• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

I will say this, I kind of wish GXP had aired at the midnight slot so that opening line of the theme song "you know you bring me sadness midnight" would be extremely appropriate

GAF-Man!!!!!!

leN74P3.jpg

sounds like a nerd who's mad that toei has their priorities straight

tumblr_inline_np1in18T4y1r2lww4_500.gif

Mizerman

One Piece moar like Ine Piss amirite

why isnt One Piece more popular here ;_;

4Kids certainly didn't help with One Piece reputation in the West.

Mother of God... I tried to forget...

Hey, it's in my memories as well. Trying to repress it was never easy.

Like what? What could POSSIBLY BE WORSE

Well fortunately I think that's a moot point since they won't actually go for anything like that.

I blame you if something actually happens to make your statements come true. Because there's no god.

Regiruler

It is a shame since the manga ending would have capped things off nicely. But the anime did get me to read the manga so that is something.
I guess it's better than butchering it with a filler ending since it means they can go back to it if there is ever a reason do. I highly doubt it though.

What is Black Bullet and why is it so bad?

Think Attack on Titan with bug monsters, replace motion gear and titan with cybernetically enhanced teenage boys and lolis with super powers then throw in some agk edge. Its the most hilariously terrible kind of shlock, the main villain even wears a mask for no reason.

Tenumi

Banned
I mean, it's literally impossible for whatever replaces Akame ga Kill! to not be an upgrade.

Sounds like a challenge!

Oh please no, nothing worse!

If it really is AGK's replacement... I'm not really sure from Sentai's bank of shows.

...If not Sentai.... maybe Funi with Dimension W?

Grexeno

While we're on shows ending, here's the show ending dates updated with Champloo.

Akame ga Kill!: February 20
Parasyte –the maxim-: April 9
Kill la Kill: April 9
Samurai Champloo: June 25
Dragon Ball Z Kai: November 26, 2016 (not including Buu Arc), January 27, 2018 (including Buu Arc)
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I mean the dubbing isn't amazing, but this clip doesn't really do a good job of conveying why the series is so special.

That's way too racist to ever air on US TV.

Has terraformars ever been dubbed? Also since the anime skips the first arc demarco and co could easily see just an episode or two and think it'd be a cool show without seeing the more racist stuff that appears later in the anime.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Has anyone updated the end dates yet? These are probably inaccurate but our next big get will be in February.

Akame ga Kill: February 20th
Parasyte: April 9th
Kill la Kill: April 9th
Samurai Champloo: June 25th
Dragon Ball Z Kai: September 17th (Original Ending) November 18th 2017 (Buu Saga Ending)
Naruto Shippuden: Oh god how is it still going? The manga's over!
One Piece: The Heat Death of the Universe

EDIT: OH MY GOD GREXENO!

Raxus

That's way too racist to ever air on US TV.

As much as I want terrible anime on Toonami as a joke even that is a step too far. The thread for it is pretty glorious though. All the pics of how glaringly racist it is makes me laugh every time. That and their definition of the 'epitomy' of man. Shit I want to post a picture of the latter. It would get a bunch of 'wut' reactions from everyone here.

Grexeno

If it really is AGK's replacement... I'm not really sure from Sentai's bank of shows.

...If not Sentai.... maybe Funi with Dimension W?
From Sentai, Log Horizon and Ushio & Tora are prime candidates.

Dimension W is a good candidate, but maybe not that early in the year.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Has terraformars ever been dubbed? Also since the anime skips the first arc demarco and co could easily see just an episode or two and think it'd be a cool show without seeing the more racist stuff that appears later in the anime.

The only licensee that has the Terra Formars anime is a French company called Kaze (their UK branch at least)

Nothing from Funimation, Viz, Aniplex, or Sentai.

Though Viz has licensed the manga.

Line_HTX

Okay, so, even though I know full well Terraformars is racist as shit, and just as racist and predictable at who is actually the main villains...

I can't wait for Terraformars Revenge in April. I just want to see how stupid and convoluted it goes to see how they
deal with the opportunist saboteurs.

From the Ask of DeMarco:
Does the announcement on Toonami's tumblr page tomorrow have anything to do with that "BIG" announcement you've been teasing?

No. Before people make this into something more than it needs to be, I will say here: it's NOT a show announcement. It's much smaller than that. Just a fun little thing. Temper expectations accordingly! :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We sit around & talk about how we sit around & talk about Toonami. Remember that time we talked about how we were hoping for Samurai Champloo to return & bam, a few hours later, it was confirmed?

Grexeno

We sit around & talk about how we sit around & talk about Toonami. Remember that time we talked about how we were hoping for Samurai Champloo to return & bam, a few hours later, it was confirmed?
We were only talking about Samurai Champloo at that time because DeMarco had confirmed the new show was an "old" show, and we got to Champloo pretty quickly.

Eh, okay.

But y'know its about time FUNi announced Buu Saga Kai already. I wonder what the hold up is? unless its stuck in limbo like the 3 DBZ specials are (2008 special, Bardock special, Raging Blast special)

I want to make this clear, at no point have I ever bullied anyone on neogaf, and these malicious attacks on my character undermine the very principles that neogaf was created on.

Also Line is stupid, and his big ugly face is dumb as a butt.

Top Bottom