• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Spoony Experiment

I might even still have this game at home. He's right about a lot of things, but I do remember playing it more than once so the "zero replay value" isn't really true. Also, you only have an hour to play so if someone disputes the rules, everyone loses. "But this card says..." "What? Let me see that!" "Forget it, just let him have it and move on." So you get stuck between incomplete understanding of the rules and people who take advantage of that to blatantly cheat. Still, my family had fun with it and I was even interested in getting a sequel tape. We never did.

All in all, great review that brought back lots of memories.

Rufus

Joseph Merrick said:
what is more costly, me not clicking on stuff or me clicking on stuff?
There wouldn't be any stuff to click on if not for the ads, so it's the best price to pay short of actually paying a price.

Crye

Joseph Merrick said:
what is more costly, me not clicking on stuff or me clicking on stuff?
I'm at a bit of a loss myself. I've got little problem with the other forms of advertisement we have to deal with but I've stopped viewing websites permanently because of the annoyance of unskippable adverts before videos.

With Spoony... his videos are too good to quit, but I just wont visiting his site as often. I'll wait some time for a build up of videos then load them all at once, every single advert outta the way. No bad feelings towards Spoony for doing it he has gotta pay the bills and if he can get some kind of return on his investment, but if the user experience on a website sours that user visits less. Just the way things work. :/

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Joseph Merrick said:
oh nice, these seem promising.

edit: right. the ads before the vids now are fucking annoying.

Actually those ads are coming from Blip TV and not Spoony himself, every other TGWTG member has them too since they all use Blip.

ANyway, more Horror Game Classics:

http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/2009/10/29/horror-game-classics-–-system-shock/

Horror Game Classics – System Shock

“In my talons, I shape clay, crafting life forms as I please. If I wish, I can smash it all. Around me is a burgeoning empire of steel. From my throne room, lines of power careen into the skies of Earth. My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity. Out of the chaos, they will run and whimper, praying for me to end their tedious anarchy. I am drunk with this vision. God: the title suits me well.”

http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/2009/10/30/horror-game-classics-–-eternal-darkness-sanitys-requiem/

Horror Game Classics – Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem

To think that once I could not see beyond the veil of our reality… to see those who dwell behind. I was once a fool.

bengraven

You know, I've played every FF up until FFXII (skipped that one).

My top three are FFVI, FFIV, and FFVIII. I don't even like JRPGs anymore and I still thought it was the most brilliant of the series and the most beautiful.

jman2050

I'm relieved to know that despite all the justified hate he has for the game's story and characters that he correctly pegs Auron as the badass that he is.

Thank god he likes the battle system. I've always thought FFX was a very underrated game and a huge reason behind it was that the battle system is far deeper and more strategic than any other Final Fantasy game.

I think I've watched nearly every one of his videos. Fuck me :(

Started with AVGN, went to Nostalgia Critic, and have landed at Spoony. I hate me :(

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Shard said:
You know something.. in all the threads where the topic of most disappointing game comes up ive somehow forgotten Privateer 2. He is totally right about everything in this review. The first game was so awesome that the shitfest of a sequel was the most disappointing game ever released.

Just thinking about the game makes me angry grrr. i even bought the special edition of this freaking game.

Top Bottom