• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
tumblr_ouun3n4wd61qioqevo1_1280.gif

Remember how they spent like half of season 3 of SAO building up to Kirito fighting against death gun.

And then it was over in like 5 minutes?

showdown stuff:

the tangents you guys go on are amazing

we actually talked about Man of Steel and how Henry Cavill looks really good with a beard for like 5 minutes that i cut for flow so i could do the dumb cold open thing

i don't know how this happens all the time

I always just assumed Paul Dini kept him from going full Bruce Timm.

see, i dunno. because Paul Dini has also written stuff that's just fucking bad, too. just maybe not as publicly as Bruce Timm lately. and Dini wasn't involved much with the Justice League cartoon, either, so i guess i have to think of all that as some greater than the sum of its parts deal? no one who's moved on from these shows has ended up as being obviously The One who made them work.

To be fair, it's too late for Yorknew and too early for Greed Island, Jojo just got started, Lupin is too episodic, and AoT and GItS are both reruns. So the only other options they could've had for the marathon were...Resurrection F or Tokyo Ghoul.

So.
Ya'll didn't want to marathon the adventures of Super Edgelord God Super Edgelord?
Hisoka would have just stood there.
Hisoka has no shame.

cntr

Banned
Started yesterday, huh.

Yeah, I kind of doubt it'll last.

It's full of people that can't stand the sub, which I just equate to people unwilling to change.
The subs get a lot of undeserved shit, but I do think Super is a lot more entertaining dubbed. The style of humor and being able to hear voices in a language you understand, that's a lot better.

Nobody told me that there's a separate DB Super dub thread. Now less people are going to be group-watching with us during Super.
I don't think anybody who would bother to join the thread would switch over, tbh. Jack had a separate OT, but nobody here went over to it, and we actually got more people over here.

Seda

It's full of people that can't stand the sub, which I just equate to people unwilling to change.

I think sometimes people believe the regulars in this thread are anti-subtitles or whatever when most people in here are pretty deep into the anime scene.

Also I wonder if that thread OP has any idea this thread exists.

Seda

I do think Super is a lot more entertaining dubbed. The style of humor and being able to hear voices in a language you understand, that's a lot better.

I definitely think there's some truth to this. I remember some Super watchers discussing how the in-between-arcs episodes are really 'boring', but those have usually been humorous and well received in this thread. Maybe people watching the Japanese version are waaaay into 'what happens next?!' and less so on just banter/interactions between characters. I think the characters bounce off of each other pretty well and maybe is less 'boring' when watching in English. Like the Vegeta/Bulma interactions in the previous episode, for example.

I think sometimes people believe the regulars in this thread are anti-subtitles or whatever when most people in here are pretty deep into the anime scene.

Also I wonder if that thread OP has any idea this thread exists.
I'm not lumping you guys in with that. Anybody saying the sub is shit doesn't need their opinion respected. If the dub wasn't so annoyingly behind I'd be watching it, but it's not even at the good stuff yet. I'll probably get to the dub when I want to rewatch DBS at some point.
I definitely think there's some truth to this. I remember some Super watchers discussing how the in-between-arcs episodes are really 'boring', but those have usually been humorous and well received in this thread. Maybe people watching the Japanese version are waaaay into 'what happens next?!' and less so on just banter/interactions between characters. I think the characters bounce off of each other pretty well and maybe is less 'boring' when watching in English. Like the Vegeta/Bulma interactions in the previous episode, for example.
The Super thread puts WAY too much thought into what they're watching. I'm one of the least active people in that thread...that should tell you something.

I mean, a lot of people also think Dragon Ball is supposed to be super serious business and hate Battle of Gods because it's not the Broly movie

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I mean, a lot of people also think Dragon Ball is supposed to be super serious business and hate Battle of Gods because it's not the Broly movie
but the broly movie is the perfect summary as to why dbz is awful & even put me to sleep with how boring it was.

Battle of Gods is easily one of the best things DBZ brought.

caliph95

but the broly movie is the perfect summary as to why dbz is awful & even put me to sleep with how boring it was.

Battle of Gods is easily one of the best things DBZ brought.
While Gods is all the best stuff aboutdragon ball
And rof is both the good and the worst parts

Moaradin

Best thing about RoF is how much Beerus and Whis trivialize the fight (in both the movie and the series). I know a lot of people go MUH STAKES, but I honestly loved it lol

Xe4

Banned
Dragon Ball will always be at its best when it's light hearted and not taking itself seriously.

Tournament battles are the best type of fight in Dragon Ball though it's at its best when there's no fighting at all.

Dark, serious plots just make me wish I was watching a show that executed it better.

caliph95

The DBS thread can get heated
The
Angels
Attendants and GoDs are the best part about super, they're so fun
Besides Zamasu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom