• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6: fap without fear thread (GONE GOLD)

Masamuna

Yay! Finally going to Tennessee to play BR on the 28th!

Hyyyyyyyyyyyype!

Gotta figure out what to put on my cheat sheet for the ride down there.

GrayFoxPL

New character videos on gametrailers.com

Law and Lars.

People say Lars doesn't fit because he looks like a kof character. I think he's well within Tekken range.

I must say this: I'd go gay for this character anytime! :D The design and moves are just too awesome.

Btw. Lars video seems to have toned down motion blur. I like it better that way.

NeoCross said:
Jeebus the wait is killing me. Not enough time to go to the arcades anymore so I need the console version now :(

I know what you mean. At least you have arcades to go to. Most of my arcades aorund my area have either Tekken 4 or Tekken 5 and one of them just got in Tekken 5: DR quite a while to go and they are still calling it a new release. This is the very reason why I don't care for arcades anymore.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Ferrio said:
Really disappointed that Jin turned evil. His mom should rise from the grave and smack his ass around.
lol, I wouldn't mind this. Heck, Jun could be a zombie, kinda like Liu Kang from Mortal Kombat Deception. :D

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I can't wait either. I even decided to throw down for the stick too.

Anso

twinturbo2 said:
I'm leaning towards getting the stick, but I want to know if it's mod friendly first.

I've pre-ordered the stick even though I doubt it'll be better than my Sanwa-modded FightStick SE.. Dunno, collector's value? :D

We need more info on the Hori stick.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
http://sdtekken.com/2009/08/11/european-tekken-6-special-editions-unveiled/

European bundles unveiled!

TEKKEN 6 – LIMITED EDITION (Europe Only)

3811226896_14d8bc789d_o.jpg

Includes: Art Book, Poster, Hoodie, & TEKKEN 6

TEKKEN 6 – LIMITED ARCADE STICK BUNDLE (Europe Only)

3810410253_e2872d28c4_o.jpg

Includes: Hori Wireless Arcade Stick, Art Book, & TEKKEN 6

Both bundles will also be available on Xbox 360 consoles.

The collector's edition bundle looks tempting. The RRP for Australia is $149.95 if anyone is interested. I'm sure it'll show up cheaper at some places.

rvy

Banned
MarkMan said:

TEKKEN 6 – LIMITED EDITION (Europe Only)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2500/3811226896_14d8bc789d_o.jpg

Includes: Art Book, Poster, Hoodie, & TEKKEN 6

TEKKEN 6 – LIMITED ARCADE STICK BUNDLE (Europe Only)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2440/3810410253_e2872d28c4_o.jpg

Includes: Hori Wireless Arcade Stick, Art Book, & TEKKEN 6

Both bundles will also be available on Xbox 360 consoles.
:D

Will probably be overpriced as hell, but whatever.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
man I'm gonna play this.

I not so fondly remember the disappointment of finding out playing ttt on PAL systems was slower than NTSC. That was my whole introduction to the 50/60hz nightmare.

Anso

Dabookerman said:
Yes she is.. yes she is.

I was intrigued in buying the Arcade stick edition of Tekken 6.. then I saw the price..

£150..... Wow

On top of that they refuse to give out any detailed information on the stick D:

Jubs

Do we have any impressions about online play yet? Or a preview? Or is that too soon to ask?

I bought Tekken 5: DR the moment I took my PS3 out the box and connected it, and was grossly disappointed by the laggy online play. I could never find a match where it was even acceptable. I'm hoping Tekken 6 does something to improve upon that.

DR2K

Banned
Jubs said:
Do we have any impressions about online play yet? Or a preview? Or is that too soon to ask?

I bought Tekken 5: DR the moment I took my PS3 out the box and connected it, and was grossly disappointed by the laggy online play. I could never find a match where it was even acceptable. I'm hoping Tekken 6 does something to improve upon that.

Considering how much better SCIV was than Tekken 5DRO, it seems like there's hope for Tekken 6, hopefully it's much better than SCIV. I expect it to be anyways.

HunkyDory

Neo Member
Were you playing around the time the online expansion was released?

I've probably spent more time online with Tekken DR than I have with any of my other games, and I rarely have a problem with lag.

I'd like to see what kind of online modes Namco have in there, but from my experience of online Tekken, I'm not worried about how smooth the game'll play.

Jubs

I bought it around Nov. 07, so about 8 months after its release.

I don't know, the game was just laggy to me. I still stuck with it for a few months, and was able to compile a decent record despite the lag. I haven't played DR for about a year though, so I think I'll try and fire it up later today and see how it is now. Maybe it is better.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
HunkyDory said:
Were you playing around the time the online expansion was released?

I've probably spent more time online with Tekken DR than I have with any of my other games, and I rarely have a problem with lag. .

This- bar a few exceptions the game always runs well online. I had lots of trouble with SC IV though.

Masamuna

Can't tell if it's Famitsu/Dengeki/Whatever, but it looks like Anna and Asuka have new costumes for T6's release this October.

Anna - Zebra striped outfit from Tag.
Asuka - Yellow dress, no sleeves, a scarf and knee high boots.

Only found a scan though, so not linkies here. Save us Markman :lol

Skilletor

_dementia said:
It would be cool, but how am I gonna connect my arcade stick :(

To the ps3 or 360 you also have the game on. :p

I just meant this could pretty much be a portable training mode, for the low low cost of 39.99.

Top Bottom