• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Australian Open Tennis Championships (Melbourne, Jan. 14-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

qindarka

Banned
Hewitt is great player, he was unlucky with injuries. Tipsy played great, it was a shame that they played in 1st round.

Federer will play in the final, then anything is possible. He plays great tennis here. 9 straight SF here. From 2004 to 2012. Not going anywhere.

I expect him to reach the SF but could easily see him losing to Murray there. Also don't see a way for him to beat Djokovic in the final.

Lauren Davis drops the first set :(

I wish she was on a TV court, but the girl she is playing is also unranked so its no surprise they stuck them on an outer court

This Monfils/Dogopolov match is producing some of the best tennis of the tournament so far ( as expected)

I don't think i'll be going to sleep until it's over

BowieZ

Banned
46336.jpg

Benoît Paire is a sexy mofo but what an embarrassing display today.

Globox_82

Banned
AO lives up to the hype in the first two days. So many solid matches. 14 five seters, that's sick! I don't remember when that happened last time?! Janko vs hewitt and Gael vs Dog were awesome.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Federer back to his 2010 outfit? He's gonna win this shit :p

I'm also noticing the lack of hype for him from commentators and others, it seems pretty set it's either going to be Murray of Djokovic. Murray's backhand was probably in the best form of the world in that Haase match tho...

Federer back to his 2010 outfit? He's gonna win this shit :p

I'm also noticing the lack of hype for him from commentators and others, it seems pretty set it's either going to be Murray of Djokovic. Murray's backhand was probably in the best form of the world in that Haase match tho...
You should shut those brahs out. Pointless rambling, you will maybe here something intelligent once a fortnight from a commentator.

MIMIC

Banned
What happened?

Something happened to his knee while he was playing. He pushed off of his right foot to stop (which didn't look bad at all), then he suddenly couldn't stand on that leg anymore.

He was heard hearing that he has never had knee trouble (but he has a history of other injuries, including a couple surgeries, IIRC)

MIMIC

Banned
This Ferrer match is great. Dunno who the American is, but he was getting destroyed.

Ferrer went up 6-0, 3-0 and then Smyczek mounted a mini-comeback to bring it to 4-4 in the 2nd set.

Smyczek, ranked 125th in the world, is about to serve for the 3rd set against Ferrer.

Even though thats the only set he'll win, he has a lot to be proud of for fighting back after losing the first 9 games

edit: Stosur loses the first set
edit2: nvm she saved 3 set points
edit3: Stosur loses the first set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom