• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6: fap without fear thread (GONE GOLD)

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
RelentlessRolento said:
More like Jin kill Jun. Jin's gone all emo evil, not nice guy.

Strangely, this has made Kaz into an odd anti hero.
There's no way in hell he's going to kill his own mom. No freakin' way. I'd eat my hat if that happens.

I do agree with you on Kaz, btw.

ReBurn

Gold Member
It's been so long since I've played Tekken that I'll probably be a button-mashing fool for the first couple of weeks. Hopefully it's like riding a bike. Or maybe a moped or a fat chick. Either way, this is gonna be fun.

twinturbo2 said:
There's no way in hell he's going to kill his own mom. No freakin' way. I'd eat my hat if that happens.

I do agree with you on Kaz, btw.
I thought Jun Kazama was killed by Ogre in Tekken 3? Or am I just very, very late?

GrayFoxPL

Slackbladder said:
I thought Jun Kazama was killed by Ogre in Tekken 3? Or am I just very, very late?
You're not.
Asuka is the new Jun and I'm not talking about the fighting style. Most likely she saves Jin from damnation at the end. Still, I hope Namco doesn't pussy out and leaves him evil with all Tekken women at his feet as his sex slaves. Yes, Asuka too.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Slackbladder said:
They never actually answered that question. Didn't the instruction manual for 3 suggest that she's missing?

GrayFoxPL

MarkMan said:
BTW.

Scenario Campaign mode is great. fans of the series will really like it.

After reading more about it I can't wait to play it. Will have to leave gaf on premiere. I don't want spoilers.

Tain

Can anyone shoot me some basic pointers on starting Tekken for someone more familiar with VF (or to a lesser degree, Soul Calibur)?

Tekken is the one fighting game series that just seems downright foreign to me, but I've been kinda interested lately, and I'll be able to play this when it's released.

GrayFoxPL

Xater said:
Cool, looking forward to it.

I'll have so much to learn in Tekken. Maybe GrayFox can teach me. We had some decent SF4 matches. :lol

Alright, but don't freak out when I show you my Wang online. :lol

Also you must call me by the title "Almighty Tekken Lord Sensei Master Sailor Moon Sifu Andy Lau." :D

This will be great! When I lose I'll just say: "I just wanted to show you something." or "Good, good! You are making great progress, I taught you well indeed!" :lol

I already have string of golden thoughts!

"The power coming from your left fist is not enough! Your right fist is also too weak! Focus and merge those powers and you'll become enlighted!"

"What?"

"Push 1+2."

:D

Xater

GrayFoxPL said:
Alright, but don't freak out when I show you my Wang online. :lol

Also you must call me by the title "Almighty Tekken Lord Sensei Master Sailor Moon Sifu Andy Lau." :D

This will be great! When I lose I'll just say: "I just wanted to show you something." or "Good, good! You are making great progress, I taught you well indeed!" :lol

I already have string of golden thoughts!

"The power coming from your left fist is not enough! Your right fist is also too weak! Focus and merge those powers and you'll become enlighted!"

"What?"

"Push 1+2."

:D

Oh god. maybe I need to rethink this. :lol

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Man, I dunno why, but I suddenly really want this game. This'll be the first Tekken I'll have really played much of since... 3?

That game was like... the best shit ever back in '98.

GrayFoxPL

Xater said:
Oh god. maybe I need to rethink this. :lol

Ahh, training running I see. Good! Good! Just remember after 7 or so steps the run becomes unblockable attack of a great force! You have also option of slide with 4 and...Wait, where are you? Wait my student! Don't run away! I have great faith in you!
I'll teach you to attack, counter, parry, counter parry, auto parry, counter the counter, reverse the counter and counter the reversal with chicken! And we haven't even talked over the 25 different stuns!

Bebpo

Banned
Tain said:
Can anyone shoot me some basic pointers on starting Tekken for someone more familiar with VF (or to a lesser degree, Soul Calibur)?

Tekken is the one fighting game series that just seems downright foreign to me, but I've been kinda interested lately, and I'll be able to play this when it's released.

Same. VF player here and I've bought and played every Tekken but I've never really understood it. It's hard for me to learn all the moves and combo strings since they can be kind of long and unfamiliar and I've never really got the flow of the game other than it doesn't flow anything like VF.

Xater

GrayFoxPL said:
Ahh, training running I see. Good! Good! Just remember after 7 or so steps the run becomes unblockable attack of a great force! You have also option of slide with 4 and...Wait, where are you? Wait my student! Don't run away! I have great faith in you!
I'll teach you to attack, counter, parry, counter parry, auto parry, counter the counter, reverse the counter and counter the reversal with chicken! And we haven't even talked over the 25 different stuns!

