fix this problem with the next FW. PPPLLEEAASSEEE. The tag modus was the probably best modus on any tekken game.

I know some SONY guys are reading this forum and hope they bring my message to the BC programmers and they will fix it.

Lol. Sony stopped supporting bc since they started making ps3 without ps2 bc. Didn't you get the memo? They don't update emulation software in firmware updates anymore.

Still waiting for them to change their mind as they left lot of games broken or unsupported.

DrDogg

Mik2121 said:
Holy fuck. I've checked the last 10 pages of this thread and ALL the new characters' designs are a fucking joke.

WOW.

Hello and welcome to the Tekken 6 thread! I'm glad to be a part of your first time playing Tekken!

A few tips to get you started:
- There's a fighting bear
- There's a fighting stump of wood
- There are multiple fighting robots
- There's a fighting kangaroo

As you can see, Tekken has always been a franchise littered with very serious character designs. Your feedback is appreciated.

-_-

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
We all know character designs make the gameplay sour. I will never play this game again because he doesn't look like how I prefer!

I'm done with Tekken!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
DrDogg said:
Hello and welcome to the Tekken 6 thread! I'm glad to be a part of your first time playing Tekken!

A few tips to get you started:
- There's a fighting bear
- There's a fighting stump of wood
- There are multiple fighting robots
- There's a fighting kangaroo

As you can see, Tekken has always been a franchise littered with very serious character designs. Your feedback is appreciated.

-_-
Don't forget that the fighting bear has a fart attack. And that there's a fighting panda bear, too.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Brobzoid said:
Isn't that the midget dinosaur?
Nope, just the bear. I was hoping that Bob got one, but no such luck. I was looking forward to Bob having the ability to sit on opponents and letting one rip... :-(

Eiji

Off topic but the arcade version of Tekken Tag Tournament is finally emulated!

33w2xk5.jpg

2lv00mh.jpg

2pocsok.jpg

s4nqfp.jpg

9tmqzr.jpg

2lx85k1.jpg

zoukka

TheJollyCorner said:
yeah, I remember seeing the PS2 version in early 2000 and my jaw dropped at how much of an improvement it was.

There's literally a generational leap because that version is identical to Tekken 3.

TheJollyCorner said:
yeah, I remember seeing the PS2 version in early 2000 and my jaw dropped at how much of an improvement it was.

[im]http://i41.tinypic.com/afkaa0.jpg[/img]

TEH POWAR OF EMOTION ENGINE!

TTT still looks good now. NAMCO worked some magic with that game.

SolidSnakex said:
TTT still looks good now. NAMCO worked some magic with that game.

I feel the same way about Konami and SH2. I dusted that off the other day and was amazed at how good it still looked to me.

RIP Team Silent. :(

zoukka said:
There's literally a generational leap because that version is identical to Tekken 3.
The arcade version of Tekken Tag runs on hardware similar to a PS1
Same with the arcade version of Soul Calibur 1. DC version was a massive visual improvement.

Yeah, I remember seeing Soul Calibur in the arcade after the DC release and was thought it was a PSX game. They even had Yoshimitsu's model from Tekken 3 (arcade) in it as a placeholder I guess.

obaidr

Banned
TTT does not work anymore on PS3. I almost cried tears. It runs at 15frames but sony says it worked with ***** on FW 1.6. Why the fuck did they messed that up? I want to punch someone in his face because of this. TTT is the best tekken to date, even better then 3 and 5.

GrayFoxPL

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
"Where did you do with Jin Kazama?"

:lol

I'm waiting for PSN exclusive trailer now with the phrase:

"How are you did Kazuya Mishima?"

:lol

Btw. They added scene with Paul fighting Bryan. Looked kind of forced in my opinion. I'm thinking it has something to do with upcoming movie.

I've kept low profile on BR for months but that's because I've seen 1000s of fight videos already and the bound/bind made me depressed. It's not the path I wanted Tekken to take.
That doesn't mean it isn't day one for me. It is, as always.

GrayFoxPL

i hate bees said:
What does this mean exactly?

It means the juggles are twice as long as before.

The system allows at the end of a juggle to bounce your opponent of the ground for some more juggling.

It boils down the gameplay to who first will get a juggle going.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
GrayFoxPL said:

The system allows at the end of a juggle to bounce your opponent of the ground for some more juggling.

I ve seen some matches that with one juggle you win the round.
Super fun :/

Just watched the new trailer on Gametrails. Must say, the trailer got me really excited for the game, great trailer. But I'll need a demo first, always found tekken to be the worst of all popular fighters... but I used to hate VF as well, but I love 5

DrDogg

Trailer was epic... no gameplay, but still epic!

GrayFoxPL said:

Fersis said:
I ve seen some matches that with one juggle you win the round.
Super fun :/

*sigh*

That's T6 Vanilla... they toned down Bound in BR. Bound juggles don't really do much more than T5 juggles.

Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku! said:
The Dark Resurrection port was fucking awesome so I expect this to be no different.
Yeah who ported DR again? Eighting?

It was fantastic.

anyway this makes me wonder if all that Wii talk earlier carries more weight now

Top Bottom