• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6: fap without fear thread (GONE GOLD)

Does anyone know how forgiving Tekken is when it comes to controls? I'm able to pull off moves in games like DOA 4, Soulcalibur IV and MKvsDC, but I can't play SFIV at all (360 controller). I really don't want to buy a $100+ joystick just to be able to play.

aktham

MarkMan said:
Got some shirts in the mail!

3843294407_a953d074d9_b.jpg

Ok Markman, I must have these. Where do I get me some?

Stormwatch said:
Does anyone know how forgiving Tekken is when it comes to controls? I'm able to pull off moves in games like DOA 4, Soulcalibur IV and MKvsDC, but I can't play SFIV at all (360 controller). I really don't want to buy a $100+ joystick just to be able to play.
a lot of people play Tekken on pads, actually

ps pads, but yeah

Leunam

_dementia said:
a lot of people play Tekken on pads, actually

ps pads, but yeah

Weren't there some cabs made that actually had ports for PS controllers?

Kagari, probably not. Tekken 6 is a big jump from Tekken 5.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Only the North American machines had the PS1/PS2 controller ports. WCMaxi designed the cabinet to have those. Too bad the official T6 cabinets didn't take advantage of this feature (although many cabinets in the US have ports rigged up to take advantage of this).

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Talked with some T6 norcal players over the weekend.. Inspired me to pick up Steve again even though Lars looks dope too.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
CcrooK said:
-siiiiiiigh- Oct. 27th seems so far away. Fuck my state for not having any good arcades!

Yeah, I know the feeling.
Last week, with no Tekken experience in 8 years, I went to a top player (by local standards) to start learing. On top of that, he used the characters I gravitated to as his mains. Ouch.
Thankfully I knew the concepts from VF, so I could at least realize what my turn was, but still brutal.

... the wait wont start killing me till probably a month from release... once that happens I'll be eating up all Tekken 6 news, even if it's about them talking what colors they used for the copyright text.

Eiji

RelentlessRolento said:
... the wait wont start killing me till probably a month from release... once that happens I'll be eating up all Tekken 6 news, even if it's about them talking what colors they used for the copyright text.

Same here :p

LowParry

RelentlessRolento said:

I have Aion and Uncharted 2 to (hopefully) keep me distracted....

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
haunts said:
Talked with some T6 norcal players over the weekend.. Inspired me to pick up Steve again even though Lars looks dope too.

Steve is fun/cheap!

Do it! The latest JOYBOX vids of foxstar(?)s Steve are CRAZY!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
AAK said:
Something cool I came accross @ TZ.com

Here is the Korean Tier list:

25u3xw9.jpg

Where the Columns are:
Rank, Pit-bullers, Wall-Carriers, Speed, Power, Grappler, Special Stances

Fore anyone who knows korean, this is their learning-curve/difficulty of characters list:

5x5rtc.jpg

They Nerfed Asuka??

At least King is a B

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Asuka was never nerf'd because she was never a good character to begin with! If anything she's better NOW.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Japan ranks Julia very high (in the top 10). Remember Korea plays on +1 life settings, so their tiers are usually very different from US, Japan, and other places in the world.

LowParry

So I've come across something odd today. The wife's been playing a lot of Tekken lately. She mains Lili. Does pretty well in fact. Then she goes up against a player whom claims she is the Korean girl in black from the Tekken Crash series. She's given her other name which shows her as Dragon Lord but the name she has now is some other. Am I crazy to think this is legit? They've like been chatting for hours now.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Probably false, the 'girl in black' on TEKKEN crash is kinda wtf... cuz the girl in black will sometimes wear white on different recording days lol.

LowParry

I'd give out the screen names but I mean eh. I don't need people stalking someone who they say they are and are not. :lol Ah well. They play a pretty mean Lili. And if they really are from Korea then I guess learning to play against that type of caliber of play would help out tons.

Masamuna

Markman is right. After fooling around with her this past weekend I'd say Asuka on normal life settings is mid/low-mid. She's been my main character for the past 4-5 years but its time that she took a managerial position. Feng/Leo are definitely my go to characters for this release.

