• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, there's some filler left in Kai.

Example include Ginyu-Bulma, Dr. Gero's beatdown on Krillin, Krillin fighting Imperfect Cell, and Krillin's failure to use the Destructo Disk on Perfect Cell.

Oh I forgot that was filler. Wonder if they're gonna leave Goku vs. Majin Vegeta in the Buu saga

MikeMyers

Much like most fights in the Babidi Spaceship portion of the story the Majin Vegeta fight is in the comic but is mostly filler, as is Goku's fight with Cell.

World Trigger is a lot of fun so far, it's not amazing though I think it's entertaining. It has some good comedy bits and writing but quiet a bit of action that keeps things moving. Think it's a show that Toonami GAF will really enjoy in 2015

daveo42

Banned
I take a nap and I miss out on coupons?! I agree with a printer being a boring gift and that most of the time gifts for birthdays and Christmas are more extravagant, meaning more than just something useful. I guess just think of what she'd really want or would really like and go out there and get it. Believe in the heart of the cards and pray to the shounen gods of love and friendship and you'll be fine.

I'm predicting everything got at least 1 viewer

alternatively get her a 3d printer that prints out those coupon machines that are at the stores.

I actually spit food out of my mouth reading these two comments. You win the last page Dr.

You mean to tell me that TheAbsolution isn't a wide-eyed little puppy?

dont-believe-his-lies.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Actually, there's some filler left in Kai.

Example include Ginyu-Bulma, Dr. Gero's beatdown on Krillin, Krillin fighting Imperfect Cell, and Krillin's failure to use the Destructo Disk on Perfect Cell.

That stuff got left in but not them driving cars?

That stuff got left in but not them driving cars?

Can't comment on the later two, but I know the whole Bulma/Ginyu think is too interlaced with canon scenes and exposition that happen from Piccolo and Gohan. They'd either have to redo a couple of scenes or just keep the sub plot in.

Gucci Messiah, while I agree with you fully about the topic at hand (It's certainly a subject that should be treated more seriously even in animated media), I think it's still unfair of you to post that untagged. Spoilers are spoilers. I'm not trying to enter this debate. It's been covered. I'm not trying to backseat mod. And I don't think it contributes much to the overall storyline. I just think you determining what ruins the story doesn't matter. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

I personally don't think I spoiled anything but for the sake of others who might not see things the way I do, I went back and tagged certain things. Rape/Molestation, even in animated form, is a serious subject so excuse me for getting heated earlier; I had to step back from the internet and take a break because the arguments some people were putting up legit pissed me off. But yeah, I'm sorry for the untagged content.

Okay the more I read the more I look forward to World Trigger on Toonami in 2015, it kind of feels like the author took the best elements of early Bleach and early Naruto and blended them to create something while maybe not super original is entertaining and pretty cool.

bigkrev

He biggest problem with World a trigger is that the artist doesn't know how to draw faces. Everyone looks the same.

Amikami

Banned
I had to step back from the internet and take a break because the arguments some people were putting up legit pissed me off. But yeah, I'm sorry for the untagged content.

Eh. The net is full of argument. It happens, we get heated up, and we have to cool down. If you experience emotion than it's gunna happen when differing views happen. Unlike 'just everyone on the net', and I mean the net in general, you put a lot of thought into your arguments and for that I respect you even if ever come a time I disagree. This thread and gaf in general are pretty good at that. But thanks for tagging, for the sake of those who haven't watched.

Okay the more I read the more I look forward to World Trigger on Toonami in 2015, it kind of feels like the author took the best elements of early Bleach and early Naruto and blended them to create something while maybe not super original is entertaining and pretty cool.

Alright, now I'm getting interested. The question is should I try a bit of the manga or wait for it to be anime?? I guess it won't hurt to try a volume.

I can't stand the "3" faces.

3_3

Amikami

Banned
Yeah, it was a great scene. I also liked that one scene where Orihime was replaying Ichigo offering her into the house. I've been getting some legitmate laughs out of Bleach, not laughs related to how bad I thought something was, but actual...laughter.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The last three Bleach episodes have been really quite entertaining. Things look to be getting more serious though which is usually where my enjoyment starts petering out.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I suppose the question here is how much Aniplex USA want Kill la Kill on the network. Like them doing the cuts instead of the Toonami people.

Gorillaz

I didn't even think about the cost that comes with editing up the scenes themselves, that might be another case in "is the payoff worth the risk/work?". Also lol at someone comparing the boondocks with it.

Censoring words in general like n bombs aren't the same as having to edit full scenes. Boondocks, barely gets by, they actually got into a lot of trouble with certain episodes like the anti BET one and the anti Tyler Perry one. The Tyler Perry one was taken off the air altogether (he actually told them not to show it on air anymore or "else"), so it's not like they are already on the line with the shows they have now.

Gorillaz

aww fuck, they took the Tyler Perry episode off the air? But it's so good. And fuck Tyler Perry.

It was pretty rough, so not surprised something happened. Even just the first few mins of the episode was him shittalking Perry. The BET one was more of them saying "fuck them" after the deal fell through, since Boondocks was going to end up on BET sometime during season 2.

Interesting sidenote I didn't know the same animation studio that worked on Lagoon and HxH dude the animation on Boondocks. Or atleast they did one of the earlier seasons.

He biggest problem with World a trigger is that the artist doesn't know how to draw faces. Everyone looks the same.

I can see that being a problem, though everyone's hair and outfits are usually unique enough to not let it be a problem

Alright, now I'm getting interested. The question is should I try a bit of the manga or wait for it to be anime?? I guess it won't hurt to try a volume.

Unlike some shonen manga I've never really had a problem following the action or characters so its easier to recommend the manga especially when the sub anime is still a ways off. Guess it really comes down to personal taste and your free time

I'm interested in seeing the ratings for Cooler's Revenge today even though it'll likely be around the 1M mark. Keep in mind that ratings dip hard during Memorial Day weekend; Game of Thrones didn't air a new episode on Sunday to avoid the drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom