• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6: fap without fear thread (GONE GOLD)

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Whats up with all these tweets about Tekken. Was this announced?

readyup *activate* *C2Vnpemmwg* #tekkentalk

readyup *available* #tekkentalk

FindMyFarms said:
Learning Tekken is going to going to be assrape for me. Our area players consist of Jop, eddy pistons, crow, and djkor FML

As long as you play at home you can never get R'ed

If you go to PZ looking for a challenge then its consensual

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
McBacon said:
Whats up with all these tweets about Tekken. Was this announced?

readyup *activate* *C2Vnpemmwg* #tekkentalk

readyup *available* #tekkentalk

Tekken talk is a new tekken game that is in beta, powered by twitter ;)

Masamuna

FindMyFarms said:
Learning Tekken is going to going to be assrape for me. Our area players consist of Jop, eddy pistons, crow, and djkor FML

Wow, haven't heard from Eric in a long time.

I'm so gonna customize Feng into Kazuma Kiryu so I can yell SHOTEH FOCK UP everytime I W! db2,2,2 B! F2,1,2. Mad hype!

"I'm so gonna customize Feng into Kazuma Kiryu so I can yell SHOTEH FOCK UP everytime I W! db2,2,2 B! F2,1,2. Mad hype!"

What heretic language is this.

Caj814

MarkMan said:
Yes podcast is coming!

And SDTEKKEN has it's preview/review copy!

GET HYPE!

So how soon will you be able to put out a detailed review without getting your tongue stomped on by Namco?:lol

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Started to play some online DR- working on Asuka.

I have no clue how to really punish, and so unfamiliar with what chars can do. It's gonna be a LONG learning curve- I can tell.

LowParry

arstal said:

I have no clue how to really punish, and so unfamiliar with what chars can do. It's gonna be a LONG learning curve- I can tell.

Better start getting that learn in quick. Watch a lot of videos, learn basic strats of characters you want to play. Profit.

GrayFoxPL

Teknopathetic said:
I can't remember that many acronyms.

Those are ancient scrolls of Tekken wisdom. Formed in blood and tears of the first great Tekken warriors. 15 years of knowledge.

They will come natural, don't worry.

I started training Kuma in DR. Fuck Steve, start shaking because the Bear is coming in Tekken 6!

I'll amuse everyone with: 3+4, 3, F, 3+4, 4, B, 3+4...etc. Basically HBS to PLD to HBS over and over again. I love it! :lol

LowParry

GrayFoxPL said:
Those are ancient scrolls of Tekken wisdom. Formed in blood and tears of the first great Tekken warriors. 15 years of knowledge.

They will come natural, don't worry.

I started training Kuma in DR. Fuck Steve, start shaking because the Bear is coming in Tekken 6!

I'll amuse everyone with: 3+4, 3, F, 3+4, 4, B, 3+4...etc. Basically HBS to PLD to HBS over and over again. I love it! :lol

EWGFx3 will punish. Puniiiiiiiish!

GrayFoxPL

Once you play the game it'll all become clear.

Btw. MarkMan! Do you know if the game will have Story mode apart of the Tekken Force(which, btw, looking worse and worse every time they do it)? With CG endings and shit?

Without endings like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-COraVN56LE&feature=related

it's not the same. :(

More questions: Is Tetsujin in the game or his skin? Is Combot skin for Mokujin available?

Who remembers Combot? :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
arstal said:

I've been going back to Tekken 5 DR too. Decided to try Lili.

But I'm having a slight problem-- there's nobody online! :lol It's been so long I can't remember; I have the Japanese version of the game. Is the online play region-locked? I could swear I played MarkMan once back when the game first came out.

EDIT: It is. That would explain it!

Masamuna

arstal said:

The biggest problem for punishing frame-wise is that you're using Asuka who can't punish as well as most of the cast.