<3 :D

@MarkMan: Do you have any insights on the T6 strategy guide? Will the thign be woth anything or should I stick to online guides?

GrayFoxPL said:
I call shenanigans.

GrayFoxPL

Tain said:

Bebpo said:
Same. VF player here and I've bought and played every Tekken but I've never really understood it. It's hard for me to learn all the moves and combo strings since they can be kind of long and unfamiliar and I've never really got the flow of the game other than it doesn't flow anything like VF.

Not sure if it'll help you guys, but I found a little faq for you.

http://www.gamerhelp.com/ps2/Tekken5/104124.shtml

Now, this is for Tekken 5 and doesn't go into detail on characters, but it explains the basics of the game in fairly simple way. Don't worry that it's not T6, this little piece of info is general break down of modern tekken game that applies to T6 aswell. I think it's pretty useful and not overwhelming.

GrayFoxPL

thelastword said:
Is there a TAG TEAM mode in this Tekken? Markman....anyone?

Nope.

Tekken Tag became a cult hit in the arcades so Namco did the most logical thing in this situation:

Never released a sequel! :lol

GrayFoxPL said:
Nah, it's just a gimmick while fighting King and Marduk in new "campain" mode.
That's a shame. TTT is probably still my favorite in the series, 6 might change that though.

I guess I'll have to stick to DOA4 to get my current gen tag fix. DOA does what Tekken don't.

/joke

thelastword

Banned
Yeah, bummer...Teggen Tag was the business back in the day. Tekken 6 is still day one though, although I'm a bit disappointed with Namco's output so far this gen.

GrayFoxPL

riskVSreward said:
That's a shame. TTT is probably still my favorite in the series, 6 might change that though.

I guess I'll have to stick to DOA4 to get my current gen tag fix. DOA does what Tekken don't.

/joke

2vcsvab.gif

;)

scotcheggz

Just pre-ordered the PS3 version of this. Very excited I had no idea it was coming so soon. I haven't been keeping up with the thread, so I think I might try to avoid too much news and just go in fresh on day 1.

I've been scanning through the pages a bit and see a lot of people talking about sticks and whatnot, are there no pad warriors for Tekken anymore? I have a couple customs for my other fighters, but I have always played Tekken with a pad. Something just doesn't feel right to me with Tekken on a stick and I never ever managed to get the hang of it. It's a shame becuase I love playing with my sticks :(

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
scotcheggz said:
Just pre-ordered the PS3 version of this. Very excited I had no idea it was coming so soon. I haven't been keeping up with the thread, so I think I might try to avoid too much news and just go in fresh on day 1.

I've been scanning through the pages a bit and see a lot of people talking about sticks and whatnot, are there no pad warriors for Tekken anymore? I have a couple customs for my other fighters, but I have always played Tekken with a pad. Something just doesn't feel right to me with Tekken on a stick and I never ever managed to get the hang of it. It's a shame becuase I love playing with my sticks :(

I pre-ordered it on 360 and PS3. Will get the PSP version too! :lol

I'm a pad player myself, but I don't know which pads I will be using. Might go with the standard Dual Shock and even the standard 360 controller, or see how it feels with the Mad Catz SF4 pads.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
GrayFoxPL said:
Nope.

Tekken Tag became a cult hit in the arcades so Namco did the most logical thing in this situation:

Never released a sequel! :lol
Since T6 has 40 characters, no better time than the present, I say.

Chacranajxy said:
Man, I dunno why, but I suddenly really want this game. This'll be the first Tekken I'll have really played much of since... 3?

That game was like... the best shit ever back in '98.

do it. I wanna make my robots and pandas touch your school girls and yaoi men.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Xater said:
<3 :D

@MarkMan: Do you have any insights on the T6 strategy guide? Will the thign be woth anything or should I stick to online guides?

The jury is still out on this one.

I don't know of any known TEKKEN players working on it.

The TEKKEN 5 guide was awesome though ;)

---

YES! I'm going to draft up an OP for the TEKKEN 6 thread. I plan on posting it live on the 19th of this month.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
MarkMan said:
The jury is still out on this one.

I don't know of any known TEKKEN players working on it.

The TEKKEN 5 guide was awesome though ;)

---

YES! I'm going to draft up an OP for the TEKKEN 6 thread. I plan on posting it live on the 19th of this month.
Can I suggest a title?

Top Bottom