Now that i've had a taste of the game, the wait is so much harder :lol

Mr Jared

I'll most likely be going with Julia (REP DAT 66A WUT), Leo (pretending she's still a boy) and Anna, because I'm weird and refuse to play Nina, so I'll play her lower-tier sibling.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Really hoping Namco learned something about their netcode with the release of SC4. Not a lot of my friends play Tekken anymore...and online play would be the only driving motivation to keep playing over long periods of time. Lars looks too badass not to play. Here's to hoping the online will be moderately smooth/playable.

LowParry

_dementia said:
So in anticipation for this I bought Tekken 5 DR off PSN.
I don't know wtf is going on. Tips for a noob pls.

Pick three characters and learn the basics. I'd say Paul or Lili is are good starting characters (since I think they're the easiest to learn). Maybe pick up one of the Mishs. Kaz, Hei, or Devil Jin. Don't try to be all over the place with characters since 6 is coming out soon.

Oh, and as far the netcode goes, it's from ground up. Nacmo is really involved with the community so if there are issues, speak up. And they'll do what they can to make any adjustments I bet.

Thanks Ccrook, I like Lili a lot. I really need to wrap my head around movement and positioning though.

Has any information about online infrastructure been released? Will there be a looby/quarter match system?

"Has any information about online infrastructure been released? Will there be a looby/quarter match system?"

Looking at DR Online, it has lobbies, It would be odd to take a step back from that. I'm in the same boat as you, recently picked up T5DR and I'm also a fish out of water. FindMyFarms told me about backdash cancelling (and Markman gave me some tips), that's about all I know besides tooling around with some combos and watching vids.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Stick to one character for serious play (if you get into it like that), but if you're just there to have fun, go wild and work with what you like! You'll eventually hit a wall/come across someone that will mash your shit in and you'll learn from there.

Old school trial and error baby.

MarkMan said:
Stick to one character for serious play (if you get into it like that), but if you're just there to have fun, go wild and work with what you like! You'll eventually hit a wall/come across someone that will mash your shit in and you'll learn from there.

Old school trial and error baby.
I went through this in the most horrible way when I first played Tekken 6 in the arcade. I had taken close to a year and a half off from Tekken due to 3rd strike and Smash Bros, so when I heard we had a T6 machine in the galleria, I immediately ran up there(remember my law animation fap lol). Damn...never have I been so murdered in a game I at least knew pretty well. So much trial and error going on, but it was fun as hell.

LeMaximilian said:
Really hoping Namco learned something about their netcode with the release of SC4. Not a lot of my friends play Tekken anymore...and online play would be the only driving motivation to keep playing over long periods of time. Lars looks too badass not to play. Here's to hoping the online will be moderately smooth/playable.

This is a big deal to me too. I don't know anyone IRL that is into fighters, so I get all my action online.

AAK

Rayven_king said:
any advice for somebody who wants to to be a wesley(raven) player

Master his undertaker. Raven is probably one of the unsafest characters in the game. So the best tool he has is buffering the undertaker throw with random pokes.

Wark

I'm probably going to drive up to Columbus next Thursday with a couple of my friends to play this at the arcade. Anyone on GAF play at the Gameworks in Columbus?

I really need to brush up on my skills. :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
New TEKKEN 6 Hori Real Arcade PRO Sticks Unveiled!

September 11, 2009

Not satisfied with the Hori wireless arcade stick for your TEKKEN 6 experience? Then go the extra mile and import the TEKKEN 6 Hori Real Arcade PRO! Available on both the Xbox 360 (HRAP-EX) and PlayStation 3 (HRAP3), the new stick is scheduled to come out October 29th and will retail for Y12800 (360) and Y9800 (PS3) respectively. The stick is said to be very limited and preorders are open NOW at Play-Asia! Click below links for more details on how to get one!

3910510005_a134b7db5c_o.jpg

3911292904_8ec9319796_o.jpg

Coming out on 10/29/09 when the JPN version of the game comes out! (Although the sticks usually ship a week before)...

My contact tells me these should be identical to the existing HRAP sticks with same name, but I will not believe it until I see it myself. That said, I'll update this thread once I receive my sticks.

Top Bottom