• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

Build fights are still better than Gaim's or OOO's, but the thing to me is that Build is barely fighting. He didn't break sweat (or got pissed) enough.

Faust is still messing with him. Once the stakes are raised more dramatically or a midseries upgrade is needed, we'll see him get his ass kicked. Maybe this will happen in the debut episode of Claws?

WarRock

Probably, yeah. It would be interesting if, after the teens, Build ends up being a show more about Rider vs Rider fights than main Rider vs kaijins. They'll probably discover more about the origin of the bottles or the Pandora's box and not depend on beating Smashes to get power ups.

Tiu Neo

Geed 13 is a clip show. It explains a bit more about the capsules, but that's it.

Next episode, focus on the other AIB agent.

shaowebb

Geed 13 is a clip show. It explains a bit more about the capsules, but that's it.

Next episode, focus on the other AIB agent.

Geed? Is this Ultraman stuff? I remember a few things about these shows but I can't keep anything about any single Ultraman show in particular straight. What are some of the ones folks say are the best?

javadoze

PHILLIPUUUUUU!!!!

The Kamen Rider Cyclone or W sequel V-Cinemas will never happen, but I can dream.

Geed? Is this Ultraman stuff? I remember a few things about these shows but I can't keep anything about any single Ultraman show in particular straight. What are some of the ones folks say are the best?

If we're talking recent shows, Orb is the best to start out with.

NeonZ

There will be no improvement in fights while Takaiwa remains as the main suit actor. For a few years now (since Gaim at least) his lack of agility and inspiration for the movements and peculiarities of each Rider have been really showing. It was pretty noticeable how much faster Kouta was out of suit than transformed, and transformed he was just fairly generic, without anything to make Gaim's suit acting unique. Then with Drive we even had some reused Faiz movements.

Wizard likely was only better as far as quick movements go because they had a secondary suit actor just for "Extreme Martial Arts" rather than just Takaiwa.

I think they should give the Amazons suit actors some more work. A bit annoying that they stick so hardcore to a couple of people and thats it.

javadoze

Somebody give Genm's suit actor (Yuya Nawata) the lead rider position already. Such a delight to watch.

EDIT: I stand corrected? Apparently he was Build in Ex-Aid 44 while also substituting for Ex-Aid Lv 2 in the finale?

Jeffrey

loved how wizard had different martial arts fighting styles for each of the base forms.

feels like the hand to hand fights in KR have basically been the same for most recent shows.

Basically the same atk/deflect with left hand sequence.

Tiu Neo

Yep, it's the latest Ultraman. It's fine, has some cool things, but Orb was better, even if it was a bit more confusing.

Can't say much of the others, heh.

Tiu Neo

Build 05

So, a curveball to the speculation. But that kinda explains some of it, I guess, heh. Of course, doesn't explain how they ran from Faust, so... It could also be a red herring. Everything still fits a bit too well. We also have some tips about Sento's past - he apparently was a completely different person before .Also, he has at least a few bottles not shown before. Probably by mid-series we'll have repeated monsters or something like that, huh.

Today's fights aren't good on the choreography side, but at least had some cool angles. A few bike scenes too, good to have a Kamen RIDER after all those years.

Also, lots more of Blood Stark. I like him, he's a bastard.

And Ryuga just did something stupid. Next episode, lots of screaming. Plot is progressing nicely.

Big One

Banned
Based on the preview for next week's Build I'm guessing that
Sento is actually Katsuragi in Satou's body.
Oh god I just felt like I read a legit spoiler, lol. That makes way too much sense especially with this episode and the NEP. The Scorpion dude is probably the cafe owner as well, bleh.

WarRock

Build 05
Ryuuga has no chill. Hope he butts heads with Blood Stalk in the future!

Two things I've been appreciating - how they victim of the week is integrated in the plot without being a spotlight stealer for no good reason and the pacing. This episode was heavier on the action but still had exposition, plot advancements, character moments, bike scenes, fight scenes with and without a power up debut and everything was smooth.

Wonder if the other band members will show up?

That certainly would explain
how a punk teen became a science genius in less than 24h of memory loss

Big One

Banned
Build just blew a lot of it's mysteries in this episode.
If I had to guess the series is going to escalate similar to how Ex-Aid and Gaim did and just go further and further down the path. There's still a shitton of stuff we don't know about Build's world, they jsut seem to be getting the mystery of the titular character out of the way. Stuff like the Martians themselves, and the structure of the three nations, as well as Faust's true goals and ambitions are still up in the air.

