• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

K-On for T-Oonami

....yeah, I just did not get the appeal of that show, it was just so boring. I almost skipped Nichijou because I thought it was just another of "that" kind of show because A-Channel confirmed that style of show was boring but thank goodness I didn't since Nichijou actually had COMEDY in it.

Not a fan of cute girls doing cute things Zonic? :p

I don't blame you, it's not really my cup of tea either. New Game! is probably about my limit for that type of anime.

If we're going to get something by that studio can we just get Haruhi or whatever? At least that would be interesting and spawn discussion.

Knowing our luck, we'd probably get Myriad Color Phantom World. lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

I don't blame you, it's not really my cup of tea either. New Game! is probably about my limit for that type of anime.
The problem is that the comedy is so dull & it's always the same group of tropes.

Meanwhile, Nichijou has its cute moments, but also can be funny because the characters actually feel like characters instead of calculated moe blobs. Not to mention, it feels like nothing truly bad can happen to the characters. Slice of life can be funny, but it feels like they don't want anyone to be all "STOP MAKING MY WAIFU SUFFER!" Part of what makes stuff like Nichijou & Daily Life of Highschool Boys funny is seeing how characters get through tough situations and their reactions.

caliph95

Knowing our luck, we'd probably get Myriad Color Phantom World. lol
That anime exists for one reason

Proof that anime is trash since it's the only thing people remember or know about it
including me

Mizerman

Points for effort.

Oh it's the 21st

Happy birthday to me I guess

HAH, you were born on Sept. 21st as well? First time someone online that I knew shared my birthday.

birthday-cake-burning-candles-animated-card-gif.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
On a non-Toonami note, the new season of Channel Zero starts tonight. This one adapting the story "No End House".
I enjoyed the Candle Cove season so hopefully this one is good too

Got garbage as one of the "ping pong looks bad" people in jarate's thread, garbage in this thread for saying danganronpa was bad, and garbage in the ys 8 thread for saying modern ys is bad.

AMA

Also MHA is on hulu that might be why toonami can't get it

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
should we start callin' ya GarbassForever??

if not obvious, i'm joking, plz take it in good humor

The problem with 90's dubs is in their effort to make things "hip" in replacing the music, they remove epic tracks.

Digimon Adventure would have been a way better experience if we got Brave Heart. It amazes me that the Adventure Tri dub kept it, after 17 years.

Or the song that plays when Gohan goes Super Saiyan 2 following 16's death. Way better than whatever synth trash Faulconer crapped out.
I'm pretty sure music was yanked out because it was expensive and mostly something that was never worked out initially in the copyrighting/legal phase.

Puruzi

Banned
Have Adult Swim on right now and they're airing the first 3 episodes of the original series as a movie? In theaters? Not sure how well that's gonna do.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
She's also rocking the Red Ribbon Army insignia which is cool.
Wonder if this is modeled on someone else from Gero's past.

Top Bottom