• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
that's off topic for you. Gaming never has those sort of weird "fictional crushes".

...........so how long until persona 5's release will there be waifu wars & "NAH, THE P4 GIRLS WERE SO MUCH BETTER THAN P5'S!"....

Grexeno

that's off topic for you. Gaming never has those sort of weird "fictional crushes".

...........so how long until persona 5's release will there be waifu wars & "NAH, THE P4 GIRLS WERE SO MUCH BETTER THAN P5'S!"....
Don't you mean "man Persona 4 was superior in every way."

Regiruler

You know, you would think I would know better than to look at the miiverse for breath of the wild.

It hasn't really spoiled me of anything because I'm not really paying attention but I'm really dancing a fine line.

cntr

Banned
I remember that in The Martian, they changed a character's name from "Venkat Kapoor" to "Vincent Kapoor" since he was played by a black actor in the movie, to make it more plausible. So they probably decided to change the Major's name to something less overtly Japanese by similar logic.

...that said the only reason they did that in The Martian was 'cause the Indian actor they hired dropped out at the last moment, and the GitS movie has no good excuse like that, so...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At the very least, that sounds similar to the original name, sort of like what Disney did with Doraemon (i.e. Nobita Nobi was changed to Noby Nobi Boy & Shizuka was changed to Sue), but at least Disney has the excuse of "we're aiming it towards kids & they might have trouble pronouncing/understanding some of the names", & that Martian name change seems to make sense from a racial point of view.

I just don't get who they're aiming this GitS movie for. It's suppose to be some weird mish-mash retelling of 3 different stories across the movies & TV series, which is suppose to help with making it appeal to a wider audience, but at the same time, it feels like they're changing so much to the point why not just make it its own original thing instead of "PEOPLE RECOGNIZE THIS NAME, THEREFORE IT'LL GET MORE ATTENTION" & annoying the fanbase/misinforming people about the rest of the franchise because their initial opinion will be based on the movie, therefore possibly pushing them away from checking the rest of the series because the live-action movie wasn't good, therefore the stuff that inspired the movie must be bad too.

Hell, I completely forgot they're making a BAYWATCH movie....WITH THE ROCK.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm incredibly late on this, but I've been playing Bastion. And it's amazing, yo.
The Kid discovered one of the best digital-only games from the previous generation. Even years later, there was still fun to be had, despite its age.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Despite the fact I have Transistor via PS+, I've never been motivated to try it out.

Meanwhile, seems Zelda will arrive Monday now, thank goodness...but now it's arriving a day before Nier Automata, aarrrgggghhhh why did these games have to come out so close together?!

ckohler

wavUPDx.jpg

Kinda funny but you.guys are selling Horizon waaaay too short. I watched my buddy play Zelda for a few hours yesterday and it was great but as someone whose playing Horizon instead, I wasn't jealous. Both games are fantastic.

Don't you mean "man Persona 4 was superior in every way."

Good thing everything I've seen and read says P5 is superior. I love P4 with a passion but P5 looks head-over-heals better.

Regardless, let's forget the hostilities. It's an exciting time for games, period!

Kinda funny but you.guys are selling Horizon waaaay too short. I watched my buddy play Zelda for a few hours yesterday and it was great but as someone whose playing Horizon instead, I wasn't jealous. Both games are fantastic.
The fact that people don't think there's a place for both games is highly annoying in my opinion.

Toonami-day friends!

Should be a fun night.

Anyway 2017 has been fantastic for games already. Just about everyone probably has something they're enjoying.

Unless you were really looking forward to Scalebound.

...In which case you might not.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Finally, new mouse and keyboard.
Things aren't acting weird anymore. I can now type properly! Just in time for Toonami night.

There's always a place for Gex or Timesplitters next to Super Mario 64 and Halo as well. That place is largely forgotten.
Horizon isn't Zelda isn't isn't a timeless classic like Zelda, but so far the game is pretty damn good. Link might look like a girl, but at the very least Sony hasn't forgotten about the existence of heroines.

It really is.
Like I usually try not to state this in public, but the elitism mentality behind some Nintendo fans, I'm not even pointing fingers to anybody even on GAF or GAF in general is a bit of a turn off. They act like video games wouldn't exist or even be relevant today if it wasn't for Nintendo.

Morlas

Yeah i remember when i used to think like that, but as i got older console wars stopped really mattering to me, but still Zelda is so good guys! so good....does anyone else love cooking different stuff in this game because for some reason that's almost as fun as actually adventuring in this game...by which i mean very.

Ray Down

Banned
Like I usually try not to state this in public, but the elitism mentality behind some Nintendo fans, I'm not even pointing fingers to anybody even on GAF or GAF in general is a bit of a turn off. They act like video games wouldn't exist or even be relevant today if it wasn't for Nintendo.
Oh I agree.

