• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Spoony Experiment

Pappasman

I just watched the FFVIII review. This guy is so annoying. he just comes off as a whiny kid. I agree with most of his opinions though.

yeah, nothing good since the last swat4 video. and the previous good video before that was also swat4. all this other stuff is just uninteresting and crap

eXistor

I agree that he's not exactly been on fire lately. He should really focus on doing game reviews. His FFX part 1 review was absolutely golden, but that was almost 2 months ago I think. Yet he still finds time to make 1-hour vlogs fairly often. Those are entertaining as well, but I really miss his gamereviews.

Khezu

Should be interesting to watch his take on that game, especially after watching both of the GB ER's.

Though I do wonder how fast he will put these videos out, dude usually takes forever to update.

Rufus

Khezu said:
Should be interesting to watch his take on that game, especially after watching both of the GB ER's.

Though I do wonder how fast he will put these videos out, dude usually takes forever to update.
I don't think I can watch another play-through of that game. I didn't even watch Brad and Ryan's run. Don't think it'll be worth my time. You are right about the speed of his updates though. He does too many different things at once.

jman2050

He really should've stressed more about how ridiculously obviously evil Seymour is within 2 seconds of his first appearance. There's no subtlety whatsoever and I refuse to believe that it wasn't completely intentional, especially considering how the exact same thing happens with Vayne in FFXII.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
jman2050 said:
He really should've stressed more about how ridiculously obviously evil Seymour is within 2 seconds of his first appearance. There's no subtlety whatsoever and I refuse to believe that it wasn't completely intentional, especially considering how the exact same thing happens with Vayne in FFXII.

Well Vayne is a well intentioned extremist...Seymour is just looney tunes.

jman2050 said:

Vayne knows he's an ass, hides it properly in front of the public like any asshole politician would, and is actually somewhat charismatic.

Seymour looks and sounds like a creep.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
jman2050 said:
He really should've stressed more about how ridiculously obviously evil Seymour is within 2 seconds of his first appearance. T.

well I am not fan of FF or JRPG but from what I have played of the series ( mean 7,8,9,10,12 ) all villains are obviously from the get go , one sided characters , and also very poorly written ( like Seymour and Sephiroth ) then again FF villains are like B-rated Shonen villains.

jman2050

Fimbulvetr said:
Vayne knows he's an ass, hides it properly in front of the public like any asshole politician would, and is actually somewhat charismatic.

Seymour looks and sounds like a creep.

I'm talking specifically about the audience being able to peg the "obviously evil" dude from the getgo when it isn't explicitly told to them, notsomuch about the villain's behavior itself. Like in really bad movies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Totobeni said:
well I am not fan of FF or JRPG but from what I have played of the series ( mean 7,8,9,10,12 ) all villains are obviously from the get go , one sided characters , and also very poorly written ( like Seymour and Sephiroth ) then again FF villains are like B-rated Shonen villains.

You sure have played a lot of FF's for not being a fan of JRPG's or FF in general. :lol

jman2050 said:
I'm talking specifically about the audience being able to peg the "obviously evil" dude from the getgo when it isn't explicitly told to them, notsomuch about the villain's behavior itself. Like in really bad movies.

Ah.

Carry on then.

Hela

Spoony's should only review jrpgs for a while, because this is much more enjoyable than anything he's done recently.

eXistor

Awsome, I'm gonna get drunk and watch it, for some reason I feel I have to get drunk when I' m watching Spoony's vids, it gives it an extra dimension...then again, alcohol gives everything an extra dimension. Could just be that I'm an alcoholic.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Seraphis Cain said:
You sure have played a lot of FF's for not being a fan of JRPG's or FF in general. :lol

it was more of "buy what your friends bought and thinks good to be cool" sad problem.

but I saw the light now.

Hela said:
Spoony's should only review jrpgs for a while, because this is much more enjoyable than anything he's done recently.

I love his movie reviews ( Wing Commander , Highlander 2 were good ).

but I just didn't liked his latest Let's Play ( entire SWAT and the Ripper episodes ) were too boring and he used the same jokes many times.

if anything , he just need to drop the overacting/insano/cameos with tgwtg guys parts and just focus on his old style of pure fun reviews.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Totobeni said:

It's really disappointing to hear Spoony say that he "hates the Wii". Not because I'm a Wii fan (well, I mean, I am, but that's not the point) but because I find it disappointing when anyone says they hate any system at all. All three current consoles offer their own gameplay experiences, and I fully believe anyone can find something to like about all three of them.

Plus, if he's trying to be a professional video game reviewer/journalist, he really should try to keep opinions like that to himself. Not saying he can't dislike the Wii all he wants, just that he should keep that dislike out of his videos. Try to remain neutral, at least on camera, or you're going to end up alienating a portion of your fans.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Seraphis Cain said:
It's really disappointing to hear Spoony say that he "hates the Wii". Not because I'm a Wii fan (well, I mean, I am, but that's not the point) but because I find it disappointing when anyone says they hate any system at all. All three current consoles offer their own gameplay experiences, and I fully believe anyone can find something to like about all three of them.

Plus, if he's trying to be a professional video game reviewer/journalist, he really should try to keep opinions like that to himself. Not saying he can't dislike the Wii all he wants, just that he should keep that dislike out of his videos. Try to remain neutral, at least on camera, or you're going to end up alienating a portion of your fans.

I think it's clearly because you are a Wii fan.

it's his own opinion in his site , and no he is not trying to be a "professional gamereviewer/journalist" because he actually don't work in this business , he just got an invite from his friend who has videogame site.

Try to remain neutral, at least on camera, or you're going to end up alienating a portion of your fans

not really ,not for his type of blog/site and work , like Yatzee , most of the time he shits on games , movies , systems , fake wrestling all the time that what he do infront of the camera actually , so the fans are his fans not systems/wrestling/FFX or whatever fanboys.

UrbanRats

Totobeni said:
not really ,not for his type of blog/site and work , like Yatzee , most of the time he shits on games , movies , systems , fake wrestling all the time that what he so infront of the camera actually , so the fans are his fans not systems/wrestling/FFX or whatever fanboys.
That's the good part, afterall.

54-46!

Seraphis Cain said:

I thought the point of being a critic was saying what's on your mind when you review stuff, guess I was wrong :lol

Top Bottom