• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6: fap without fear thread (GONE GOLD)

So I'm way behind on the Tekken 6 news, but how much gouging am I expected to receive in terms of DLC? I heard there was a cardboard tube samurai costume for Yoshi or summat.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Dammit Hori, that button layout for the X360 version makes it useless for Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 XBLA.

I really shouldn't mind since I'm getting the MVC2 stick, but still...

MarkMan said:
In the DVD case, yes.
Okay, thanks. :D

twinturbo2 said:
Dammit Hori, that button layout for the X360 version makes it useless for Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 XBLA.

I really shouldn't mind since I'm getting the MVC2 stick, but still...
Don't blame Hori. It's a Microsoft-imposed mandate that sticks follow that layout.

Hell, even the Japanese TEs weren't exempt.

Details of Wireless Arcade stick

http://www.ps3blog.net/2009/09/23/tekken-6-wireless-arcade-stick-details/

PS3 Wireless Stick Spec

* The first wireless PS3 arcade stick on the market
* 8 button layout / Arcade style joystick and buttons
* Integrated 2.4 GHz high-performance wireless technology for seamless game play
* Licensed Tekken 6 artwork used on the plate design.
* Transmission Range: Up to 32 feet
* Battery life: Up to 40 hours on two AA batteries
* Weight: Less than 2 ½ pounds
* Maximum number of sticks: 7 (when using USB Hub)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
xBerserker said:
Details of Wireless Arcade stick

http://www.ps3blog.net/2009/09/23/tekken-6-wireless-arcade-stick-details/

PS3 Wireless Stick Spec

* The first wireless PS3 arcade stick on the market
* 8 button layout / Arcade style joystick and buttons
* Integrated 2.4 GHz high-performance wireless technology for seamless game play
* Licensed Tekken 6 artwork used on the plate design.
* Transmission Range: Up to 32 feet
* Battery life: Up to 40 hours on two AA batteries
* Weight: Less than 2 ½ pounds
* Maximum number of sticks: 7 (when using USB Hub)

Why does it mention nothing about the size or parts?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Snapshot King said:
So I'm way behind on the Tekken 6 news, but how much gouging am I expected to receive in terms of DLC? I heard there was a cardboard tube samurai costume for Yoshi or summat.
The Cardboard Tube Samurai outfit for Yoshi is the Gamestop pre-order bonus.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
800x600_demo04_copy.jpg

Is that supposed to be Leo in the purple dress???

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
MarkMan said:
Yeah, she's a chick. If she wore that in the initial reveal pics, then we never would have had that discussion about a potential tranny suprise in the first place.

Also, check out the boobs on the robot girl. :D

STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT!

Caj814

RelentlessRolento said:
i like that that pic has emphasis on knowing that her skirt can easily be seen under.

kotaku got pics of character customization stuff.

A Japanese game having a character with a skirt that can't be seen under would be blasphemous now wouldn't it?:lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
RelentlessRolento said:
they've barely shown any PSP stuff and I'm very very curious about what it offers different from the home version.

It doesn't have scenario campaign mode, but it does have this 'other' mode that will probably get people excited (esp for ppl that are always on the go).

But yea, it doesn't offer much over the console version.

scenario mode wasnt expected anyway, but if there's an "on the go" exclusive thing I'll be happy since I'm out of my house riding public transit more than being home.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Less than a month to go everyone!

Countdown is at 30 for North America and 32 for Europe/Japan and most other places.

fffuk... I dont even know enough about the PSP version and I honestly feel like we havent seen enough of the console version... other than you MM... ur prob knee deep in that stuff anyway.

GrayFoxPL

Neil said:
I feel like such a traitor for pre-ordering this on the 360 :/

Now, now. There's nothing dishonorable in changing sides after 15 years of platform unity, comrade.

*Stabs Neil in the back.*

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Haven't the Tekken team been really coy about Leo before? It's either mistranslation from sources or they've been playing with us for over a year :S

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Do you really think this game is going be mostly PS3 owners though? That's something I'm a little worried about given how many Tekken fans own PS3s that I know, and none really own a 360.

Xater

BTW who is going to teach me the ins and outs in Tekken 6? I only ever palyed it casually. Now that I own a stick and get the game at launch I want to really get into it. :D

arstal said:
Do you really think this game is going be mostly PS3 owners though? That's something I'm a little worried about given how many Tekken fans own PS3s that I know, and none really own a 360.

This will probably be the first time the split is in favor of PS3.

Probably a 55/45 or a 60/40 split at most.

The fighting game base is near equal on both consoles if past sales are any indication (Blaz, SF4 were near 50 50, SC4 was 60/40 360).

Regardless, you shouldn't have any trouble finding comp on either system.

"Learning Tekken is going to going to be assrape for me. Our area players consist of Jop, eddy pistons, crow, and djkor FML"

Pffft, you're better off than I am. I'm going into this as one of "those" guys who doesn't even know how to do a hadoken or whatever the equivalent is.

Say, will we be able to unlock custom clothing items and earn fight money while playing online?
Playing against the AI for that stuff doesn't sound fun.

zoukka

_dementia said:
Say, will we be able to unlock custom clothing items and earn fight money while playing online?
Playing against the AI for that stuff doesn't sound fun.

IIRC you could win money in online in T5DR

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm glad to have gotten a ban for supporting Tekken until the end!

Now I'm free and more hyped then EVER. BRING ME SOME TEKKEN. NOW.

Xater

MarkMan said:
Mad updates yo!

Too lazy to update on websites so check this out...

www.twitter.com/sdtekken

Look at the latest trailer/preview from Italian gaming site SpazioGames:

http://www.spaziogames.it/videorecensioni_videogiochi/console_playstation_ps3/3995/tekken-6.aspx

Lots of never before shown (on the net) scenes from the CG cutscenes.

I just saw that you guys plan to have a podcast. I think you should really talk about learning Tekken. Just like with SF4 I guess there will be alot of guys coming back into fighting games or reurning to the series after a long time.

Has anything been said about an option that will allow you to see the default costumes for a person you are playing online instead of the terrible custom shit?

Xater

abstract alien said:
Has anything been said about an option that will allow you to see the default costumes for a person you are playing online instead of the terrible custom shit?

I hope not. I want to annoy you with my custom character.

Top Bottom