Sandfox

Build 05
Ryuuga has no chill. Hope he butts heads with Blood Stalk in the future!

Two things I've been appreciating - how they victim of the week is integrated in the plot without being a spotlight stealer for no good reason and the pacing. This episode was heavier on the action but still had exposition, plot advancements, character moments, bike scenes, fight scenes with and without a power up debut and everything was smooth.

Wonder if the other band members will show up?

That certainly would explain
how a punk teen became a science genius in less than 24h of memory loss

Ryuga is 23 and Sento is likely older than him.

WarRock

wait a second
what if Build can use the best matches instead of a single bottle/essence like the Smashes because he has the body one person and the mind of another
?

2-1 Rider strikes again!

Stuart444

Kyuranger - 32

;_; NOOO, Goodbye ship /salute

Stinger joining in with Tsurugi was hilarious

The terminator reference caught me off guard and I laughed more than I should have. Same with the GOOD LUCK bit haha.

Also nice raptor focused ep.

Enjoyed it. Next ep though, Dragon Commaner leaving a ship for them to find in the future?

vareon

Build just blew a lot of it's mysteries in this episode.

The show is pretty nonchalant when it comes to revealing mysteries (owner's past and Sento's past comes to mind). I really enjoyed that. Though it brings into question what the show will have in the later episodes.

Tiu Neo

That would make a lot of sense.
And then, with Sento recovering his memories,
maybe they could find out who killed him. Or maybe the one that was killed was Satou in Katsuragi's body, dunno.

Tiu Neo

Kyurangers 32

I approve Commander Tsurugi (and Stinger as his helper). That scene was hillarious. Nice integration with the opening too.

You know, their excuse to only send part of the team isn't valid anymore. They all are at earth, heh.

And that's it for Orion, Garu has no luck with its ship companions. Next episode we'll probably have Kyuranger's Thousand Sunny.

NeonZ

Funny thing about
Gentaro is that he's returning right around the time of Ultimatum's future story (5 years later).

Edit:
Also, the movie's grunts are called Nebula Bugsters, I wonder if we'll get a follow up on the Dark Nebula/Presenters stuff. Aliens/Presenters could be used to tie in with Gaim too.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Gaim's actor is available this time huh? Neat.

Shame about the lack of W though, would have been perfect.

Tiu Neo

"Be the One" just isn't working for me as an opening.

Yep, it doesn't fit, imo. It's kinda sad, because I really like Build's opening. Wish we got a better song.

Maybe since Ghost, the series curse has gone from suit to opening song, heh.

Toxi

Banned
Yep, it doesn't fit, imo. It's kinda sad, because I really like Build's opening. Wish we got a better song.

Maybe since Ghost, the series curse has gone from suit to opening song, heh.
It's not really a bad song on its own, it just lacks the energy necessary for what it's going for.

Best opening song for me is still "Anything Goes". "Just Live More" and "Journey Through the Decade" are also really good.

Tiu Neo

It's not really a bad song on its own, it just lacks the energy necessary for what it's going for.

Best opening song for me is still "Anything Goes". "Just Live More" and "Journey Through the Decade" are also really good.

Oh, yeah, I like it a lot more than Excite, for example. It just doesn't fit.

I don't really have a favorite, but your list is pretty good. I also like Break the Chain a lot.

I can't wait to see Gentaro smooth back his helmet again.

How are they gonna explain the plothole of him having his suit after destroying it? Will Kouta pull his belt out of his ass?

I enjoy how OOO is just chilling because his bike is too big to learn forward or do stunt jumps.

zNFcJJ7.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kyuranger 32

RIP Orion. Went out like a boss. Good Luck!

Tsurugi and Stinger doing the Kyulette dance was so out of nowhere it was hilarious.

New Megazord next week

Build 5

Wow, so many reveals already. I thought revealing Sento's true name would be a midway thing, not the fifth episode.
Ninnin Comic was pretty cool. Would have preferred Pirate Comic though.

Banjou you asshole...

vareon

The post-Decade Rider actors will have appeared on a crossover movie outside of their own at least once by the time the movie hits.

kaitain19

I can't wait to see Gentaro smooth back his helmet again.

How are they gonna explain the plothole of him having his suit after destroying it? Will Kouta pull his belt out of his ass?

Couldn’t Nadeshiko just simply make another belt for him?

Then again, the writers will most likely just handwave it away. Like they do with every plotholes and continuity errors.

Top Bottom