I'm also annoyed at elitism across the board when it comes to games, franchise, certain fans of developers who when they praise or attack other games that sound like they have their heads up their own ass so far they might as well be seeing what they had for dinner or popping a hole though their neck.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Just beat Gravity Rush 2 and that went some weird ass places in the end. Was not expecting body horror on a large scale like that.

Oh I agree.

I'm also annoyed at elitism across the board when it comes to games, franchise, certain fans of developers who when they praise or attack other games that sound like they have their heads up their own ass so far they might as well be seeing what they had for dinner or popping a hole though their neck.
It's gotten to a point where I just play what I like and don't even bother trying to bash anything anymore. There's stuff that I don't like, but I don't think I'm going to harass or talk down to people because they like certain games.
Just beat Gravity Rush 2 and that went some weird ass places in the end. Was not expecting body horror on a large scale like that.
I like Gravity Rush 2, but that game makes me dizzy every time I play it, I don't even know why.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I like Gravity Rush 2, but that game makes me dizzy every time I play it, I don't even know why.

The camera is probably one of my biggest complaints as there are a few story missions its an absolute nightmare. Though the entire premise of the came doesn't help combined with the powers. You're often all disoriented by flying around and making one too many quick direction changes, especially in tighter quarters.

The camera is probably one of my biggest complaints as there are a few story missions its an absolute nightmare. Though the entire premise of the came doesn't help combined with the powers. You're often all disoriented by flying around and making one too many quick direction changes, especially in tighter quarters.
This might be it. I normally don't get motion sickness, but after about an hour I just have to stop and lay down.
I made a thread about SuperEyepatchWolf's analysis on "Why You Should Watch Samurai Jack".
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=231487595#post231487595

I really enjoy this guy's videos.
I'm still waiting for him to do a Yu Yu Hakusho video, it's obvious the dude loves it, but he never does a video for it.

Ray Down

Banned
It's gotten to a point where I just play what I like and don't even bother trying to bash anything anymore. There's stuff that I don't like, but I don't think I'm going to harass or talk down to people because they like certain games.

Same though I will still talk shit here and their but with a sense of sarcasm, like my Pudding and Sanji posts.

Same though I will still talk shit here and their but with a sense of sarcasm, like my Pudding and Sanji posts.
I think I've turned most of my fanboy energy over to photography. I don't care if a person uses a Canon, but I won't use one if I have control over it. I <3 Nikon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This is how I feel with my co-worker. I think I might've mentioned this, but for some reason, he can't accept the fact I own consoles along with Nintendo ones. He told me the day before the Switch launch that I should sell my Sony consoles to help pay for it, I told him no, then he suggests selling my Microsoft consoles. He even will try to defend the Nintendo version of a game was the "best" of the multiplatforms.....despite there are multiple cases where that's not true (i.e. Dead Rising)

Like christ, man, what the hell is wrong with liking something else along with Nintendo? I want to have a wide variety of games to play, not limit & close myself off to soooo many titles that weren't on Nintendo's stuff. I flat-out told him him he doesn't need to stop liking Nintendo (& that we're not hating on Nintendo, we just have other systems because we want games that Nintendo doesn't have) when we suggest he should get a PS3 or 4 since based on his gaming interests, he'd find plenty of games he'd like (hell, HE'S STATED THERE'S FRANCHISES HE SEEMS INTERESTED IN THAT'S SONY EXCLUSIVE, BUT STILL REFUSES CUZ THAT'S A NINTENDON'T), but nope, 8 out of 10 games I'll be talking about with my friend, he'll come up & be all "HOW COME IT'S NOT AVAILABLE ON NINTENDO?!" despite telling him about 5 different damn reasons why.

Yeah, I still enjoyed the game, but the last set of chapters were.........weird. The story in general felt really disjointed.

Ch....12, was it (the one where you learn Jupiter) was easily the worst mission I had to play from both games & the one that encapsulates the worst aspects of the series. It was the only time I truly felt disoriented because of how small & similar looking the corridors looked with little to help you guide you to the correct path.

I usually tried my best to keep clicking the R3 button to keep the camera in a way that wasn't a bother, but I can still understand the complaints. I fully understand why some people think this works better as a "mechanic" than an actual game. Giving the player complete control where they can fly really makes it difficult as to how you design a game.

