• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Australian Open Tennis Championships (Melbourne, Jan. 14-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbuktu

Why exactly does Robson get so much more press than Watson here in the UK? She have had higher profile matches I guess when she partnered with Murray, but still she isn't the no. 1 here just yet.

mclem

Why exactly does Robson get so much more press than Watson here in the UK? She have had higher profile matches I guess when she partnered with Murray, but still she isn't the no. 1 here just yet.

I think Robson made a big splash with her Junior Wimbledon title, that got her noticed. That said, I think more people are slowly coming around to Watson. It's delightful that we have two rising female stars with at least some potential for pretty much the first time in my lifetime. I do hope they keep pushing to one-up one another, 'cause Watson's ahead at the moment in my book!

modulaire

I guess apart from some high profile matches it helps that her game is a bit more spectacular (when everything works out). And she does fun stuff like the Gangnam Style video with Genie, Sharapova and Stosur.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gGfIwM38xI

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
He said that after the match? Lol douchebag

Haase can take Murray to a five setter if he feels up to it. Hope it's a good match

index.php

szaromir

Banned
He said that after the match? Lol douchebag
Oh Hewitt, just lose with grace.
He was being realistic. Full quote:
Q. Is he an underrated player, do you think?
LLEYTON HEWITT: If he plays like that all the time, he is. I don't think he does play like that all the time.

Q. You think he rose to the occasion a bit tonight?
LLEYTON HEWITT: He played as well as he could play, there's no doubt about it. Yeah, he's only won four titles. There's not too many guys in the top 10 consistently that have only won four titles. So there's something missing there.

But, yeah, I've seen him play big matches against Andy Roddick at Wimbledon. Obviously, he came really close a few years back to beating Roger here. I think he beat Andy as well in the US Open at a night match.

He's a quality player, there's no doubt about it; otherwise he wouldn't be in the top 10. But for him to stay in the top 10, he has to play that level week in and week out.

Q. He's 27, 28. Why do you think he's taken that long to get to the top 10?
LLEYTON HEWITT: No idea. I don't know. I don't know him at all, so I wouldn't have a clue.
Basically Hewitt thinks Tipsarevic could have achieved more if he played like he did yesterday on a regular basis, but he apparently doesn't as he's only won 4 titles, which is not a lot for a top 10 player.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Tough draw for Caroline, too bad because she looks pretty fucking hot this tournament too.

Man, I saw her up close in Cincinnati this summer on a practice court (a bit after she lost to Pavlyuchenkova), and damn. She looks amazing in person.

Kimiko Date-Krumm def. Nadia Petrova 6-2,6-0 in the most lopsided upset of the year. I watched most of the match, and Kimiko doesn't posses any weapons, but she kept the ball deep, angled, and forced a lot of errors on Petrova

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
She has to make the quarters to stay in the top ten. Just delaying the inevitable at this point.

Chris R

Serena getting a retape during that break for the ESPN2 viewers.

edit: EVEN more tape now. Moleskin tape apparently.

Fuck ESPN3. I got Internet and directv but I can't watch their coverage because I don't have an hd receiver and espn3 doesn't like my provider. Cunts.

Kind of impossible to tell if Serena's movement is impaired or not because she didn't have to move in that match at all lol.

LOL, Serena and Sharapova both double bageled their first-round opponents.

Meanwhile Azarenka is dropping games and getting broken by a junkballer..

qindarka

Banned
Federer to lose today to Paire. Have a strange feeling about it. Everyone put in their bets. But don't blame if if you lose.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Hey ESPN2 is showing the open, maybe I should watch some matches!

*one full hour of pundits speculating on Williams' ankle*

:/

Globox_82

Banned
Hewitt is great player, he was unlucky with injuries. Tipsy played great, it was a shame that they played in 1st round.

Federer will play in the final, then anything is possible. He plays great tennis here. 9 straight SF here. From 2004 to 2012. Not going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom