• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us multiplayer is censored in PAL [Up: Confirmed, all PAL region]

Yes, and so would rape and cannibalism. Would you like that added also?

Last of us story spoilers

during the winter scene the clan led by David are all cannibals and this is clearly demonstrated by him butchering a human body to eat, threatening to cut Ellie up like that, and the storing of dead humans for later consumption. He also threatens and tries to rape Ellie in the burning lodge. Rape and cannibalism are already 'added' and are appropriate for the setting.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/09/27/the-last-of-us-future-dlc-plans-detailed/#comments

Posted on 27 September, 2013 at 2:19 pm by FrIeD-GoAt
While we’re at it, can we talk about uncencoring the countries that DONT DESERVE IT? I can’t believe the whole of the EU got left with the GERMAN CENCORED version to save money.
I wouldn’t have minded if I WAS TOLD ABOUT IT. Now I have to BUY ANOTHER USA COPY and ANOTHER SEASON PASS.
Sort it out sony, you why do you feel its OK to screw over your European customers? Your most successful market I might add.

Posted on 28 September, 2013 at 3:48 am by Eric Monacelli
Thank you for the support of buying two copies.

Trolling much? That's the most unprofessional response I've ever read. Is that why they refuse to uncensor PAL copies via a patch? So that they can milk their customers once again?

Sorry, but Eric needs to be fired ASAP. ND's greedy behavior is the reason I'm gonna buy every ND PS4 game used (there won't be any online passes).

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/09/27/the-last-of-us-future-dlc-plans-detailed/#comments

While we’re at it, can we talk about uncencoring the countries that DONT DESERVE IT? I can’t believe the whole of the EU got left with the GERMAN CENCORED version to save money.
I wouldn’t have minded if I WAS TOLD ABOUT IT. Now I have to BUY ANOTHER USA COPY and ANOTHER SEASON PASS.
Sort it out sony, you why do you feel its OK to screw over your European customers? Your most successful market I might add.

Trolling much? That's the most unprofessional response I've ever read. Is that why they refuse to uncensor PAL copies via a patch? So that they can milk their customers once again?

Sorry, but Eric needs to be fired ASAP. ND's greedy behavior is the reason I'm gonna buy every ND PS4 game used (there won't be any online passes).

Now that's tough response. Holy hell...

vazel

Banned
It's always something with you Europeans. When you aren't whining about your 50Hz it's the censorship. Just enjoy your women.

It's always something with you Europeans. When you aren't whining about your 50Hz it's the censorship. Just enjoy your women.
1) 50Hz? Do you still live in the 90s? We have the same framerate (30 or 60fps) and the same resolution (720p) these days.

2) Are you saying that American women are ugly? I'll disagree, but whatever.

Lol, thankyou? Thats it? wow that is real trolling right there.

Lol, thankyou? Thats it? wow that is real trolling right there.
Exactly. Zero respect for PAL/EU customers.

JhSPfwc.png

He's the Adam Orth/Don Mattrick (#dealwithit Xbone DRM fiasco) equivalent of ND.

Honestly I didn't even notice it, it's not detrimental to the gameplay which is the most important thing when it comes to multiplayer. I can see why people dislike content being censored, but if it means that more people (germany) can play the game I don't mind.

In America we have 1080p.
http://sceuncut.tumblr.com/post/62430932818/beyond-two-souls-october-2013-censored-in-the-eu

UPDATE 29/09/13: Separate cuts to be made to US version too?

PSN user Keiyuu88 has again been scouring German websites and pointed us to the Beyond: Two Souls page of games retailer SpieleGrotte.de. Highlighted in a news post on the listing is the following message (helpfully translated for us by Keiyuu88):

”According to our information, in the European version of Beyond: Two Souls two scenes will be slightly cut. This affects all European versions (UK, AT and so on), as always with Sony. Reportedly, the US version will be slightly cut in erotic scenes. This means, according to Sony, that there won’t be a real uncut version at all.”

A final sentence following that explains that they are unable to offer the US version for sale on their site due to legal issues.

To be honest we really weren’t expecting this, and it now means that there is no clear course of action for gamers to take to receive a fully uncut version - as one won’t exist - and instead it throws up a ridiculous situation in which gamers might have to decide which version of censorship insults them the least.

--

Are you Americans going to complain now or what?

To be honest we really weren’t expecting this, and it now means that there is no clear course of action for gamers to take to receive a fully uncut version - as one won’t exist - and instead it throws up a ridiculous situation in which gamers might have to decide which version of censorship insults them the least.

--

Are you Americans going to complain now or what?

Just gotta wait for that inevitable director's cut or GOTY edition lol. Hackers/Modders could get right on it, splicing the uncut portions from the European version together with the uncut portions of the US version.

Great success.

Top Bottom