In DR -

For major whiff punish: F+2_1+2
When you sidestep forcing them to whiff: SSn2 (ie Standing 2)
When you block low with a lot of recovery: WS3

-10: Magic 4 or Standing 1 into strings (no NC)
-13: df1
-16: 1+2
yada yada yada

Lyte Edge said:
I've been going back to Tekken 5 DR too. Decided to try Lili.

But I'm having a slight problem-- there's nobody online! :lol It's been so long I can't remember; I have the Japanese version of the game. Is the online play region-locked? I could swear I played MarkMan once back when the game first came out.

I just started playing it again... man I miss it.

I played MM near launch too but partially cuz he's on me friends list >_<

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Masamuna said:
The biggest problem for punishing frame-wise is that you're using Asuka who can't punish as well as most of the cast.

In DR -

For major whiff punish: F+2_1+2
When you sidestep forcing them to whiff: SSn2 (ie Standing 2)
When you block low with a lot of recovery: WS3

-10: Magic 4 or Standing 1 into strings (no NC)
-13: df1
-16: 1+2
yada yada yada

Thanks. One reason I picked Asuka was that her weakness was lack of punishing. I'm never going to be an ultra precise type, so I need to win by outthinking people, and Asuka seems to be good for that.

Also I liked her style in general. Jin was the other char I was considering.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
GrayFoxPL said:
Once you play the game it'll all become clear.

Btw. MarkMan! Do you know if the game will have Story mode apart of the Tekken Force(which, btw, looking worse and worse every time they do it)? With CG endings and shit?

All endings are CG ;)

You unlock endings you have to start in scenario campaign mode.

From there, you unlock characters one by one. Once they are selectable in scenario campaign mode (you start with Alisa and Lars), you can then go to this special area on the map called "ARENA". Once in the arena you can fight (like old story mode where it has drawings/text intro) and unlock the CG endings.

So yea, it's like story mode is embedded into scenario campaign.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
abstract alien said:
I dont think Ive ever seen anyone play a game this hard in my life.

I have seen someone play much, much worse than this. It wasn't button mashing...it was button SMASHING.

This was easily 11 years ago, if not more, when I was working at a game shop. This big musclebound dude comes in with his girlfriend and friend, and wants to try out Bloody Roar before buying it. We go to put it in the Playstation for him, and he stops, puts his hand up when we hand him a controller, and says he has to use the arcade stick we have on display.

So we hook up a stick, and he looks all confident and ready to show everyone his slick moves, and then proceeds to furiously smash the buttons as hard as he can. Didn't even touch the joystick. :lol It looked like the glass counter he was playing on was going to break! His girlfriend walks off, and his friend can't stop laughing.

Good times.

SOLDIER

Has anyone tried the wireless arcade stick for the 360 version? I'm wondering if there's been any reports on how it works compared to other sticks.

Also any reports on the technical differences between PS3 and 360 versions?

SOLDIER said:
Also any reports on the technical differences between PS3 and 360 versions?

DigitalFoundry just ran a report on T6

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-not-so-high-definition-article

Basic run down is that they both run in a sub HD resolution (1024x576). But if you turn the motion blur off you can get it running in a HD resolution (1365x768). That's just for the 360 version as it's the only one they have at the moment. Neither resolution has AA though.

LowParry

By looking at the vid, they both still look the same with or without the blur. That's strange. I'm curious to see what they say about the PS3 version.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
SolidSnakex said:
DigitalFoundry just ran a report on T6

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-not-so-high-definition-article

Basic run down is that they both run in a sub HD resolution (1024x576). But if you turn the motion blur off you can get it running in a HD resolution (1365x768). That's just for the 360 version as it's the only one they have at the moment. Neither resolution has AA though.

maybe i fail at reading but reading it it makes me think 360 will get the better version.

i hope they are equal but whatever. ill wait it out

GrayFoxPL

MarkMan said:
All endings are CG ;)

You unlock endings you have to start in scenario campaign mode.

From there, you unlock characters one by one. Once they are selectable in scenario campaign mode (you start with Alisa and Lars), you can then go to this special area on the map called "ARENA". Once in the arena you can fight (like old story mode where it has drawings/text intro) and unlock the CG endings.

So yea, it's like story mode is embedded into scenario campaign.

That's crazy! But ok.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I'm getting really hyped for this, which is weird. I haven't cared about Tekken since Tag Tournament, 4 and 5 just lost me. I used to play 1 - TT religiously though.

I'm just hoping the netcode is good. Namco doesn't exactly have a great record with their fighters, I'm a little worried.

LowParry

GuiltybyAssociation said:
I'm getting really hyped for this, which is weird. I haven't cared about Tekken since Tag Tournament, 4 and 5 just lost me. I used to play 1 - TT religiously though.

I'm just hoping the netcode is good. Namco doesn't exactly have a great record with their fighters, I'm a little worried.

Well, if the community speaks up about a bad netcode, I'm pretty sure they'll do their best to fix it. I mean hell, SNK did it.

Pachinko

So I always atleast rent every new tekken game as I recall a fanciful youthtime enjoyment with tekken 3 11 years ago... but the thing is for me atleast DOA/VF fighting engine always clicked better with me for 3d fighting games.

So does tekken 6 still feel like a game best played by scrubbingly mashing LP then RP back and forth or LK then RK depending on the character ? Or does atleast not feel like I"m using a rotary dial to throw out a canned animation ?

I'll still give it as fair a shot as possible but tekken tag/tekken 4 and tekken 5 did little for me.

Anyanka

Pachinko said:
So does tekken 6 still feel like a game best played by scrubbingly mashing LP then RP back and forth or LK then RK depending on the character ? Or does atleast not feel like I"m using a rotary dial to throw out a canned animation ?

:lol
You have no business using any form of the word scrub.

LowParry

Pachinko said:

So you admit to playing like this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLGYfL76X2k

Good lord man, you certainly do not belong here.

As for the netcode being BB quality. It's so a pipe dream. As much as I would kill for that netcode for Tekken, I just don't see it happening with a 3D fighter. Hopefully MM will give us some online impressions in the coming weeks since he's getting the preview copy (or has now).

Kuraudo

Banned
What is an embu anyway? Always wondered that and I've never seen the term used anywhere else.

Anyway, loved the Tekken 3 and Tag ones. 4's was crap.

Kuraudo said:
What is an embu anyway? Always wondered that and I've never seen the term used anywhere else.

Anyway, loved the Tekken 3 and Tag ones. 4's was crap.

According to this, they're using the term wrong.

EDIT: I guess some of the ones in T3 were two person (I forgot). The single person ones are katas.

Kuraudo

Banned
Master Thespian said:
According to this, they're using the term wrong.

EDIT: I guess some of the ones in T3 were two person (I forgot). The single person ones are katas.

Ah cool.

I guess they just picked one term and stuck with it despite them all being single person in the latter ones.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
The commenting on threads bit was acting up on me, and I couldn't post for a bit.

Anyways, I'm pretty confident that I can see Jin's ending from a mile away. Jun shows up, there's some manly tears and momma's boy moments, they team up and defeat the evil forces and shit, the end.

If that happens, I'll be back with the colberticalledit.gif

MarkMan, since you apparently have the game early... am I close?

twinturbo2 said:
The commenting on threads bit was acting up on me, and I couldn't post for a bit.

Anyways, I'm pretty confident that I can see Jin's ending from a mile away. Jun shows up, there's some manly tears and momma's boy moments, they team up and defeat the evil forces and shit, the end.

If that happens, I'll be back with the colberticalledit.gif

MarkMan, since you apparently have the game early... am I close?

More like Jin kill Jun. Jin's gone all emo evil, not nice guy.

Strangely, this has made Kaz into an odd anti hero.

Top Bottom