This is how I feel with my co-worker. I think I might've mentioned this, but for some reason, he can't accept the fact I own consoles along with Nintendo ones. He told me the day before the Switch launch that I should sell my Sony consoles to help pay for it, I told him no, then he suggests selling my Microsoft consoles. He even will try to defend the Nintendo version of a game was the "best" of the multiplatforms.....despite there are multiple cases where that's not true (i.e. Dead Rising)

Like christ, man, what the hell is wrong with liking something else along with Nintendo? I want to have a wide variety of games to play, not limit & close myself off to soooo many titles that weren't on Nintendo's stuff. I flat-out told him him he doesn't need to stop liking Nintendo (& that we're not hating on Nintendo, we just have other systems because we want games that Nintendo doesn't have) when we suggest he should get a PS3 or 4 since based on his gaming interests, he'd find plenty of games he'd like (hell, HE'S STATED THERE'S FRANCHISES HE SEEMS INTERESTED IN THAT'S SONY EXCLUSIVE, BUT STILL REFUSES CUZ THAT'S A NINTENDON'T), but nope, 8 out of 10 games I'll be talking about with my friend, he'll come up & be all "HOW COME IT'S NOT AVAILABLE ON NINTENDO?!" despite telling him about 5 different damn reasons why.
I believe you did and I have no time for fools. I like a lot of games, but I don't love Nintendo like I used to because there are a lot of games that I can't find on a Nintendo console. Shit some of my favorite franchises were Nintendo franchises that they either currently ignore or can't make a proper sequel to just because they feel like they have to over innovate every god damn thing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I recall telling him I tend to get Sony products because that's were all the big Japanese developers went after stuff like the N64 not having CDs & the Wii being underpowered/not easy to port to compared to PS360, & was also the reason why he would like a PS3 or 4, because the companies he likes (Sony, Capcom, etc.) have games on there he would enjoy, along with the stuff he expressed interest in like Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, etc.

There's times I don't mind talking to him, but then other times, I just don't feel like it because he just has this "why do you need other consoles, NINTENDO IS ALL YOU NEED!" tone to him & spends most of his money on games (my friend said he was talking to another co-worker & mentioned said Nintendo fanboy was planning on buying every Switch launch game, like wtf, that's a lot of money on top of a new system).

If anything, Neogaf reminds me there's people who prefer Nintendo, but aren't snobby/holier than thou about it. Heck, I partake in the Nintendo Downloads thread each month since I like seeing if there's something I want to get.

your coworker sounds like a maniac

like legit an actual crazy person
He's about 10 years older than me (mid-30's), but still lives with his parents. That alone makes me not want to take his opinions seriously since it seems he doesn't seem to understand that the others (i.e. myself & my friend) have this things called bills & such to take care of, and also doesn't help he expects my friend & I to be playing/buying games 24/7. Every time I tell him I was going to the store after work, he asks "to buy games?"......because "groceries" isn't something that exists to him....

Just last night, after asking me if I got my Switch, he asked me what time I got it....what does that matter? Hell, there was a time I was telling him about when I got lucky about 5-6 years ago with getting two bottles from a vending machine, he asked what flavor of soda I got, I told him "...I guess cherry pepsi, since I like that flavor", & his response was "WELL HOW COME YOU DIDN'T GET MOUNTAIN DEW?"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I recall telling him I tend to get Sony products because that's were all the big Japanese developers went after stuff like the N64 not having CDs & the Wii being underpowered/not easy to port to compared to PS360, & was also the reason why he would like a PS3 or 4, because the companies he likes (Sony, Capcom, etc.) have games on there he would enjoy, along with the stuff he expressed interest in like Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, etc.

There's times I don't mind talking to him, but then other times, I just don't feel like it because he just has this "why do you need other consoles, NINTENDO IS ALL YOU NEED!" tone to him & spends most of his money on games (my friend said he was talking to another co-worker & mentioned said Nintendo fanboy was planning on buying every Switch launch game, like wtf, that's a lot of money on top of a new system).

If anything, Neogaf reminds me there's people who prefer Nintendo, but aren't snobby/holier than thou about it. Heck, I partake in the Nintendo Downloads thread each month since I like seeing if there's something I want to get.

He's about 10 years older than me (mid-30's), but still lives with his parents. That alone makes me not want to take his opinions seriously since it seems he doesn't seem to understand that the others (i.e. myself & my friend) have this things called bills & such to take care of, and also doesn't help he expects my friend & I to be playing/buying games 24/7. Every time I tell him I was going to the store after work, he asks "to buy games?"......because "groceries" isn't something that exists to him....

Just last night, after asking me if I got my Switch, he asked me what time I got it....what does that matter? Hell, there was a time I was telling him about when I got lucky about 5-6 years ago with getting two bottles from a vending machine, he asked what flavor of soda I got, I told him "...I guess cherry pepsi, since I like that flavor", & his response was "WELL HOW COME YOU DIDN'T GET MOUNTAIN DEW?"

He does, honestly, sound like a dim witted, socially maladjusted version of me when I was twelve or so. He does have good taste in his fanaticism though. In previous jobs I've met the Sony and Microsoft versions of him, and woo boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom